Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will Donating Blood Help Pass THC Test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by puffarella, Feb 11, 2012.

1. So I understand that THC is stored in fat, is released when fat is burned into the system - is carried by the blood and further metalalized by it and deposited into the kidneys for filtration, and then of course into the bladder.

I have a bit of extra blood from being pregnant (miscarried a few days ago though - I was 8 weeks). I am wondering if having the extra blood is helping to detox by moving more THC out of the fat, or if having the extra blood is keeping all this lingering in my system.

In other words, will a blood donation assist in an overall detox/cleanse for the better? Or will reducing the amount of blood cause it to be more concentrated and make the THC levels higher ultimately?

2. This is weird lol no, you already understand that THC is stored in your fat cells, why would donating blood make a difference? The only way to get rid of it is burning fat. I don't think it will make the THC already in your fat cells more or less concentrated.

3. I don't think that'll work, really sorry about your miscarriage though :l

4. Well my logic goes like this in questioning this:

The THC are people.
    They are stored in fat which is a house if your small, or a store if your bigger.
    The bladder is the PARTY they are trying to get to.
    The blood is the VEHICLE which drives them from the house to the party.

SOOOO, does having more blood - thus a larger vehicle - say a SCHOOLBUS - help because more people can get to the party...and is this a good or bad thing?

Would having less blood, thus reducing the SCHOOLBUS down to a hatchback, carry less people to the party...and is this good or bad?

OR

Does having more blood dilute the process because the units per million is less since there is more blood present? If I have extra blood say 2 extra buckets (I do) and lets say that 2000 units, to my 35 THC units - is that better than if I donate blood and then I have 1000 units to my 35 THC units?

Ypu all are saying it doesn't have any effect, but as the vehicle/carrier/transportation system to the bladder I think it does matter....

5. Pretty sure they check if ur thc positive before u donate blood...

6. Whoa! Really ChieferKeyah?

They check THC before allowing blood donation?

I know they check Iron and a couple other things, but wow, if they check for THC would they tell me I can't donate? If so, isn't this kinda a cool way to get a free test?

DO you know what level they test at?

Last time I donated they took a few small vials before filling the bag (I was not smoking then - had never tried it). I understood they took the pint and tested the smaller samples LATER and if they were good the bag was OK'd....but maybe I misunderstood.

They did test some stuff like iron immediately...I would think it might be a bit expensive to blood spot test THC....which makes you wonder how many puffers and cokeheads might be donating blood....hmmmm

7. They check for protein iron and blood pressure, then diseases. If they did drug tests before they started drawing blood or plasma, then there would be far less people donating blood. This is an easy job for a crackhead. 

8. THC only stays in the blood for a couple of hours before it is metabolized and stored into your fat cells. So no, it wouldn't do anything.

9. #9 2jza70, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    (Edited, only1blue said it)

10. No, since THC is stored in the fat cells, then surgeons would have to remove all of your fat from your body, and then you would pass the test. You would probably get sick and die too because the human body needs a certain amount of fat for energy. Good luck!!

11. Yes, if your blood is healthy, the red cross pays you for it. But they test first for any and all contaminates. I sure as hell would not want an skid row bum's blood in me....

12. No they don't do a drug screen on donated blood who ever said there would be "alot less donors" is correct.  They test for hepatitis and hiv and thats it.. most drugs don't stay in the blood stream long because of the kindey functions and liver function. BTW I worked in a lab for a yr and worked in dialysis for 4 so I'm pretty sure.

13. Nope.  Initially, THC doesn't stay in your blood more than a few days from the last time you smoked but it is stored in fat much longer

14. is it just me or did this guys text get bigger as he typed it?

15. Hahaha thats funny cause I asked about that lol.  I'm not sure why that happens haha