Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do I feel so bad/guilty about my life after I come down off a high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadyonedeath, Sep 22, 2011.

1. I always feel guilty because I feel everyone expects more out of me. Quite honestly, I've come to question and ponder so many things about life that i've been depressed for a while now. Being successful doesn't even appeal to me anymore. I used to have goals, but everything seems to conflict with MJ. It's like everything I wanted to do in life that I've always thought would make me "happy" requires me to drop MJ.

But MJ is like the only sure thing in my life right now. My family kicked me out (not due to drug related reasons). It's like, if everything I always thought would make me happy in life hasn't, why gamble the rest of my life in hope for that one 'success' that leaves me happy? Why gamble your life to a cause when you can just enjoy guaranteed pleasure at little costs?

Does anyone else think about these things?

2. I find it easier not to think. :cool:

3. I think it's human nature to always expect more from yourself. Not many people can say they're completely satisfied with their life honestly.

The question you need to ask yourself is are these goals more important than subtle happiness, and if so, you should probably take a break just to get your goals in order and eventually use ganja as a reward. If not, ganja can bring a happy life also as long as you don't dwell on what could have been.

4. Try taking a break from the bud and use that time to reevaluate your life. Remember that mj is just a luxury and should not be one of your top priorities.

5. We all wonder the same shit man. and some of us choose to go out with a bang.

6. The thing about weed is that it IS a psychedelic, if a mild one, and thus like other psychedelics it can bring out unwanted feelings in your psyche.

If it's really causing you that much trouble, then don't smoke weed. It's not like other drugs where you're legitimately physically addicted. Just stop smoking. If your life takes a turn for the worse after quitting, maybe pick up the herb again. More than anything don't stress about it, it's not worth it.

7. i've taken breaks before, longest 3 weeks...and quite honestly, in my 'sane' sober self, there's nothing I want to do more than smoke weed. Its ridiculous.

I honestly feel miserable sober. And its been like that since before I started smoking weed. I've always been like this, lack of motivation to do anything. It wasn't until I found weed that I found a new joy for life. I don't know where i'd be had I not found weed. I'd probably be in jail blowing up pent up anger/rage.

8. Yo dude I totally feel you. When I come down from a high I get kind of scared, almost terrified about where my life is headed. I'm a musician and I want to start playing out and maybe make a record. But when I get high I start to think about how scary that really is and maybe I should just get an office job and live a normal life. It's really scary dude I know. You just gotta hang out with a lot of friends, make more friends, find something you like an pursue it. And make sure you really wanna do it. And just try not to think to much. Sit in the park with a J and just enjoy life and look at how beautiful the world is. Just stay safe man.

9. You feel guilty because you know that there are (subjectively) 'better' things you could've done with that time. However, the thing about life is that it's never going to be perfect... the people who have all the success and money are empty soul-less creatures who need a constant source of audiovisual stimuli as well as new products and services that they never learn the capacity to feel fulfilled.

This is where weed comes in. With weed you are content with just existing, add some food and a movie and you're in bliss. This is why our society is making you feel guilty. Because you have something that they do not. Contentedness.

It helps imo to make a concerted effort to just enjoy and be fully immersed in whatever you are doing at any particular moment. Although not everything can derive much entertainment anything you do has the potential to add something to your life.

I really don't know what I'm saying but I think about a lot of the same things you do.

10. This seems kind of circular to me. You're not happy when you're stoned/coming down, but you're even less happy sober. What advice do you want, exactly?

Cut down your use and make something of your life. Go out more, talk to your friends, etc. Weed is best enjoyed when you have things going for you OTHER than weed. Gratuitous weed smoking all day is fun, but it's a million times more fun if you're happy without weed as well.

11. Yes, everyone does. It's the curse of man.
    How does weed not allow you to be successful/happy in your future goals?

12. What's your life style like man, like what do you do with yourself? Work? School? Friends? What's your day to day life like

13. You aren't the only one lol I think to myself all the time why I was put here and what is my purpose even when sober. I'm 19 only had 1 job and im currently unemployed looking for work living with my parents. I know that if I dont get my shit together im gonna end up a bum on the street so right now Im just looking for a job to save up and start going to school again. I can tell my dad is disappointed with me right now lol especially since I smoke and he knows it even though I buy my own weed making money on the side however I can but Im sure shit gets better sooner or later I hope :)

14. careers i prefer want a drug free candidate...no matter what.

I dont do much. When I have work, I show up, do my time. When I go home, I smoke, eat, and go out with my gf at night.

Missed this school semester. So no class right now, even though I would like to be in school right now.

15. A lot man. I don't know what to even tell you. I'm not going through the easiest part of my life either. But i feel like i have so much in life and yet i have so little of what i really want at times. It's a crazy world and you just gotta keep on living in it.

16. Talk to your girl friend man. I have a whole family that cares for me a lot and i love them to the death but i can't just communicate with them the way i would to others. And i don't communicate good with others either. I would love to have someone i can speak my mind to all the time.

17. Talk to your girl friend man. I have a whole family that cares for me a lot and i love them to the death but i can't just communicate with them the way i would to others. And i don't communicate good with others either. I would love to have someone i can speak my mind to all the time.

Just remember that life is filled with ambivalence. IMO

18. usually only happens to me after i take other drugs... don't think i've ever gotten it after getting baked.

19. I guarantee you're losing the feeling of self worth cause you're not doing much but just working and shit, I'm the same, smoking and not doing much with yourself hits me from time to time quit a bit. but you got a girl, what does she think?

20. I felt like everything I did wasn't good enough.. But, eventually I learned how to just accept myself..