Need help with my decision

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by gjohnson, Mar 1, 2013.

1. So with my tax return coming soon I'm looking for some new glass and pretty much have it narrowed down. I'm currently trying to decide between

A double/triple Honeycomb
    StemLine/kingstem to disk
    Or a Mobius stereo matrix

Any input I could get about these would be greatly appreciated to help with my decision.

And if It makes any difference my current piece is a Kind Creations inline to shower head about 12-14 in tall

2. Ay man, I hate to say it, but instead of spending so much quid on glass, make a bong yourself. It won't be as good, but it'll save you hella cash and you can still get doughed.

3. Any one else have any input on these pieces

4. Anyone at all?

5. I would choose the stereo matrix IMO.

6. never used any of em personally, but from the knowledge I've gained lurking on this forum I know you can already rule out the honeycomb.
    After that I think it'll come down to which one aesthetically pleases you more than anything, but if you're all about diffusion then you definitely want a stereo matrix.

7. Whats wrong with honeycombs based on what you've read they seem popular but I've never personally had a chance to hit one

8. check out ioffer.com i got my new glass for 165 shipped (My glass). Its quality heavy glass. They don't come with slides usually though, but they have some sweet double honey combs and honeycomb combos

9. What kind of budget you working with gjohnson?

10. Well I can spend up to about 6-700 but I was hoping to keep it under 400 so I was leaning more towards the StemLine/honeycombs but any suggestions are welcome

And would it be worth it to spend the extra money on the stereo matrix or no

11. SGW waffle v2, 300 i believe on a q u a l a b

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSl4ZeTNiPs]Product Review: SGW Waffle Perc Bong - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-rRL4JYzoA]Stone Glass Works (SGW) Waffle V2 -Dry Hit - YouTube[/ame]

13. So you think a gridded waffle would be better than a gridded StemLine/ KingStem

14. personally, im a fan of a good balence of diffusion. Too many bubbles takes away from the potency i feel. Too little and its weak sauce. My double disk diffused is perfect. Ice pinch slide, with a carbon filter. Perfect setup imo

15. Well if it helps I like taking nice slower hits because while I like taking smooth hits I hate getting a kick in the chest and long coughing fit from those hits that are so smooth you don't feel it till you clear it....

If that makes any since probley not because it sounds weird to me too

16. This.

17. That makes sense but that's more based off of the slide you're using than the piece (a high flow slide will milk up faster and make the piece function better).

I think you've confused smooth hits with late expansion. A truly smooth hit isn't going to be harsh at all or make you cough up a lung. If you take a big enough hit you might have a little throat cough after the hit but meh.

For smoothness, the Stereo Matrix hands down. For flavor, a basic StemLine (king stem has less flavor due to the chamber size).

For a balance I'd probably grab a Stem to Disc from Apix or something.

There are plenty of other options in your price range but there's a little help.

18. I'd get the mobius. I've hit a PHx honeycomb and was not at all impressed. Sovereignty stemlines are nice, but definitely not as smooth. Have you looked at Dirty Rico and Kush Scientific? Both companies have some sweet flower tubes.