Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why to spend $60 on kief box [pics]

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rasta Haze, Dec 29, 2011.

1. #1 Rasta Haze, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
    Hey blades. My last pickup was super kiefy, so I let the buds dry up in my kief box for a few days. I ground up about 12 grams, put it in my kief box, and this is what you get. This thread is for questions/informational purposes as to why a kief box should be essential to your collection, and to show how weaksauce grinders are for collecting kief.

Here we go:

Stage 1
    Shaken a while, put in freezer for 15 minutes to knock the thichomes off

[​IMG]

Stage 2:
    A nice little swipe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stage 3:
    Fully collected

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stage 4:
    Reference

[​IMG]

*****************UPDATE*******************

Made some hash with the collection tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Very cool :)

What type of grinder do you use pre-kief box?

3. I think I just came, sorry.

4. very nice, thanks for the pics :p

5. thats awesome man! way superior to my grinder kief catcher...might have to invest in one of these:smoking: enjoy it

6. Also, do you shake the box before or after putting it in the freezer?

7. I'm confused, what is that powder stuff?

8. both.

9. It's kief. the little crystals that you see on your weed. It can be used to make hash:hello:

10. To be more specific, it's the trichromes you see on your bud. They have a very high THC percentage. It's a very fine powder because each trichrome is very small.

It is used to top off bowls or joints with to get that extra high, or used in edibles or hash because the high thc content and size of the trichromes is ideal for being used in oil or butter.

11. Thanks man, I have a 4 piece Silver Surfer grinder (HIGH quality) with the screen attachment removed. Then I just dump it in the box.

Haha yeah dude, that's the point of the thread so I'm glad it's giving people something to think about. It's definitely 5X more efficient than a grinder.

As Grid said, both. The freezer gives me about + 1/3 of the total on top of what I already collect. I think of it like 'fine tuning'.

12. But doesn't that make the bud you smoke a little less potent?

13. Only if you don't top your bowl off with kief...I usually do. I'd get far more trichromes that way than if I just ground it up and stuck it in the bowl.

14. [quote name='"miztokealot"']

Only if you don't top your bowl off with kief...I usually do. I'd get far more trichromes that way than if I just ground it up and stuck it in the bowl.[/quote]

Seems to be a bit pointless then. Lol. But I definitely love keif boxes (look up WICCA). And have you tried it without topping the bowls? Is it still potent enough?

15. How much weed did it take to get that much keef

16. man if you want to totally dekief your bud like you did kief box is the worst way lol.

grinders are for people who want to still smoke their bud, not render their plant useless to make hash, and like i said if thats the goal kief box is the worst way you can do it. very inefficient.

17. You guys are looking too far into this 'depotency of bud'.

Do you have any idea how much kief you guys waste by leaving it on your bud, then repeatedly hitting it with a lighter? The flame instantly kills the THC. So if that's the case, then what I am doing is saving it from being wasted.

The trichomes are not the only parts of the bud that get you high (mids for example). Even though it does reduce potency by a minimal -and I do mean minimal- amount, it's not enough to hamper my daily habits.

When I smoke, I still get the plant cannabinoids. I rarely top bowls with the kief, its best suited for topping off a vape bowl with. Vaping kief on a layer of bud is like getting drop kicked in the face. Topping bowls with it wastes it by killing the THC with the flame again. IMO, THAT is useless.

Carebears: Wicca is the best known, my LHS carried 'Ryot Boxes'.

Cripin: Used around 12g's

Warrior and Carebears: it does not render bud useless.

I plan on making hash from this anyway, since my bud is 85% still as potent, and I'm probably up 1.3 grams in free hash ;)

18. Cheers mate, I don't have a vape so the kief box doesn't seem like the investment for me. But have fun with this man!

19. im sold, buying one before i pickup nugget again and im making hash :) maybe thatll give me a reason to buy a rig >:D

20. This is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. If I had that much kief, I'd be the happiest man alive