Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stopping smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Reopen, Dec 18, 2011.

1. So today I realized getting high is way too much trouble for what it is. Girlfriend doesn't like it, family doesn't like it, and it's a hassle getting money for it. Plus I'm always worrying about the smell being on me. So I need to quit. Problem is though, I hang out with a bunch of people who always smoke me out, and I can't say no to a nicely rolled blunt or a packed bowl.

How do I quit?

2. smoke till you die man

3. Gonna finish my last 2 grams and then quit >.>

EDIT: Fuck, I probably shouldn't do that if I plan on quitting. uhh.

4. You can stop buying weed but never turn down a free joint. As for your girlfriend just dont smoke when your gonna go around her.

5. Smoke what u got in one sesh and just get high lime once a day from noww on.. lie blaze before bed or somethin.. u wont get busted that way

6. Man, don't quit, just take a long break and see how things turn out. I'm currently taking a 2-3 month break just to straighten my life out before I start smoking again.

7. Loled. If you want to quit then stop buying weed. But turning down free bud is blasphemy.

8. Damn dude, haha I'll never stop smoking then. Ugh. I seriously do have to quit though, I'm letting my grades go to shit for weed. Need to straighten my priorities out.

9. Your grades going to shit is your fault bro. If you don't hangout until after you have done all your homework then you wouldn't need to worry about getting free weed in the first place.

Weed only takes over your life if you let it. I am a senior in high school. Been a three sport athlete since freshman year. No problems. Just smoke before bed. Or only smoke on weekends. And don't hangout with people who smoke if you don't wanna smoke. Bad idea.

10. vaporize, eliminates smell problem, eliminates money problem (you will use much less cannabis), educate your family, and slap your girlfriend just because

11. you don't quit weed. weed quits you.

12. Just smoke when your with your friends then. Problem solved.

13. Simple. Never buy any herb, or offer to throw down, when you go mooch off your buddies' blunts & bowls.

Believe me, as soon as your buddies get sick of this you won't be smokin' at all anymore.

Problem solved. :smoke:

14. be more discreet. i had the same problem, but its cus i was doing it all wrong. just dont smoke right before you go home, or before you go to see ur girlfreind. if you smoke before seeing either, allow for enough time to pass for you to sober up and air out. use discipline. if you know theres not enough time for you to sober up before you see ur girl or ur parents, just dont smoke. save it for another day. pressures from your loved ones is no reason to quit. i'm sure they do a whole lot of shit you dont approve of, but you dont see them stopping do you?

15. The herb is here to enhance your life not ruin it. Stop smoking before you do important shit. As stated above, use discipline. I usually just wake n bake and smoke bedtime bowls, you gotta stay productive during the day.

16. You my friend are on the totally wrong forum..

17. Quitter..

18. [quote name='"FreshXD"']Quitter..[/quote]

Ha. :)

19. You don't have to quit, if you want to WILL POWER!

You can still hang out with your friends, even if you don't want to smoke. They should accept that - if they really are your friend.

If you want to really "fit in" then you can always just take a hit or two and not get super baked :smoking:

20. Start exercising and eating a healthy diet. Exercise will get you high off endocannabinoids, endorphins (which are structurally similar to morphine but thousands of times more potent in pain reduction), and Anandamide (the body own THC)

Using Exercise to Curb Marijuana Cravings, Coffee May Lower Stroke Risk in Women, Media Characters on Food Packaging Sway Kids (Week in Review)

Exercise can curb pot cravings - Times Of India

Get High On Exercise (page 1)

Exercise, endocannabinoids and natural highs | Brain Study

Plus, eating fruits and vegetables can get you high~!

Scientists Find New Sources of Plant Cannabinoids Other than Medical Marijuana? « Montana Biotech

The take home message is that fatty acid derivatives, terpenes, and polyphenols are found in numerous plants. Fruits and veggies represent another source, if not treasure troves, of compounds which may interact with the endocannabinoid system.

Exercising and eating a healthy diet helped me stop smoking weed, so it should help you as well. :D