Counter strike Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Aug 28, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN93xXfews4]Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Video Preview - YouTube[/ame]

"This is not Counter strike 2"

2. Looks like a shitty free asian ripoff of counterstrike. Like Combat arms or some shit haha :smoke: So bad, and its going to make CSS die as well :(

3. ugh so its gonna be some condition zero shit, got my hopes up

4. Well, i think it looks alright

5. I wish they would use the original CS mechanics like recoil/gun models/gameplay. Theres a reason CS 1.0-1.6 were the best FPS ever released its because they were fun to play not because they looked realistic. Valve has ruined the cs franchise by trying to make it 'realistic' and it just ends up playing awkward. Gamers play video games because the mechanics are fun not because the model of your gun has the greatest detail ever..

6. #6 tflga, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011

do you know for sure if they're changed the mechanics? Might wanna do some research

edit: eh, probably have.

7. The funny thing is, this CS: GO looks more like a budget small developer team with shitty EVERYTHING. I think CSS graphics looked better than this shit lmfao. This is just a Combat Arms ripoff almost I swear :smoke:

8. I mean, since they did say it isn't cs:2, possibly could release a different cs game sooner or later?

9. #9 SeanyCash, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
    I kinda like the idea, they gave it a graphical overhaul without changing too much of the core gameplay that we all know and love.

That being said I wouldn't pay full price for it, but i doubt valve will charge $60

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo8h_x1APzs]COUNTER STRIKE GLOBAL OFFENSIVE INFERNO GAMEPLAY DAWG - YouTube[/ame]

Looks legit as fuck.

11. i know.. i fucking cant wait

12. #13 ProvidencePlant, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
    Bro these graphics look like shit. Combat Arms ripoff!

:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, it's being released on consoles too, which is awesome because I haven't played CS in like 3 or 4 years! I'll be buying it purely for the nostalgic value.

EDIT: And it looks like they fixed the janky ass hitboxes they had in Source.

13. I've been meaning to check out CS for a long time, but eh, I hate PC shooters. I might get this on xbox though even though I know I'll end up missing out on a lot because of it.

I just don't know. I usually don't care for objection based modes like what CS has, and I also don't care for the no respawning usually. Perhaps it will be different this time around though? It's coming out as an XBL arcade game so it will only be like $15-20. If it looks like the xbox is gonna have a decent sized community I'll get it

14. Got a beta invite,played for 10 minutes and was immediately bored. I guess I'm over the whole counter strike style. Sad,because I used to play all the time,but now the whole skating on ice feel just screws up my aim : (

15. If you think CSS looked better graphically then your just a straight up hater on this game, the graphics have improved drastically. Whether or not the gameplay has taken a hit because of this has yet to be seen.