Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hyoscyamine

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stevooo123, Oct 7, 2011.

1. i was prescibed this for my stomach and was wondering if it is ok to smoke while taking this. dont really think that there will be an effect, just tryin to be safe than sorry. and also im not trying to talk aboout other drugs here, just tryin to get some info to be safe

2. Very true

3. the reason i ask is cause its derived from datura or somthin and you can trip out from it, so i thought maby smokin with it would intensfy the drug makin me trip out. idk maby im just buggin haha

4. Do you have GERD by chance? (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease).

5. #6 Shpongle, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    It's derived from many plants from the Solanaceae family in which Datura and many other plants reside. At less-than-psychoactive dosage levels hyoscyamine is relatively harmless. Just don't take more than you're prescribed and you'll be fine. Also, don't try taking extra pills to find out what the psychoactive dosage is! Datura and it's many alkaloids, while causing some halucinations and dream-like states (which sound super awesome), was commonly used as a poison in medieval times.

6. i dont know and neither do my doctors haha. i been in and out the doctors for my stomach for almost four months now and they still havnt figured out what i have. i wake up every morning with mad stomach pains, cant eat cause i feel like im just gonna throw it up. so they just prescribed me this

7. You just described exactly how I felt my entire senior year of high school (sophomore in college now), and even up to now. I got an endoscopy and colonoscopy (YUK huh!) done this summer, and that's what they concluded. I take prilosec, but ran out a couple weeks ago. Since then the nausea in the morning and loss of appetite have came back. It sucks, but the procedures and medicine have helped. I might quit the prilosec and start cannabis haha (more cannabis I mean).

8. ya cannabis is the only thing that really helps me so far. and thats weird im a senior in high school now haha

9. Maybe you just like copying me :D. That is pretty weird though

10. I have been prescribed this before. I now use cannabis for my UC instead. I've taken them together without any problems.