Small Runs of BHO?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by spakky, May 16, 2012.

1. and when I mean small, I mean like 3g of flowers and and a half g of melty kief.

I've looked around but nowhere really has any good info. I think I read someone on here did it like this and pulled a full gram of wax. also read that smaller runs are more efficient. anyone have any input? ill be using a stainless turkey baster and vector butane. just wanting to know if the yield will be worth it or if I should just cheef it all normally

2. i have a 2.5g a 4g and a 7.5g extractor i do little runs often

3. what's your usual yield for the 4g one?

4. .8 is average I would say

5. hmm alright. I've got some Hong Kong, don't know if you're familiar with the strain but its crystaly as a mofo, but its also my favorite strain so im debating to smoke it or extract it..

6. IMO It's not really worth hashing out bud unless you've got it in excess, or making low quality hash for baking purposes. I'd just smoke it

7. i disagree i went from smoking 2 grams of tree a day too blasting 7 or 8 grams a week into bho. and i get higher

8. this exactly^
    i bought 1 gram of dank yesterday and instead of just smoking it i ran oil and am way more happy with what i have now :)

9. #9 kushMan89, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    Dude run it! I've heard of that strain and as long as its some good bud, like nice and crystally like you say, it will make some killer bho!

And I agree with nickkres707. Small runs are the way to go. I wouldn't run more that 7-10 grams again, and that would probably be trim. I have a 2.5 baster as well and I get the best yields from that. I think small runs are more efficicant because there's a little less room for error, and if there is any, you don't ruin 14 grams of dank as bud! And I can make the oil I get from 2.5 grams of buds last me 2 or 3 days. The same amount of time I would smoke that bud in. Also with smaller runs, you have less oil, so much less of a chance of potency degrading!:hello: As long as you have time to do a few runs a week, small runs are definitely the way to go. Purge time is also way shorter! I basically go outside with a slightly pre-heated dish, spray, wait 1 minute at most, and all the liquid tane is gone and I head inside for a 1 hour slow and low purge. Perfect shatter every time.

Making BHO from hq buds makes the best hash. I still run lower quality outdoor buds and trim but the best shit comes from good ass indoor ime. I like to smoke the cheaper stuff and run the better since the yield is always much higher.

What I do for baking is run all my bho devices, filters, dishes, razors, and parch paper that I wipe my dabber on with iso and then cook with that shit:cool: I separate the reclaim iso from the normal iso though cause there is a difference in potency, even if I heat treat the regular iso.

This is off topic I know, just wanted to comment:wave:

I also wanted to bring this to all of your attention....

There is a method where you use a thermos to to extract with butane. It's GREAT for small runs because you can literally run what ever amount you want. You could do a half gram if you really wanted to!

10. what i have been doing lately which is the easiest way IMO is puting a vector bho thing/ butane hole in top of jar lid, and then another larger hole beside it, to let the butane escape. Just spray the butane until it is gone into the jar. put on gloves and remove lid and poor liquid tane on the buds that are in a different jar and stir with barbeque skewer. Poor mixture into funnel with panty hose filter/coffe filter. This seems easier to me. and you can spray as much tane as you want in the jar. I use a larger jar for the tane and like to put both jars in the freezer before hand.

11. I've only read about using a ss thermos, but if it works for ya, that sounds pretty cool. Pretty much the same thing, just using glass.

BHO Extraction « Skunk Pharm Research LLC

The tech I'm reffering to is at the bottom of the page almost. Thermos Extraction.

12. im sorry to bump this but when you guys do small runs to you grind the bud up or put nugs in?

13. i get better yield on the first run grinding it up. if i put nuggs in i get like a 12% return and have to grind it up anyway to do a second run and get that other 7 or 8%.

14. Could you use something small for 1 or 2 gram runs? Something like a glass one hitter or a metal pen tube. I want to do a REALLY small extraction(enough for .1 or .2 of oil) just to assure myself that I am capable of making oil before I use more than a few grams

15. you can buy 8th tubes, quarter tubes, any size really

but assuming you want to do it now I'm not sure what to say.

16. Thats about the size I do everytime. Since im just a pothead and dont dab or nothin I do it for groups or when im dry (use stems) BHO never fails.

Dont do this but there was a point in time back doing some hardcore unmentionables that i
    extracted through a pen tube, onto some FOIL and smoked it off the foil like you would the unmentionable (brown goop not white powder)
    It actually worked surprisingly well. Just nastyas hell off of foil

17. Hahaha oh my god! Thanks guys you all have been hella helpful. I bought so much glass at the headshop yesterday tht they must have forgot to give me the tube so I have to go back and hopefully get it! I had a 30 minute conversation about blasting with the guy who rung me up though. Since I can't get back til tomorrow I think I'm gonna try my metal tube with a couple gs in it

18. i bought a little glass tube at a cigar shop called "flowers" its a straight tube with a flower inside and it was a dollar i bought 3 and pack 2 grams in each made golden honey goodness and threw em out after there good if u dont have a tube and you want to do a small run

19. Small runs allow for huge surface area wich means a nice purged product. That's in my experience.