Our Tutorial to making a "Blong". Blunt and bong lovers alike rejoice!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by straitsb, Jul 6, 2010.

1. #1 straitsb, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    This is a tutorial myself and the user BlongSmkr has made.

What is a "Blong"?

A "Blong" is when you smoke a blunt, but in the bowl for your bong. There have been threads like this, here a few I've found...

I smoke blongs!

Blunt + Bong = Blong

Blong

In this thread I plan on showing you pictures of our process and giving an explanation behind each picture. We have been smoking these for years, and smoke at least a couple every day. Everyone who is new to the experience is always pleased. It can be a disaster if done incorrectly, our method is proven to work, but I am the first to welcome any innovations to our long lasted tradition.

[​IMG]

Here we have all the weed we plan on using for the Blong. The amount doesn't matter, use as much or as little as you see fit. Yes we are using mid-grade for this.

[​IMG]

Next fill your blunt up, making sure to leave enough behind to almost pack a full bowl with by itself.

[​IMG]

The blunt is finished. The end you see is the lighting end. The smoking end needs to have no extra paper on it, there should be weed right at the end of the blunt. Since it's going into the bowl, any extra paper will crumble or fold over and cause the blunt to not pull. Make the paper flush with the weed, this ensures you get a nice pull, and it cannot get folded.

[​IMG]

Here is how the blunt goes into the bowl initially. Don't press down too hard or the blunt will bend or break, just hold it firmly.

[​IMG]

Here we are putting weed around the blunt, make sure to distribute it evenly. You will need to still hold the blunt in place during this, after you have a good layer around the blunt, press it down firmly so it's against the blunt, but not so it pinches the blunt. It should have a good firm hold on the blunt now. If you touch the blunt and it feels real loose, pack the weed a little harder. The blunt needs to be sturdy, but not too loose or stiff. This process may take a couple of sessions for you to get a feel of it.

[​IMG]

Our finished product.

[​IMG]

Now what it looks like in the bong.

[​IMG]

A little over half-way through. One light is all it takes to get it started, when the cherry meets the weed is where we make the change to a regular bowl.

[​IMG]

From here light around the blunt the best you can. You will need to pack the weed down sometimes as the blunt will sometimes burn through to the bottom. No worries, like I said just use your lighter and pack the weed down towards the center and your bowl is just fine.

I hope this tutorial helps some of you smokers out there!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes sir, this has been a daily tradition since 2002. This method gets you really high without the need to pack bowl after bowl, or smoke blunt after bunt. It's the best of both worlds, blunt taste with the breathtaking rip of a bong.

"Do it once, do it right!" Jonathan B. Blong

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4th of July for me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoke:

4. I've never smoked a blunt in a bong, but when I first got my bubbler I smoked cannon joints in it like this. I gotta try the blong though :D

5. This is awesome. I am definitely trying this soon!

6. sorry to slow your role, but its been done by myself and im sure tons of other GC members, its typically called a time bomb, because of how the blunt sparks the weed when it hits it. like the wick of a bomb

7. ive never heared of it called a blong though... time bomb sounds sweeter ill stick with that.

8. this had been done many times, but it kind of gives me an idea. what if one was to make a combo of a bong and a glass blunt? it would give the thick cherried hits of a "blong" but more efficient and without paper. basically it would be a glass blunt as a slide. i think this would truly deserve the title of "blong." thoughts?

9. I did this once.. but instead of packing weed around the blunt, I just inserted straight into the downstem and pulled it like a slide :p worked awesome haha.

P.s. btard that sounds like a great idea!

10. So we're clear guys, I'm aware it's been done before, that is why I bothered to link other threads like my own. You have not slowed my roll whatsoever.

My only thought, ashing it would become a hassle.

11. Ive used this "blong method" quite a few times.
    Works well for sure.
    In-fact i went to my friends apartment and we had 2 blunts and we put one in a bong lol.

12. I hope this is working out for the few who have tried it!

13. Hell yeah, nice to know other people know whats up with this. I call them cherry-bombs, or time-bombs though. Thanks for the tutorial though. I made a thread about this in toking tools a week or so ago.

A recent one I did
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. we smoke our blunts through the bong with a (bbp) blunt bong piece, just a bowl made to hold blunts instead of weed, real easy to ash and use. This Time bomb is some sweet shit to do with a joint tho.

15. Am I the only one who turned their head sideways and read the Pro's choice thing he rolled the blunt on? :p

16. i just occasionally blow into the bowl.

then again i dont pack like a bitch

17. sweet guide man I usually just held the joint up to the bowl and took the joint off as a carb

18. trying this next time

19. He was referring to the comment made by btard about a glass blunt in the bong. Ashing a regular blong is no challenge. :D

20. DAMN!
    definately need to try that sometime
    thats fuckin awesome