Stealth Cab Grow... advice wanted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RollTider420, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Two days ago me and a friend started designing a stealth box. I used an old dresser i had at home in the basement. This is my 2nd grow and help or ideas are appreciated.

What i Got:
    Stealth box 3.5h x 2.5l x 1.5d
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
    171cfm 4" inline fan with carbon filter
    Mylar
    Good bagseed
    8 26w cfl 6500k
    4 Y light connectors(2 light per socket)

I want to try and grow 4 plants because i want at least 2 females. I know the space will be tight but i don't wanna end up with no females. I will be using LST in this grow.

The box is built and sealed with caulk and i used foam around the doors.

I also have installed the inline fan and the carbon filter. I used a 4 in toilet flange secured to the floor and some electric tape around the bottom of the fan to make the seal air tight to the floor.

I am going to but a hole in the back top of the door for intake. I know the intake should be at the bottom of the box and the exhuast at the top, but since space is tight and the bottom is the only place the inline fan and carbon filter will fit. I believe the temp will stay low enough with the inline fan running 15 minutes on then 15 minutes off 24/0.

Tonight i will be putting the mylar up and placing the lights where they need to be.

Pics below... tell me what you think!

I will update pics either tonight or tomorrow. I will do a temp and humidity test tonight as well.

2. I would be leary of the bag seed. Chances are the strain has hermie tendencies, or some hemp pollen got into the grow.

Dont cheap out on the genetics no amount of growing skill can get around bad genetics.

3. I forgot the pics...

Attached Files:

4. I am not trying to be cheap. I have just heard some bad thing about ordering seeds online, and cant find enough sources to trust any of them. Any suggestions on what sites i can trust. I live inside the USA also and dont want the gov. coming to my front door. Thanks for the reply.

5. Order from Weed-seeds.net they ship to the US prices are good and the shipping is super stealthy.

6. There is no basis for saying that, and in general this statement is untrue.

Bagseed is simply unidentified seed, it could be fantastic genetics. Many large-scale commercial grows are from seed not clones so there are males in the mix that pollinated to make the seeds. Seeds are not a sure sign of hermies in the midst.

You should be able to grow out to at least as good quality as the bag it came from, if not better. Good idea to start with bagseed until you have your growing skills and grow op dialed in.

7. Males are typically killed before they pollinate. Yes?

e: also it is still a big chance to take considering the cost and risk involved.

8. Here is what i did last night. I put up the mylar on all sides and the top. I mounted all lights but i do have one small problem. I ran a temp. test last night and it got up to 93 degrees. I have a 3inch hole at the top of the door and a 1.5in in the bottom right corner of the bottom.

The box is in a closet that is 6lx6wx9h. The room gets pretty warm as well and i am not sure of what is the best way to get the temp down. Help plz

Attached Files:

9. interesting setup mate... keep me updated.:hello:

10. You were saying you were gonna run your intake fan for 15 minutes off and on all day, Have you tried just letting it run 24 hours. If temps still dont drop after it running 24 hours, check out the temp outside of the box to determine how much further you need to do to bring the temps down. maybe just put a good air cirulating fan to circulate the air in the closet like a vornado fan, that should bring the closet temp down and will then bring your intake air temp down. If you can figure a way to have your intake at the bottom and and exhaust at the top that would probably help the most.

11. Since you're already using cfl's you can't do much to reduce the amount of heat you're generating.

All you can do is increase the airflow, increase the amount of air flow you're taking out of the box. Also, if it's in a very warm place you'll just have to lower the temp of the air around the box.

GL man! Hope you get it to work, it looks good otherwise! :D

12. what are ambient temps??

13. tonight i made the intake hole bigger and also added a 12" fan inside the box. I will find out the temp in the morning.

I also started germinating them yesterday.

thanks for all the input...

14. Whether males are killed or not before pollinating is up to the grower. Small-scale, personal growers certainly do. Large-scale commercial growers don't really care -- they are going to sell it by the ton no matter what. A lot of commercial growing is done outdoors, and often on government land, so the growers don't necessarily tend to the plants that often.

15. Honestly its been about 25 years since I got a bag with seeds in it (not just one or 2 I mean heavily pollinated).

16. Last night a made a slightly bigger hole for the intake. Also the seed had roots last night so i decided to go ahead and plant them.

I started the plants in half cut solo cups and placed plastic on top with holes in it. I am going to start with 5 plants in the solo cups and then transplant 3 of them into 8" pots.

The seeds are sitting in a dark closet for now until i see some sprouts coming out of the ground.

Temps are 81-84 when lights and fans are running and around 70-73 when lights are off.

17. you keep cuttin' a bigger hole for that intake and you won't have a door left... hehe:hello:

18. goodluck man your grow looks promising. I like how elaborate you have your stealthy grow lol.

19. Thanks! It has been a lot of work but it will be well worth it in the end.

20. if you got your fan/filter closer to the ceiling of your cabinet your cab would be cool. Heat rises and you can is at the floor getting rid of all the cool air. Just make a bracket and hang it at the top and it will give you more room below as well.