Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long for a HEAVY smoker to clean their system

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ISmokeWithJews, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Well long story short i have to take a urine drug test on 11/14 and i have been smoking heavy for about 10 months now . How long should it take me to clean my system of weed?

2. For ever

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Stop smoking now and start drinking lots of water. You're screwed

4. I dont know the answer but good luck dude

5. i got 39 days till the drug test how long does it take for a heavy smoker to get clean

6. Probaly not over a month i think ur good if u just stop now

7. Ohhhh November 14th, I was about to say you are screwed haha... Just drink tons of water, exercise and definitely no smoking, you probably will be good by then man, especially if you have a low body fat percentage.

Edit: As Jaden said, the max is around a month man, no matter how hard you've been smoking.

8. yeah about that lower fat percentage did i forget to mention im kind of fluffy

9. thanks i sall that before you posted it but after i posted this kind of a fail on my part but still thanks dude

10. Haha same here man, then maaaaybe a little longer but it is 39 days man, water water water, and sweat sweat sweat haha. Good luck!

11. Up two months, especially if chronic and overweight.
    Don't work out a lot before your test.
    Water won't help.
    Test yourself first. Thc only tests are about $10. They're as sensitive as most lab urine tox screens.
    Get clean urine that morning from someone else if you can and stealth it. Temp has to be right. Donor urine needs to be from same sex.
    Good luck. Thc is the hardest one to clear from your system.

12. two months holy shit i thought it only takes up to 30 days

13. For the amount of time all this is unnecessary. And contrary to your claim, water is the only thing that will help, in addition to a decent amount of exercise up to a couple days before the test. Don't work out for a bit before the test though, let all the metabolites that are circulating from the exercise get flushed out. By lots of water.

No need to test yourself really, unless you're really paranoid a day or two before. Honestly though with over 5 weeks as long as you drink and aren't too lazy you should be fine, no need for someone else's urine.

14. It should be 30 days if you push the thc out by drinking water and burning fat.

15. Wow man. Wrong info. Water will only lower the specific gravity of your urine to red flag levels. Cannabinoids absorb in fat, are not water soluble, and the ONLY thing that clears you for a test is time. Exercise will break down fat cells and can lead to a dirty test long after you've stopped. Testing yourself first is a cheap and reliable way to know you're in the clear. I've personally tested positive at home after 7 weeks clean. Good luck.

16. #17 ryeseisi, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011

Sorry I didn't quite elaborate enough, you kind of misunderstood me a bit.

I didn't mean a bunch of water on test day, I meant a healthy flow of water, consistently, for his entire detox period as that will help move his entire metabolism along the way it's supposed to. Surely he would go to the restroom at least once before going for the test, and due to drinking lots of water for the duration of the detox will be well-hydrated (especially if he's exercising, speeding up bloodflow to all the body's natural detoxification mechanisms). The urine's specific gravity won't be lowered because it's not any different from the pisses he took for the 30+ days prior, no extra water or anything.

Also just so disinformation doesn't spread too much.. cannabinoids are eliminated from the bloodstream in a matter of hours. It is not cannabinoids the test tests for, it's the metabolites of the body's breakdown process, which can persist in the tissues for weeks, depending on how much has built up (ie chronic vs. weekend use). These tissues eliminate the metabolites through the bloodstream filtering, ie. kidneys and liver. So, intestines/digestive tracts and... bladder.

Exercise speeds up all of the body's processes, including that one. Since the waste is eliminated mainly through water(urine), being well hydrated is essential for the elimination of the metabolites. Time is one of the biggest factors, but exercise and water are part of it too. Thinking otherwise would be denying that you body does indeed do these things.

EDIT: Also just because something isn't soluble in water doesn't mean that water can't simply be a carrier. It would be a mixture instead of a solution. Cannabinoids are soluble in alcohol and fat/oil meaning they dissolve in it. They don't dissolve in water, instead just like the trichomes from the plant would sink in water, the molecules would sink and float in water.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. my friend was court ordered to take a drug test. while there she asked the person at the lab how long it takes for it to get out of your system. she told her lil over 2 weeks. i have another friend that passed after 16 days and was a pretty heavy smoker but im sure there are a lot of factors that will come into effect on how long it will take. personally i think you will be fine if you stop now

18. It could take up to 6 weeks

19. about as long as it takes to drive to a headshop and get synth urine...