Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic/Anxiety, CBD's and the MFLB

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by redandyello, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Just got an mflb and was a bit disappointed by the significantly higher levels of paranoia/anxiety I got from my first session than with smoking. I realize that it may have been due to overmedicating accidentally (first time vaping). But after doing some reading I found out that vaping biases towards THC as opposed to CBD, due to the lower flashpoint of THC, and this can lead to paranoia and anxiety. This is important to me not only because of the paranoia/anxiety issues, but also because I'm interested in the medical effects of CBD's as well, and am trying to move away from smoking.

So, my question is: what can I do to decrease paranoia/anxiety that is more pronounced from vaping, and also increase my CBD consumption while vaping? Can I simply heat up the chamber longer than normal to get to a higher temperature, to pull out more CBD's than at lower temperatures. If I do this, I run the risk of turning my herb black, which I assume isn't good. Has anyone had any experience getting a CBD effect from the MFLB?

2. I know exactly what you are asking.

As you stated THC has a lower flashpoint then other cannabinoids such as CBD, therefore to release the active agents you must vape at a higher temperature.

Fortunately the MFLB allows its user to control the temp by slowing the speed of the draw. If you would like to get a more CBD rich high I would suggest combusting or vaping until the weed is a dark brown, hues of black

Hope this helped, happy vaping! :smoke:

3. As a matter of fact.. im sitting in my room feeling a little noided.. {8-o I would also like to know more about what this fella's inquiring..

4. i never knew that THC had a different "flash point" (new word to me, but i understand what it means). i pretty much exclusively vape now and i have anxiety issues. i always thought my anxiety while high was just because of me but what you're saying is it could be vaping itself? so that the CBD's which are almost a "counter balance" are left out? i use an iolite so i can't control the temperature.

5. This is what turned me off from vaping, I thought, oh, i'll get an MFLB as my first cannabis consumption tool, but after I did some research I decided i'll take the minor lung damage to make sure I get the other cannibinoids.

And yep, if you look up a video of a woman taking pure THC by iv you'll see when she takes THC without any other cannibinoids she experiences many symptoms of psychosis.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cAFRAX3Gs[/ame]

6. thats nuts man, no pun intended

7. I'm like this with vapes too...but I just got used to it. The first 15-20 minutes were the worst then it all mellows out. Also helps to start off with really small tokes.

8. just like the guy said vape at a higher temp and u will release the CBD's and get a "stoned" high . as for anxiety (been fighting it for 20 +yrs was diagnosed with depression all that jazz) i find vaping at low temps really low temps to release the terpins (i might mispell that i'm pretty high right now)helps with anxiety a lot..and it taste awesome too...experiment with draw speed and keep a journal on how u vaped and how u felt u will find what works for u...

9. Consuming the already vaped weed from the previous session at the start of the next one allows you to balance your cannabinoids. "Layering" eatables and vaping can be quite successful.

10. Goes to show that the plant should not be bastardized. All these cbd only laws coming up are wrong. The plant should be consumed as is.