Plant growing with single leaf.

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by kushkid0420, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Has there been a strain or is there a strain in which the leaves are just one long pedal. Looks as if it were just the middle pedal growing.
    I have a plant which a majority is growing with one single pedal. Great for blending with other plants :D.
    But is this trait part of any known ruderalis/ sativa crossbreads? because that what i believe mine to be.

2. I don't know much about this but I also have a plant growing mainly single leaf blades. Most of the leaves are on their own fan leaf stem, causing the plant to look extremely branchy and pretty weird. Mine is an unknown strain grown from bagseed. Do you have a pic of yours? I'm going to take one and put it up

3. It is a triat from equatorial sativa land races. South America, Central Africa, Indonesi, and even the more southern regions of Mexico have land race strains which have these traits. They often do not form typical flowers, rather they grow stringy flowers which are very airy and often have lengths of calyxes which do not resemble more typical strains of drug type cannabis. They are often extremely high in THC, however they are often devoid, or have very low levels of other cannabinoids.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Check out pics of Grinspoon. Does it look like that?

Cheers,
    Past

5. Somewhat, but even more stringy. Another similar example by a mainstream breeder is Quaze, and Tom Hills Original Haze. there are several strains coming out now with equatorial land race sativa genetics in them b/c of the high THC content they often contain.

6. It is a genetic trait, by itself it shouldnt affect the plant, although the lack of leaves could affect the uptake of light.

I had a plant last year that liked to throw out 1 and 3 blade sets. It finished fine.

7. I know this is a old thread but I'm bumping it. I just pulled one of my Bubblegum clones because it was taking forever to grow. The mother that I got it off of has many 1 and 3 blade sets.

Is this common with the Bubblegum strain?

8. not as far as I know. I grow a bubblegum cross and it has healthy fat 5+ bladed leaves. It sounds like substandard conditions or a bad phenotype.

9. Mine is growing with 3 starter leaves

10. Well I it got very shocked after I transplants and it took about a month to get her back healthy. I took a clone when it was dying so I didn't lose the genetic but im just going to flower the mother And grow out some better strAins. I might take a clone of a branch with all 3 leaf sets and c what happens

Kush

11. Sometimes a strain after going from partial/full bud to a rooted clone and vegging can effect the way it looks until it grows out of it, sometimes taking a long time. My one plant at first after revegging had single leaves, then after a month had three, and now after four months of vegging from a fully budded plant, she is now producing five blade leaves. She is ready for cloning again and I can almost guarentee they will be just as good as she was before the reveg.

TGT

12. @Tom: Thanks for the info. Makes complete sense. I trashed the clones I took off the single-leaf plant and just flowered it. I have trimmed it nicely and it's going to turn out to be one great looking plant with colas all over the place. Maybe I'll reveg it if I'm impressed with the strain.

Kush

13. I got a few Northern Berry cutting's and the plant is predominately single, double, and triple leafed. I have seen this in the past and as the plant produces more healthy leaf's and gets larger, just pluck the single leaf's off.

[​IMG]

14. @Tom: The only plant that I have doing this right now is a Bubblegum plant and the single leaf branches are actually producing really nice colas. I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out. I haven't noticed a necessarily small growth rate then branches with 3 leafs.

I'm going to leave this leafs on until harvest/fall off naturally.

kush