New Coco Grow In New Room

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by HomeOfDaPurps, Jan 27, 2011.

1. #1 HomeOfDaPurps, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
    I've started this thread to show my coco/perlite medical grow, located in the Bay Area, CA, USA.

Power:

1. (2) 1000w Phantoms
    2. (2) Raptors
    3. (2) Hortilux 1000w Dual Arcs
    4. Full 8" insulated ducting
    5. (1) 8" Canfan / (1) 8" Vortex
    6. (2) CAP Fan speed controllers
    7. Canfilter 75
    8. (2) Quantum wall fans(makes W shape)
    9. (1) Standard Stand fan(for CO2 Gen.)
    10. CAP GEN-1(propane)
    11. CAP XGC-1e
    12. Kenmoore dehumidifier

Water, Soil & Nutrients:

1. 200gdp RO
    2. Hanna HI9813-6
    3. Botanicare Coco mixed with Perlite.
    4. Roots Pots(air root prunning)
    5. House and Garden Cocos A & B
    6. House and Garden Top Booster, Bud XL, Drip Clean, Roots Excellerator, and Shooting Powder.
    7. DynaGrow Pro-tek Foliar silicate
    8. Ph Up/Ph Down
    9. Botanicare CalMag

Ladies:

1. (15)OG Kush
    2. (15)Lavender

Now that you know what I'm working with, lets see what they look like![​IMG]
    This is day 2; OG Kush has grown 3"-5"/ Lavender has grown 1"-3"

Lavender:
    2nd Day Lavender.jpg
    OG Kush:
    2nd Day OG Kush.jpg

Stay posted for consistant updates...

2. Grow room pics!! from the description sounds like it will be sweet, Some lovely little ladies you have there :)

3. Yeah, we would love to see the room setup in action. Have you worked out a feeding schedule/profile for them when they are older?

4. As requested, here are the pics of the room. Also, I'll be posting up to date photos of day 6.

Room:

Main Power.jpg

Reflectors.jpg

Carbon Filter.jpg

CO2 Generator.jpg

RO System.jpg

OG Kush:

Day #6; OG Kush.jpg

Day #6; OGK (Group).jpg

Lavender:

Day #6; Lavender.jpg

Day 6#; Lav. (Group).jpg

:hippie:

5. Q:

"Yeah, we would love to see the room setup in action. Have you worked out a feeding schedule/profile for them when they are older?"

A:

I'm going to be using my full(US market) line of House and Garden and their feeding chart.
    I will be working with lower doses of nutrients and working my way up. I can't wait to use the Shooting Powder and see it in action!!!

6. Here is my little killer. He's a slow hunter, but he's cool as hell!

The Gecko:

Enjoying the Heat.jpg

:metal::hello::smoke: :gc_rocks::yay: :hello::bongin::metal: :hello::yay::hippie::smoke::metal::hello::yay:

7. Holy shit that gecko is awesome! lol I want one. Nice set up dude, gotta love coco!!!

8. So I'm seeing some funny sign kinda like flowering, but I'd love some advice. I talked to HSHC after seeing other people with the same problems post about it on other forums. Their response was that they would accept clones back, but they blew me off. They suck! I'll be going for clones elsewhere now that they added a re-veg cycle to the costs and labor. Maybe I'm wrong and some of you out there can examine what the girls look like. If you can zoom in on the nodes and tell me if that looks normal.
    :confused:
    Here's pictures of day 7 and close ups of the new growth.

OG Kush:

Day #7; OGK.jpg
    Day 7; OGK New Growth.jpg

Lavender:

Day #7; Lavender.jpg

Day 7; Lav. New Growth.jpg

Panorama:

Day 7; Panorama.jpg

9. Looks like a clone taken from a pre-sexed mother.

10. #11 HomeOfDaPurps, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    My thoughts exactly! Harborside Health Center blew me off though. I am never going there again and neither should anyone else. Plus I've heard from a provider of theirs that they keif tumble their meds. You buy a gram of keif and a gram of bud and YOU GOT THE SAME BUD THEY STARTED WITH!!!!!

11. Don't go thinking you are in a terrible situation, you still have some nice genetics. They shouldn't have pre-sexed their ladies before maturity if they are going to be selling clones, but you are still ok. You may see some stress on the first ladies, but take clones, isolate the best ones, and then your next round isolate the best clones from those and you should be well on your way. I wouldn't worry too much. My last few runs in promix were from a first generation pre-sexed mother, and I had good results.

12. I know I can come back from this, but its theextra time it adds. Time = Lights, RO Water (extracts 1 good part:5 bad parts), Nutrients, and Labor. That's a crap load of cost!

13. #14 HomeOfDaPurps, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
    Day 9. Ladies are doing well coming back from flowering. New growth is healthy. Old growth lightly paled but didn't suffer too much.

Lavender 6"-9" (5"-6" growth in 7 days)
    OG Kush: 10"-12" (7" growth in 7 Days)

14. not seeing your funny flowering what do you mean by time and labor extra costs? where the lights on 12/12 ? what are you seeing early preflowers?

15. sounds good, i like the house and garden set up you have going. I would get ONE more thing though that is pretty important. You need some carbohydrates for you plants. Botanicare makes a nutrient called "Sweet". This is the bomb! You can also use molasses but the sweet is much easier to work with and will get you equal results. the sweet comes in a variety of flavors, but i always stick with the original "sweet raw".

16. idk I use an empty pint jar filled half withwater I poor in a tablespoon or so of molassas put the cap on and shake vigorusly and then poor into your nute mix. thats pretty easy and costs about three times as less then ur precious sweet. I love botanicare don't get me wrong but I can't stand when company's hang you out to dry. by trying to sell you something worth $6 for $16.

17. #18 HomeOfDaPurps, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    Pistols were coming from the nodes. That means she tried to flower which stunts growth for a couple weeks. Stunted growth to get back to veg equals two weeks more light , extra feed/water, and labor. Those all add up to $$$.

Thanks for the carb tip, I'll get some for my next feed in a couple days.

18. #19 HomeOfDaPurps, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    Size update. Day 11.

Lavender: 6-9"
    OG Kush: 10-15"

Leaves curling in to block light. All I have is two 1000w in raptors for lights and they are dimmed to 60%. Leaves are sprayed with Protek silicate. All I could do is raise the hoods as high as possible and stick all the girls together under one light. That should do the trick. Not any damage but they just seem to be sensitive to the light right now.

Branching is crazy in past 24 hours. Amazing growth. Tomorrow I believe I'll be watering again. Going out to get carbs. I'm going to step up on nutes and then ill let you know how they're doing a little while after they drink.

Thanks again for the feedback.

19. Just fed again. Added Humboldt Honey. Steped it up a bit. I'll post update pics tomorrow. I'm gonna get some sleep.