Sam's Bud shots: 100% organic.

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by Sam87, Jun 17, 2010.

1. #1 Sam87, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    What's up people, finally decided to stop being a lazy stoner and write this up, so here it is: I have never yet been able to post threads in the Journals section, damned if I know why. Waiting for mod approval maybe, but it gives me a blank screen everytime I try.

Setup:

4x4x6.5 grow tent, one fan aircooled hood setup with a 6" Activeair.
    600w Hortilux HPS
    Organic medium. My mix consists of Sunshine #4, EWC, Rainbow mix, dolomite lime, bone meal, Perlite, and Vermiculite. I also add some Indonesian Bat Guano to my final flower pots.

And then they get microbial teas on their first transplant, and then every four weeks. They are also supplemented with molasses, Age Old Fish/Kelp, and Age Old Bloom/Grow when they ask for it, which is rare.

The genetics I'm running are Whitelock (White Rhino x Warlock), Banana Kush, and Barney's Farm LSD. The Banana Kush plants are all going away, once I cycle out what I've got, to make room for White Chocolate and Blue Widow, as soon as I finish this first expansion. The Banana Kush smokes good, and smells amazing, but I can't get her to yield for me for shit.

Anyway, on to the fun stuff. Pics next post, as soon as I get them uploaded.
    My 3 Banana Kush: SANY1044.jpg

SANY1048.jpg

SANY1049.jpg

SANY1057.jpg

SANY1059.jpg

SANY1060.jpg
    Leaning kind of low. . .
    SANY1064.jpg

My 1 LSD plant: SANY1055.jpg

She's really starting to hit some fall colours. I'm expecting harvest on these plants to be either sunday, or next wednesday. Possibly longer, if they're asking for it.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Sam87, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    These are what I'm really excited about: My White Chocolate plants! These are Chocolope X White Rhino, I can't wait to get these girls under 12/12. I know there will be at least one plant out of the 8 that should be absolutely outstanding.

SANY1073.jpg

SANY1075.jpg

A room shot of the first flowering box:
    SANY1070.jpg

Won't let me post pics of previous runs, because they're all up in the organic budshots thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/bud-shots/545754-post-your-organic-bud-shots-16.html
    Lots of awesome stuff in there, from a lot of awesome people.

And I will have pics of my second box, as soon as it all turns on come 7pm. Will be updated weekly, usually tuesday-thrusday, at least on weeks that I can remember. :)

Attached Files:

3. #3 Sam87, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    Right, just got some time to take photos of the second flower box. There's six plants in there, 3 LSD, 2 Banana Kush, and 1 Whitelock. Very excited about watching this box fill out, it's going to be a wall of bud in there.

Room shot:

SANY1078.jpg
    LSD plants:

SANY1080.jpg

SANY1081.jpg

SANY1084.jpg

Banana Kush:
    SANY1085.jpg

SANY1086.jpg

Whitelock (White Rhino X Warlock). This girl is my baby. Can't wait to do a full production run of this plant, it is going to be absolutely sick. For those of you who didn't follow the organic budshots, the last run of this plant gave me over 5 oz of good bud (plus an 8th of hash), off of a 29" plant (with a bunch of mistakes: First serious run I've ever done)

. It's also some of the best smoke I've ever had. Perfectly balanced, no ceiling, and the potency is such that when I first harvested it, it was literally a two hitter quitter for me. Haven't had those effects for about 2 years prior to that, and I've been hitting every dispensary in town for the last six months, with nothing to even come close, so that's saying a bit.
    SANY1087.jpg

SANY1088.jpg

SANY1089.jpg

Once I get this room setup, they'll be going in 10 gallon smart pots, with a two month veg time, under 1000 watters. Probably run ten of them out of my 18. I got very, very lucky with these genetics.

4. Oh hell yeah Sam. That is very sweet looking man! Nice growing dude.... :hello:

5. +rep for some sweet looking organics man. Looks delicious.

6. Killer buds Sam! Yeah, I don't like to blow up the bud shot thread but you GOTTA post some pics somewhere...:D Be sure to give us the manicured shots too!

:cool:Peace bro

7. These plants and buds look outstanding. Gotta love the tops that lean so hard.

8. Yeah dude, I can't even keep some of those colas standing. Both of those plants have these darned rubber stems too, definitely doesen't help it. Really, that Banana plant is freaking made to put in a screen, but I just don't want that in my room right now. Not much of a yielder when she's untrained, but it's some damned good nighttime stuff when she all finishes up.

