GTA:V Release/Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by NowIsB, May 26, 2012.

1. #2741 llllllllll, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013

I never said GTA IV was rated higher than GTA SA.  I simply said GTA SA is not the best game of all time by a long shot.  

But on that subject yes, imo gta IV is better than SA.

not to mention none of these polls are from reputable places, it is all just a bunch of forum polls.  IE: nostalgia infested kids voting.

funny how u left out VC from any of those results though.  Since none of those percentages except first add up to 100%

2. #2742 â’¸anadianBuds, Jun 30, 2013

I left VC out because you where, and still are claiming Gta IV is better than SA. Even if I did include them though, SA still won by a long shot. Like you said yourself, it's just an opinion, and your opinion is part of the minority. And lol at "Non reputable sources". Forum polls are the best way to see the community's opinion on something.

I am also claiming VC is better than SA, but you seemed to leave that out aswell

I dont care about how the community feels about games.  I care about what people who are paid to review games think.  Not some kids who played san andreas and only san andreas and arent even old enough to know what a classic like mega man is.

4. I never understood the hate gta iv gets. I mean yeah there's more stuff to do in SA but its still a great game. I still play it regularly today and the graphics STILL hold up. Looks really nice blowing 15 cars up. V is going to be epic.

5. I think GTA IV had great gameplay, much improvement there. Story was good too. I did like the San Andreas story more. But graphically and in terms of gameplay GTA IV wins easily and I think the transition from SA to IV was greater than that from VC to SA in those areas. I do feel like it really limited itself with the setting. Very little variety, narrow and broad city streets with different buildings on the sides. No airplanes, jetpack, not even a parachute in the original game. If I had to choose the best aspects of both games it would be the realism in the gameplay and graphics of IV and the story and setting of SA. It seems Rockstar is getting pretty close to that and much more.

6. Run up in your spot like CJ from San Andreas

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I wrote this song a long ago, a real long time ago!

8. #2748 Twistedweather, Jun 30, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I dont really compare GTA:San Andreas and GTAIV
    sure they are both open world games where  a criminal is starting from the bottom to become integral figures in the crime world
    but how Rockstar approached them are very different and imo playing them was different....They are my fave GTA games.

GTAiv was much more focused on realism, story/character, urban environment, more complex driving, and entering High definition gaming

GTA San Andreas introduced a huge diverse environment, more roleplaying elements, plethra of things to do besides main story and it was Standard definition.

Rockstar will take what worked in GTA:SA and GTAiv plus improvements = GTAV

9. GTA:SA had RPG like qualities...

-Could level up your stats
    -More customization of your character
    -Customize your vehicles
    -More vehicles
    -Bigger map
    -Story didn't seem like Scarface
    -Could
    -FLY planes
    -More memorable missions..(IMO)

I personally think dude is trolling at this point...

In any case GTA 4 was a let down..I already stated my reason earlier...really failed at capturing the NYC feel..and was boring. Niko was boring, it took Roman,Brucie,and Little Jacob to liven things up...Ballad of Gay Tony was better IMO than plain GTA 4 because it went back to what made GTA fun in the first place...hell Lost and Damned was better than GTA 4 plain IMO as well.

10. All these gta 4 haters. I'm sure most of you still put in hour after hour playing the game. It's a good game no matter what. Along with all the other gtas rockstar ftw

11. telll u what, any GTA i've ever played inculding the original I've put in massive horus in

i liiked hta 4  lot ................................i  did, just had so much mroe that could of been expanded upon, which is what i expect gta 5 to do

12. Just pre-ordered my GTA V Special Edition, can't wait to play this shyt

13. #2753 Akademicks, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013

>.< I'm debating on whether I should get the Collector's or the Special. 

14. Collectors! You gon' want that poster. + we can wear our GTA V hats while we all play :p

True...I still have my GTA:SA poster and it's been lonely for 6/7 years. Aww what the heck. Collectors it is.

16. How much is collectors edition?

17. $100.00

It comes with the exclusive digital content, a hat, a giant poster size map of the city, tha game obvi. .. Some other extras.

All i care about is the digital extras, game, and poster. The hat I would never wear in public... If you want to you can just get the game and then buy the digital content on marketplace .. prob be $75 total. I don't mind throwing in the extra 15 bucks for some novelty goodies.. I have been anticipating this game so long its worth it in my eyes

18. gtaV pre-order posters now available @ gamestop...

[​IMG] hung it up on my closet door :smoking:

other side
    [​IMG]

19. shit I might have to get two of them... both sides are dope I can't decide which I would face out lol

20. rocking the game cover art currently...it brings me jus a little closer to the real thing :smoke:

prolly switch it after a while....its better than the poster that came with EfLC
    [​IMG] this one stares at me while I'm taking a dump