what is it that roor has?????

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by lilman0322, Feb 26, 2009.

1. hey guys soo i am looking in to buying a new bong a good one and i was just wondering what is it that roor has why do they cost soo much money is it just the name cuz i can find no name bongs out there just as think and also cheeper soo does roor only have the name what it is????

2. Search button is up there

3. your avatar is already ROOR and you donno jack!

Roor has built a repuatation for having excellent glass, and search is your friend.

4. #4 dirtybongwater, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    Most people have heard it all before but celebstoner had a quote from Pot Culture that sums ROOR up quite nicely. :smoke:

The Pot Culture entry for Roor is as follows:
    German company that engineered a line of water pipes known for their beaker-like shapes and utilitarian design. Sandblasted glass fittings - called glass-on-glass - allow for the ultimate in suction through high-quality thickness.

edit: if I'm not mistaken they were the first to use/creator of a defuser type downstem as well. Martin Brizzle was the glass blowing bong master, so to speak. -- You mix the all of the above with an ice catcher and you've started a bong revolution!! :smoke:

5. ya but.... you kida are paying for just the name brand, you can find that stuff anywhere

6. its more about consistancy. sure you can probably find a no lable glass peice of the same quality as some roors, but youd have to do some serious searching coupled with a lot of know-how. Whereas roors make exellent glass consistantly throughout their lines of products.

7. ^ exactly.

with a lot of company's you have to search and search for a tube that made it out of the factory without looking like a janky piece of crap.

with RooR you'd have to search and search for a tube that made it out of the factory looking like a janky piece of crap.

8. #8 BigTrees, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    what is it that roor has?????

A reputation built on quality through expert craftsmanship
    materials
    and cutting edge technologies (both in the bongs and the creation of the bongs)

RooR is widely recognized as the best bong company in the world for a reason

some people think its toro

my best tube is a toro (among my LARGE collection of less qualty brands)

but roor straight tubes beat straight tubes from any other glass company

9. Yeah right Toro and Illadelph are soo much better. Roor is all in the name the tube quality is good but you shouldget a no name tube and just take care of it cause they hit the same.

10. ^ Illadelphs are in NO way superior to RooRs.

just a lot trendier in my opinion.

11. Roor has loyal customers that is what Roor has. why is that? quality and consistency of their product. Roor has expanded its sales across the entire US, and if you cant find one in your general area you can order one. thats the difference, you cant buy a Toro or Illy that easily. All of these are quality glass it just preference really. I own a Toro and i love it but ill probably get a illy and a Roor before my time is done.

12. Thanks for the lolz

13. #13 Notro, Feb 26, 2009
    I can't find anywhere near me that sells roor sadly, and they do have a nice range price wise which is another reason they are a great company, they wont rape your wallet unless you let them ;).

I gotta pickup a GEAR 5mm 21" strait tube with single tree perk because roors are hard to find, but thats cool because the gear pieces are all high quality as well and Canadian made, with a shitty world economy ill support my country.

14. One thing I noticed while shopping around at the headshop. Still haven't purchased. Grrrr. Was that a lesser brand tube(mgh? mgm? Something like that, the letters were all lightningbolty and it had a rhasta colored logo) weighed a ton more than the similar sized RooR.

15. #15 CjX, Feb 26, 2009
    A lot of the more expensive tubes ($150+) are being made from 5mm pyrex. Any double+ perced tube (non name brand included) are being made from 5mm pyrex.

5mm pyrex is becoming the default standard for perculated bongs in headshops. The 5 headshops around here all use pyrex for bongs and bubblers (probably not bats, spoons, or chillums).

Just go to a headshop and ask about what glass they use for their more high end water pipes, most likely they will say pyrex.

Oh and btw, Roor makes their pipes out of borosilicate glass.
    Pyrex is thermal shock treated borosilicate glass.

Personally, I'm not a fan of roor. I'm all about perculation, but the price of perced roors is too high. They sell 14in beakers with nothing on it cept ice notches, not even a diffused downstem for $200+, when you can go to ANY headshop and get a doubled tree perced 22in beaker with diffused downstem for under $200

This is exactly what I'm talking about

http://www.grasscity.com/online_hea...Icemaster_Cup_50__3_Piece.cfm?iProductID=3523

That's roughly 17 inches tall, 5mm thick, beaker bottom with ice notches. That's it. $270 not including shipping.

For $270 you can get a double tree perc, bong bag, and probably even an ashcatcher.
    The nobrand double tree perc is like this. 22"+ tall, 5mm pyrex, beaker bottom, diffused downstem and bowl (gong), 2 3 arm tree percs, ice notches.

The double tree perc is obviously going to hit smoother than the roor, and to me that's all that matters.

Honestly, if your looking for a better smoking experience, go for perced bongs. I wouldn't recommend dome percs though, or atleast not any triple dome percs. The triple dome percs in the trinitys drag like hell from what I hear. Tree percs are really big and open for air flow (no drag)

16. you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

17. #17 CjX, Feb 26, 2009
  18. #18 DirtMcGurt, Feb 26, 2009
    anyone who spends 30 seconds on google could figure out you're full of shit.

Pyrex is MADE from Borosilicate glass, and borosilicate is most certainly resistant to thermal shock.

EDIT: you just proved yourself wrong pal... the RooR website says that they are made of borosilicate, and then SECOND SENTENCE of your next link explains that Pyrex is made of borosilicate (unless it's kitchenware apparently)

19. #19 CjX, Feb 26, 2009
    Ok first of all, you need to calm down.

Second, read the links I gave you

I know that pyrex is made from borosilicate glass, if you read what you actually quoted me saying, you would know.

I'm not saying pyrex is better, I'm saying Pyrex is the exact same thing. Meaning that anyone who says pyrex is "cheap Chinese glass" is wrong.

20. i'm quite calm, and i did read... let me just double check incase i missed something.

from the RooR website. RooRs are...

and from your Pyrex link...

and from your original post

:confused: