I need help cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KRONIK34, Apr 6, 2010.

1. So i have everything i need to clones my girls besides the tray and dome.... is there a website or place to order the dome at??? is there a special name for it?

2. go to local garden or hydro store. buy seedling tray and cover. id advise to build a cloner-see the stickys.

3. I use a tray and dome from local nursery. Mine has vent dials in top for ventilation but haven't used them yet, as I raise lid 3-4 times daily to mist with distilled water. I have the tray set on a heating pad on low for the warmth. (Don't cook them!) I use the liquid Dip N Grow rooting hormone and the tall tomato peat pellets set in a dark planting pot. All this is set under CFL's. Within 1 to 1 1/2 weeks I have rooted clones. Its been 100% effective for me. My first set of clones I killed because I tried to root them in mircle grow potting soil. I don't use anything with nutrients in it on clones until they start to yellow. Then I transplant to growing medium and start use of very mild nutrients. Hope this helps.

4. Man I searched all over for a tall enough dome. Apparently, every dome w/ in 100 miles of me is a 2 inch dome.

So, I built a rumple-cloner. I don't really know what it's called, and it's supposed to work really well.

But that's kinda beside the point.

You were asking where to buy a bigger dome.

Check out ebay, or HTG supply.

$4 MAN.

ORDER THAT SHIT!!!!

DOOOOO ITTTTTT!!!!!!

5. Hey man.

You dont need the dome at all. I have had a hell of a time striking cuttings using rock wool incorporated with a dome, a heat mat and have had ill results, time after time. Now i get 100% on all my cuttings using a simple home made bubble cloner (no humidity dome needed)

Picture.jpg

Its a simple plastic tray that has got ph adjusted water, no nutes. I have a fish tank heater in there to keep the temps right (if you even need it with your ambient temps) as well as a few air stones for airation powered by a pump.
    Floating on top is a polystyrene panel with holes 1" cut out. I then stick some 1-2" wide foam tape over the holes and then cut a slit in it directly over the holes to suppotr the cuttings). I use no clonex/rootex/dutch master or whatever.

Simply grab your cutting, spread the slit with your blade and push the trunk of your cutting through until it reaches the water level. Under low lights, you will see nodes in 6-7 days protuding from the stem (not the cut).

I dont usually wait for a mass of roots to develop. As soon as i see one or two roots a 1/4" long, i transfer them to a perlite/vermiculite enviroment and start feeding on a weak nute mix.

I swear to you, if you use this method it is 100% garuanteed. Good luck

6. Oh, i forgot to mention.

As soon as you see the roots forming, grab your blade and slip it down between the stem and the foam strip, applying pressure, then spread the opening in order to make a clear hole so you can extract your cutting with out damaging the delicate new formed roots.

I cant stress enough how well this system works!!!!!!!