Do you think lifting weights is fun?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Jeffersong808, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Do you enjoy lifting weights? Why or why not?:wave:

2. working out in general gets fun once you stick with it for a while. I suppose its the endorphins that get released when you workout.

3. Hmm. Dunno if I'd say it's "fun," but I enjoy it. I think I mostly enjoy the results of lifting--endorphins, generally feeling good about my body... I think you have to go consistently for a while to get that, but I'm at the point now were I feel like I "need" to go. I never have to force myself, usually its the opposite. Like, I need to force myself to take breaks. :)

4. I really like working out. I hit it like a part time job though. Here is what I do
    1. Make a playlist that you like and can motivate you.
    2. Pull out the guitar tabs and look them over a little bit.
    3. When you are going through you workout you are riding the riffs and the slap bass
    4. When you cant give it anymore go home.
    5. Drink your drink, smoke your bowl.
    6. Ride the high and pull out your instrument.

P.s. I can't play a killer psychosocial by slipknot.

5. No, not at all

6. IT funner high

7. I used to love it...

free weight dumbbells and lead weight belts during kata sessions were great. would watch a movie and do all kinds of shit with a 50lb dumbbell, massive reps...loved the feeling...sure miss it. (medical problems stop me now...:()

8. #8 JuanRing, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    I enjoyed it back when I lifted. Wish I could get back into it but I don't have access to a gym anymore, and the local private gyms want like 60$ a month for a billion shitty machines that I don't wanna use, and don't even have a proper squat cage.:rolleyes:

Time to buy a ghetto cage for the backyard.:D

Released endorphins + THC = biochemical party in the back XD

9. I'm almost 4 months into lifting at the gym. I know I haven't been doing it for long but I can say it's one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done. Every day I wake up I automatically get so excited because I know I get to go to the gym that day. The gym is all I ever think about.

I'm about to go do shoulders in about 10 minutes and I cannot fucking WAIT.

I love it so much.

Edit - also pre workout is fun as fuck too.

10. Back sophomore year of high school, I had power weights the last period of the day. I absolutely loved it. I could go as hard as I wanted to without going to class sweaty, and got decently ripped too.

11. Trying to live as long as possible

12. Yeah I really enjoy it. I enjoy the running as well.

13. I hate working out in a gym. I'm self conscious and hate working out in front of other people.

I also suck at running, I get unbearable lower back pains.

I ride bikes a lot though, and it keeps me pretty athletic (not ripped though). Have a bit of a beer belly though

14. Try not to get anxious in the gym. People aren't really paying attention to you, and a lot of other people are just as self concious.

15. True story...whenever I do tricep extensions my dick tingles. I wish I could say I was kidding but I'm not haha. But otherwise I always feel good after a workout. Like I accomplished something.

16. yes because for a 1hr - 1hr 30mins im going to be focusing on one thing, moving that weight ( i sound like a bro).

theres nothing else on my mind so its like a meditative state for me. i got all this bullshit going on around me, im sure all you guys do, so to be able to focus on one thing is nice.

its also nice to know that im getting better as well.

17. very fun. every time I'm in the gym if I push myself I can get stronger, faster, more athletic, more explosive, etc. Gradual, tiny, but hard-earned improvements are very rewarding. To be able to lift something you could not a week, a month or a year ago, to triumph over your own physical and mental limitations is a great feeling.

my freshman year I would smoke with the roommates then go to the gym blazed and then smoke again afterwards. one of my very favorite feelings in the world is a post-workout smoke session.

18. No. I'm comfortable being a weakling. I laugh at people who go to gyms the whole world is my gym.

19. I laugh at people who can only curl 20 lb's and couldn't run 2 miles to save their life.

20. I dont like lifting weights. I don't really like targeting one muscle group at a time.

Instead I do kettlebell exercises. I get to use my whole body and I feel great.