Is this plan feasible?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by quidamsoul, Sep 24, 2011.

1. I live in Venezuela. There is a sheer lack of access to feminized seeds, on top of a nationwide restriction on foreign currency, impeding the purchase of seeds over the Internet (or anything else over the Internet).

Facing these circumstances, I have been blessed by a friend who visited Europe with two autoflowering feminized Red Dwarf seeds. Since finding new seeds seems extremely troublesome, I am thinking of the possibility of:

1. Plant seed #1 (AF fem Red Dwarf)
    2. Overstress plant #1, cause it to turn male
    3. Wait for flowering, collect female-genome pollen, store.
    4. Plant seed #2 (AF fem RD)
    5. Wait for flowering, pollinize with female pollen from #1.
    6. Wait for harvest, collect hundreds of feminized seeds.
    7. ???
    8. PROFIT.

Thoughts? Anyone done something similar, got any tips?

2. ive never done it myself, but ive heard many cases of people doing this, but over stress wont turn it male, it will just turn it hermie, causing female and male flowers, so in essense the female will pollinate the female, resulting in fem seeds, the only problem i forsee is how do you over stress the plan

3. Some research has confirmed your suspicion--overstress can cause the plant to hermie, and it is in fact a form of selecting for hermaphrodites, which has negative genetic consequences (and a lower pollen yield).

However, apparently misting colloidal silver when the lights switch to 12/12 once or twice a day for two weeks will force pollen sacs to form. Colloidal silver is easy enough to make (out of a 9V battery, couple of clamps, pure silver rings or coins, and distilled water), so I'm thinking I'll try that.

4. Why not just sex a few plants and start cloning? Seems like alot less trouble really if you plan on keeping a grow going. Plus you'd know what you were smoking and over time you could get really good at growing that strain.

I'm not sure about stressing the autos, I'm not even sure about cloning them. But if you just got ol dude to bring you a couple of fem'd seeds, not autoflowering, then I know you could clone those bitches.

Get a female plant
    Grow it out w/ crazy amounts of branches.
    take shit load of clones
    12/12 from roots SOG w/ like 50 cuttings
    profit.

5. I've a future mother in a CFL micro cab for exactly such a purpose. Sour Diesel bagseed from a dealer, hopefully female. I'll take clones and run them in my closet under 150W HPS and 130W CFL@2700k.

But I really want to multiply these AF dwarves, and from my research, you cannot clone an autoflowering plant--hence the need to turn a feminized seed into an autoflowering male, pollinate the other plant, and have enough seeds to sell and spread to friends. I have already got two friends growing, and, should I get sufficient Red Dwarf seeds from this, I could get dozens more to start their own projects.

Gotta love empowering cultivation culture.

6. but your fuckign with autos.

who in the equatorial latitudes would buy em ..

7. What's wrong with autos on the equator?

8. #8 CL4P-TP, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
    simple, why bother ?

you can grow anything (Even Lumbo still sells here in the West coast from time to time )... Y mess with ruderalis?

if your looking to make a profit off of fem'd seeds, Autos are about as difficult as you can start with..you gotta have your feminization process down. ( you have a 1 week window to make fem'd autos). start with regular photoperiod seeds and learn from there.

9. Mainly because they're short, easy to grow, hard to screw up, and the single pair of feminized seeds I possess. Spreading the growing habit to all my stoner friends is a lot easier if the seeds I give them are autos and will give them something smokable within a couple months.

10. Any input from anyone else?