Making Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by MaryJane51, Aug 3, 2010.

1. I am wondering if coins in circulation are enough silver to be used to make colloidal silver. If not where is the best place to get pure silver, department stores, appliances? things like that, cheers.

2. Silver solder is 80% pure i think. I solder with lead tho, becuase i'm a cheapscate.

3. pre 64s have silver .. if you want to use old coins to make CS use coins from before 1920 ( if from the US)

from a collectors stand point it is a waste though

4. Can't you just strip an electrical cable?

5. THAT is the kind of thing i'm talking about! Everyday things like wire or something...Anyone have more info on stripping normal wire for silver?

6. the canadian silver coins are 99% pure and are what most people use.

7. Is that the specialty coins or the normal coins used in Canadian circulation?

8. most all of the "silver" ones will work fine, but you can get this product at health food stores and its not expensive.

9. silver brazing rods are 80%+ silver. find a welding shop and ask to buy a few rods, i doubt you'll need more than 2. some brazing rods are 99.9% but cost quite a bit ($10 per 24" rod). the brazing rods are popular and can be found with little effort and will suite your purpose well. look at welding suppliers or plumbing suppliers, almost all welding suppliers will stock the silver rods and some plumbing suppliers do too.

10. #10 Loki7, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    Two silver dollars, two alligator clips and a 9v battery... and you're good to go. Start with a small glass of RO/Distilled water... Once you see a light grey film on the bottom of the glass, stop.. you're done. If you go longer, the silver particles will bunch up and you only want the very smallest particles that are suspended in the water. When you pour it into a spray bottle, use as little of the residue on the bottom of the glass as possible.

Give your sprayer a good shake then start spraying, once a day, a branch/plant as soon as you start to flower... or rather as soon as your plant starts to flower. 2-3 weeks of this and you'll see banannas popping out... Stop spraying once you see the nanners.

-Loki

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I saw that picture somewhere else but couldn't find it so I made this post. great to see the guy who I saw do this ended up giving me the answer I needed. Thanks man!

12. Glad to help...

-Loki

13. #13 josephspare21, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
    so Loki7 u dont need pollen or wat? and how did u put those coins in there so they stayed?

14. The collidial silver makes female plants grow male flowers, you use that pollen...

The bottom of the cup has the bottom of another cup with grooves for the coins... hard to see because they're clear...

-Loki

15. ok so lets say i spray a branch on my flowering plant, that will make that spot male right? then dose it seed or do i have to take pollen from that then pollinate another plant branch to get seeds or wat?

16. You have to spray once or twice a day for about 2 weeks... Yes, when you get male flowers, use that pollen on another branch or a clone of that plant.

-Loki

17. Loki won't the male flowers pollinate the bud they are on? This has been my experience but I make the plant do it naturally with age.

18. It's practically unavoidable...

-Loki

19. so when i throw it into 12/12 how long before i start spraying it? when it shows sex or shows buds or wat?

after i see the bananas i stop spraying right? then i can just rubber band a clear bag over the branch till they open right? then cut branch off and move out of room to collect pollen.

sorry for all the q and a i just rather be safe then sorry.

20. I usually wait until I see the first female flowers... then keep spraying for a week after I see the first male flowers. Sometimes the first male flowers will shoot blanks. You'll probably see seeds on the sprayed branch that don't quite finish... they stay small and white-ish.. that'll be from those first male flowers. By the time you've got full on male flowers, the pollen is good.

I wait until I see the first group of good male flowers are ready to drop pollen and I'll snip the branch and put the stem in water and move it to another room to collect the pollen. You have to time it right, if you're late and it drops pollen in your flower room, everything gets seeded...

A plastic bag would probably be ok, just make sure you keep an eye out for mold if you're still spraying...

-Loki