hash oil from male plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cryptorchi1d, Nov 2, 2006.

1. you can make hash oil from male plants?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes.

-mu

3. You can make oil from damn near anything. My buddy made some from middy stems and roach papers. Wasn't the purest oil ever, but I'll be damned if it didn't get me ripped. Do it!

4. If you have a small microscope (or say, the lens off an old video camera, turned back-to-front) and have a close look at the stems and leaves, you can see the resin "crystals" (they look like tiny crystal balls).

If there's resin anywhere, you can make oil. On males the stems are particularly juicy. Of course, no one would grow males specifically for resin, but for the males that slip through, this beats composting any day.

And after you've got your oil, you can still compost them.

-mu

5. ^^^does anyone know where u can get intructions on how to do this?

6. All over the place. Really, a quick search on this site, or a Google will get you thousands of hits.

In essence, you separate the resin from the plant material. That's it.

Myriad methods have sprung up for doing this, generally using whatever equipment and materials are available locally. They fall into two broad catagories...

Mechanical: Resin is separated from the dried plant material by either sifting over a mesh screen (from around 120 microns down to perhaps half that, sometimes silk, sometimes man-made, ladies tights, whatever). The finer the mesh, the less chance there is of plant material falling through, and so often a series of finer and finer meshes is used to extract progressively purer and higher quality "Kief" (aka. "Kif", pollen, crystals, trychs, grains, etc.).

By the way, ladies tights (aka. "Panty-Hose") are available in different mesh sizes, "denier" ratings (though technically, denier describes the fibre size, as opposed to the hole size, there's obviously a correlation).

In many methods, plants are cooled, sometimes in near freezing water, to aid the separation (heat makes the resin stay stuck to the plant), and agitated over a series of screens. The Bubble-Sac system uses this method.

In some locales, buds are simply rubbed between the fingers, and the the hash rolled into shapes, from wee nuggets, right up to massive Temple Balls. I guess, most hash in the world is probably made by indica-type buds rubbed over a silk screen.

Chemical: Dried plant material is soaked in some chemical solvent which absorbs the resins. To maximise the extraction, this solution can be heated, shaken, left over time, etc, depending on what solvent you are using. The liquid is then strained (to remove plant material) and the solvent left to evaporate from the liquid, perhaps over gentle (not a cooker) heat. Lower quality solvent processes usually benefit from passing the plant material through a second batch of solvent.

Pure Isopropyl is probably the best, though any strong alcohol will work. "Everclear" is a popular choice in the US, apparently.

More recently, Butane has become the solvent of choice. Butane extraction produces a clean, highly potent, honey-coloured oil, that keeps very well and blows your mind. If you want to play around with this potentially dangerous, yet highly worthwhile extraction method, the old home-made PVC incendiary device has been given a commercial spin under the name of "Honey Bee". They are around twenty bucks, and reduce the labourious (with an emphasis on "Lab") process to a few simple steps. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING WHILE DOING THIS!

Butane is highly targeted in its action, so you get much less of the useless resinoids and much more of the potent shit in your final product (lots of resin doesn't necessarily mean lots of potency; ask any sativa lover). You get less by volume, of course, but if you are a grower, with loads of trimmings and stems, it's almost criminal not to try it out.

One single strain can give you quite a few different qualities of high (experiences), depending on the method of hash-making/extraction used, so it's worth experimenting with different methods to find the strain-extraction method mix that perfectly suits your requirements.

An excerpt from my book... "Herbs that fuck your mind"
    *ahem* Just kidding.

-mu

7. thanks man, ive gotta try that shit now! so do u just smoke it with you buds or what do you do with the oil?

8. Well, once you have your oil, the sky's the limit!

Back on yonder days of the eighties, when you could actually buy oil fairly easily, it was common to see folk using a match to run a line of the stuff inside a skin, and rolling up some regular tobacco. If you use weed instead of tobacco, you can take gettin' high to a whole new level! Better be sitting down for that one.

You can mix it with any herb you enjoy smoking or vapourizing, or just smoke it neat in a pipe/bong/whatever. You might need to drip it on ash (haven't tried this), or fine mesh, or herb, or something to stop it getting away from you.

If you don't have any emotional issues with "chasing the dragon", you can put a few drops on a piece of foil and suck up the vapours through a tube (a low flame under it will get it going). Be sure and thoroughly flame the foil before you begin, to burn off any toxic substances that may or may not be on the foil. If you see smoke rising from the foil (sans oil), then you have just prevented a potentially fatal incident.

Add it to spirits, brew up a massage lotion, coat cookies, rub it on your partner's clitoris (diluted in wheatgerm or something) really, imagination is the only limit.

-mu

9. Now that is something worth trying!! +1rep for imagination!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry to hijack slightly, but when i trim leaves for hash/oil. Should i trim from the end of the stem, or where it attaches to the main stem of the plant? Can i add stems in the making or is it just the leaves?

11. If your using a solvent to extract the THC, then hell yes use the stems. But if using a mesh or silk screen, stems might fuck it up.

12. "chasing the dragon", [/quote]

lol , ive chased the dragon all over the place but it never got me anywhere:smoking:

13. Lmfao...okay i had to ask, Has anyone actually tried this?

14. Sub'd for life? It was a 6 year old thread. :D

15. Weak. I was hoping it would go somewhere. *sigh* that's what I get for staying up till 230 high and tired trying to post on gc off a phone

16. Yields probably won't be very good but beats throwing them out I guess, so why not?

17. not so good for a buzz excellent for a topical rub.

Twas Ever Thus!

18. My next grow will have a chance of growing two male plants, just wanted to see if I could still make some BHO with them or if it would be a complete waste of time.