How Do I Recover Wax Out Of My Oil Rig

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by mjw4200, Jun 23, 2014.

1. My oil rig has a lot of wax build up inside, near the nail, and in the second perc. The residue near the nail is a darker brown color, and in the second perc, a yellowish color. I was wondering, is there a way i could recover this leftover wax, and is it smokeable?

2. It's called re-claim, and yes you can smoke it but it is gonna be kind of nasty. I would pour some 90%+ rubbing alcohol in your rig and shake it until everything comes out, salt helps take the residue off. Then dump it out.

I would never smoke that shit it tastes like soap.

3. Don't use salt if you are planning on re using your reclaim that's fucking stupid and making it harder to get your reclaim smoke able/useable. Just get take some warm 91% ISO and rinse your piece until all the reclaim has dissolved into the ISO. Poor the ISO into a Pyrex dish and let all the ISO evaporate out. After all the alcohol has been evaporated out I like to throw it in the oven at 170 for a couple hours to fully evaporate the rest of the ISO before I make my edibles.

Trim Nazi

4. Gross. I smoke resin sometimes and it's gross. I'd rather just buy fresh and dump that reclaim shit.

5. Reclaim is different with wax and oils

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. If you're cleaning an oil rig all you need is alcohol never salt. Now if you want to reclaim what's in your rig do this.

Turn your rig upside down or in a way the reclaim can run out. Put the rig in your oven propped to drain the reclaim. Turn the oven to 250. To collect your reclaim have it drip in silicone like a budderblock. You won't get it all but you'll get a bunch.

If you prefer to just clean your rig fill it with 90% or high rubbing alcohol and let it sit for 15-20 min. Drain rinse and use.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. Not worth it if you ask me. I always clean mine and easily have ~5 dabs worth getting cleaned out, not even trippin. 

8. I extracted some reclaim that was accumulating on my water. I just poured some ISO alcohol in the chamber and poured it onto a glass dish and let it sit out for a couple days. It tastes like a perfect blend of the 2 waxes I smoked from it (its new). Kinda harsh though, but a little heavier on the body.

9. I let my daily piece sit for weeks without cleaning. And when it comes time to clean I normally have about a half g built up.

Trim Nazi

You're wasting a ton of it then. Your nail must not be hot enough or something. I'll put 2+ grams of shatter through mine before cleaning it and there's no way I'd get half a G. 

11. #11 Dr fumbles, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    That's because in those weeks I let it go I am smoking way more than a couple grams. More like 7-10 grams are going though my rig maybe more before I clean it.

Trim Nazi

12. How can you tell when the alcohol is all the way out of the wax

13. Hey I recently just did a ton of research on reclaim as I had the same questions as you.

First of all don't try to reclaim until you have a ton of oil caked up inside your rig, I've seen friends have golf ball sized globs swimming around in their rigs. If you don't have a lot you wont get a lot and it's not worth it.

Second, I was too scared to put my rig in the oven, and didn't feel like bothering with heat and iso so this is what I found to be easiest.

I poured some 91% iso into my rig (the less you use the faster you'll get your claim) and let it sit for about ten minutes. Then shook the shit out of it until all the oil on the joint, in my percs, and on the walls was dissolved into the iso. Then you'll want to pour it all into a Pyrex dish. It's best to not have rounded edges on the bottom. You'll have to scrape it out later and that's a hassle. Then just sit your dish in a well ventilated and clean place and wait for all of the iso to evaporate. Towards the end of the process it may look like you have some white milky liquid in the claim, just hit it with a hair dryer till it's all gone. Then scrape it out and you have reclaim.

I've never tried to smoke it because I've heard how nasty it is. All my friends buy empty vitamin capsules from a vitamin shop and fill them with claim. High as balls for hours on hours.

Hope that helped :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I hope you are doing something more than just shoving reclaim in caps.

15. That's all you need. The thc is already activated when you put it on the hot nail. Of course you can use it to cook in pretty much anything you want too.

16. It is activated but just swallowing thc is very ineffective in the world of edibles. Your body won't properly absorb all the thc unless it is mixed with a fatty substance like a cooking oil, milk, butter etc etc. That's why when people make reclaim caps they mix it with coconut oil and soy lecithin. Yes you will get high off straight eating reclaim but is it very in effective compared to the proper way of doing it.

17. Right. I do agree with that completely but just in my opinion cooking with reclaim is a bitch. Too sticky and you lose a lot. More power to you if you can do it well but I like to keep it easy. But yeah cooking it into the fattiest cooking oil you can find is best!

18. I freeze all the reclaim I want to use, weigh it out to get idea of how much oil I will need, throw it back in freezer, then prep my oil, take oil out of freezer and place on mini Pyrex with oil, I then throw it all in the oven at 200 for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally to get a full mix then you can either use it to cook anything from cupcakes to pasta to putting it in caps

19. Never even thought of freezing it...duh! And do you lose any trying to get it out of the dish after you bake it? Like is it hard to get it all collected and into the main recipe? I suppose you could freeze it again if it is haha.

20. Once you cook/mix the reclaim into the oil it is a good blend and you can just poor that into your baking mix(my person choice for edibles). Nothing gets left behind and everything gets used and blended into the mix