I'm thinking about taking my smallest Banana Kush tonight, to compare early harvests. The runt of the batch is actually a few days ahead of the others in terms of trichome development, she's at 59 days right now, about %20 clear, 70% cloudy, 10% amber, and not a lot of fresh pistil growth. I think I'd prefer her a few more days, but I think she's "ready", by the average standards, and I'm bored.

So, you guys might get harvest pics tonight, or you might get them Sunday, depending on how preoccupied I keep myself, heh.

9. Right, that's everything up for now. Decided to be patient, and wait until Sunday, at the least, to take the first plant. Or rather, I didn't think to pull the plant out of the box before 9pm, but that and work make up my mind for me. :)

But the second box is now up.

10. very nice sam!!

11. Big time props Sam........those are some beautiful bud shots! Your plants/buds are inspiring and a great example of a quality organic grow. Thanks for all your input and for sharing.

chunk

12. Lookin good Sam. Nice looking genetics!

Lemme know if you'd be down to do a clone swap sometime. I love the White Chololate idea.

I'll be watchin.

13. Hells yeah man. Let me get a selection for that girl, and I'll hit you up.

And thanks to everyone who's checked it out. Will have dried pics and weight probably tommorow. Peace out.

14. Right, time for my weekly update, only a month and a half later. Life got weird on me this past month, and I haven't had a lot of time to get the girls out and photograph them.

Well, I though I'd take the time right now to put up an update, as I've decided that I've had enough trimming for one day. These are pics from a few days before harvest, and from today.

First one is a group shot of my White Chocolate females. Pulled five females out of eight germed. The plant on the forward right is my Whitelock. I'd have individual photos, but they're asleep right now. Maybe tomorrow.
    SANY1111.jpg

Next are some shots of my LSD plants:

SANY1112.jpg
    SANY1114.jpg
    SANY1116.jpg
    SANY1119.jpg
    SANY1120.jpg

And then the Banana Kush:

SANY1125.jpg
    SANY1124.jpg
    SANY1123.jpg
    SANY1121.jpg

15. And then some harvest shots. The Banana Kush are moving back and forth between the dry and veg boxes right now,to keep them going a few more days. I want a teensy bit more amber on her before she comes down.

SANY1127.jpg
    SANY1130.jpg
    SANY1132.jpg

Not too shabby. Should be between 4 and 6 ounces of LSD, and 2.5-3 ounces of Banana Kush. Will definitely hold me over for a bit.

I also pulled 3/4 of an ounce off my Whitelock, which came down last week with no pics. She was a baby, I flowered her accidentally because I was having to shuttle her between flower boxes to maintain her light schedule, due to heat problems in the veg box. Only two side branches and a single top. Damned good smoke though.

SANY1135.jpg
    SANY1134.jpg

16. Nice pull Sam........that's some good looking bud there for sure bro. Major props on a killer grow.

chunk

17. Dude you have some ridiculous buds. Nice job! +rep

18. #18 Sam87, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Hey, thanks for dropping in guys. Finally got around to taking some shots of my second flower box. These are my White Chocolate girls, which I am very excited about. Every one of these plants is very vigorous, and they've been a lot of fun to grow so far.

Pheno #1: This is my current favorite. Shows a lot of Chocolope in the leaves and shape.
    SANY1139.jpg

Pheno #2: She's started producing trichomes, at day 18. None of the other plants are showing anything.
    SANY1140.jpg
    SANY1141.jpg

Pheno #3: Meh. We'll see how she does when she buds. Been kind of bitchy, but if it's good smoke, then I'll take the tradeoff.
    SANY1142.jpg
    SANY1143.jpg

Pheno #4: Vigorous! My second favorite, as of now. You can see how much bigger the buds are, compared to the others. Lower stretch in flower made up for it being over 6" taller, and with three more nodes than the second largest, just before flower.
    SANY1144.jpg
    SANY1145.jpg

Pheno #5: This is the tall girl. She suffered some heat damage in early veg, but bounced back nicely. She may be (effectively) the same pheno as #2, but the growth conditions were a bit different with them, so I can't really say.

SANY1147.jpg
    SANY1148.jpg

Damn! I couldn't help but try a before cure LSD nug. That shit hits nice and deep. Got some paranoia too it as well, just the way I like it, heh. Gotta love that bud that makes your palms sweat.

Attached Files:

19. WTH....you've got two flower boxes yielding bud like that?!? Wowzers!

20. Hah, yeah. It's been functioning mostly as a veg box, through the summer though. Can't get adequate ventilation to the veg space to combat summer temps.

And hey, thanks for stopping in man. What's that in your avatar?