Happy Frog All Purpose Fertilizer 5-5-5

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by maddman, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Whatup fellow coconauts. I am performing a little experiment to see how well Happy Frog All Purpose Fertilizer 5-5-5 works. I have been vegging for 25 days from seed and I have transplanted my 3 plants to 3gal containers. I will be vegging for another week and then I will flip to flower. I expect this fert to last for about 30 days so I will be watering with plain water for the next 2 weeks and after the initial 2 weeks I am going to start mixing in my Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom Soil/Coco. Here is the setup:
    1- Pyramid Seed Tutankhamen fem
    1- Pyramid Seed Anastasia fem
    1- Dank Bagseed
    400W HPS running 20/4--Light just switched from 126W Hydrogrow LED

All Plants are in 100% coco w/ 3tbsp of Happy Frog and 3tbsp of EWC
    These are my only 3 plants so I hope this gamble pays off.
    Pics are coming soon!!! :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. Update:
    Plants are looking good. I think they have gotten over the initial shock from the transplant and they are starting to get bigger. :D I am still wattering with plain water. Hey also check out my ghetto attic setup. :smoke:

Pic1- Tutankhamen
    Pic2- Anastasia
    Pic3- Dank Bagseed

Attached Files:

3. Update:
    OK so I am going to switch to flowering tomorrow. Plants have been doing great and responding to the training with no issue. I have been supercropping the fimmed and topped plants and I will continue to supercrop for the first week of 12/12. :smoke:
    Pic 1: King Tut
    Pic 2: Anastasia
    Pic 3: Fuck it bagseed <-- I have been torturing this plant.
    Pic 4: Group shot

Attached Files:

4. Update:
    Switched to 12/12 on Sunday the 7th. The Anestasia and King tut are both female but the piece of garbage bagseed is turning male.....I think. I don't see any pistils and I see a uni-sack forming so that is my thinking on that. I have started feeding 10ml/g of my Botanicare and I am also adding 2ml/g of Cal-Mag. Enjoy the pics. :smoking:

Attached Files:

5. Update:
    Plants are looking good. The bagseed plant was a male and was trimmed, bagged, and frozen for butter later. I did some serious LST work on the remaining 2 plants and it's looking like I am going to get a crazy amount of tops. I have been feeding the plants 15ml/g of Botanicare and 1ml/g of Cal-Mag. The plants are getting 1/2g of water daily with about 15% runoff. I don't know if I will top-feed with the Happy Frog so opinions on that are welcomed. Any comments......Hello anyone there.....:smoke:
    Enjoy the pics.

Attached Files:

6. yep, were here :wave: and your plants arent looking good, there lookin great.
    thats the reason why your thread hasnt got much feedback. this sub-forum
    has more of a teacher / student thing goin on. now, on the other hand, if your
    girls looked all droopy and yellow and shit, then you would have more replys
    than you shake a branch at. :D

7. I hear ya but it was gettin pretty lonely up in here. :D :wave:

8. yo dude, hows it goin? been a few days, i updated progress today, looks like your due for an update too. :smoke:

9. I'd love to hear how this fert worked out for u!

10. #10 shotnva777, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    just kidding about my first post! I use this happy frog in every medium i make now per the instructions on the back! Add this to your medium and i promise you won't regret it! ***important note - only give potted plants water for first month!!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! AS YOUR PLANT(S) ARE ALREADY GETTING FED! AFTER 4 WEEKS START ON THE "BIG BLOOM" for 2 weeks, then when u transplant give her some "super thrive" and let it take root.... By this time she should be able to handle the "grow big". Followed SHORTLY AFTER (cuz this shit works QUICK!) with "tiger bloom", once u go into flowering! Oh DOLOMITE LIME IN THE FREAKING SOIL!!!!! GOD, WHY DIDN'T ANYONE MENTION BUFFERING SOIL BEFORE MY PREVIOUS 10+ INDOOR GROWS?! AND HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT IT!?!?***

11. Sorry for my extended absence. I love this stuff. I have now used it in every plant I am growing and I couldn't be happier. I also couldn't agree with you more about the way you apply it. I now use this mixture with seedlings, clones, and transition into flower. After 2 weeks in 12/12 I switch to Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom for Coco/Soil. Great job +rep.

The pic is of the Tutankhamen and Anestesia. Both plants yielded 6.6oz under a 400w light. :smoke:

Attached Files:

12. Thanks for the rep bro.... This stuff is golden!

13. Oh and btw! Those plants look amazing! Keep up the good work and check out my dinafem white widow! She's a beaut!

14. wow... interesting concept... I hardly recognized you with your new pic... had to see what you were up to... not surprised its interesting and loaded with dank

keep it up...

15. This stuff is great as a soil builder if used CORRECTLY and SPARINGLY!

Good job so far!

16. So I'm looking at the chart for the liquid soil trio and it says to do a sledgehammer flush like 3 times and i never read of anyone actually doing it. Any thoughts on this?

17. #17 shotnva777, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    I flush with 3 times the amount of a normal watering EVERY flush.... I flush before going into flower as well. If ur speaking about grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom.... With the happy frog, in the soil (I use both) I just don't start the grow big until about a month into veg. The happy frog is taking care of it.

That's just the way I DO it and apply it to my grow (BUT REMEMBER - Every grow, strain and plant is different in their needs! One plant might start looking deficient after a week of veg, I then start grow big. The Big Bloom can be used throughout ALL of the grow, its SO light. From seed/clone to ur last flush before harvest!). Its mixed into my potting soil.... I'm essentially making the thing that most growers SHUN! Slow release soil! Haha... an "organic, slow release - feeding soil". But I CAN CONTROL IT is what I LOVE because its so mild and organic.... Plus this shit isn't staying in your soil like those "balls" in MG and shit like that. Its not even a COMPARISON! Like I said 5 times before, this will never NOT be in my begging mediums EVER again! Btw they make a happy frog SOIL! Maybe I should just buy that and save the hassle.....?! Lol nah, I like bein able to control my organic soil mixes! I'm ALL organics my dudes! Haha, no BS! Need some Cal/mag? Get a food processor and throw in some mag sulphate n some egg SHELLS... Then pure that "gook" shit on as a soil "top dressing".... IDENTICAL RESULTS.

My 2¢