Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I let him do it???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by doctrgreenthumb, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Dont really post much but needed some advice. (im pretty baked too!)

So the problem is my younger brother smoking. He has just turned 15 and smokes all the time. I used to smoke at that age but in moderation. We were just talking the other night and he told me he smokes almost everyday. Sometimes after school and sometimes before bed when hes got nothing to do.
    He's got good friends and lives a pretty good life so im happy he's not doing for depression or having a hard time. But should i be worried about him doing it everyday?? I no theres no risk on a fully developed adult brain. But could this effect him because he is still developing??

2. personally if he can manage it with other stuff and still do well in school whats the problem?

3. #3 Verdurous, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
    Well, you aren't going to be able to stop him.... lol

If you tell him not to, he'll see it as hypocritical and will lose some respect for you. If you go as far as to rat on him, you're going to lose a ton of respect. Either way, you won't be helping and will be damaging your relationship, especially considering he confided in you in the first place. He obviously trusts you, so don't ruin it.

Let him have his liberty and decide for himself if it's worth it or not. He's a human being and has a mind of his own, so in the end it's his choice, his consequences. I know you care about him and want the best, but if he is using it as responsibly as you say he is, then who are you to decide it isn't best? Let him be and build on your relationship by discussing the risks with him using Granny's MMJ Reference List.

As far as risks not related to his health, be sure to discuss those as well. Let him know you're concerned and care, but don't try to stop him. haha You're just going to make him think you're ignorant and not someone to confide in.

4. Ask him if he's lost his virginity, if he says no,

tell him he can't smoke until he gets laid

if he asks why tell him you don't want him to be a pussy

5. I did this from 13 and my life got fucked, don't let him do it everyday.

6. I started smoking later in life but most people I know who started smoking regularly in their teens regret it. If he keeps his life on track, sure... But those people I know didn't seem to have success in that area.

7. What are you talking about? It does apply you ignoramus, I did exactly what OP's lil bro did, resulted in a lot of fucked shit happening. So, it is a possibility that OP's lil bro could be effected in the same way, not necessarily, but I didn't say that.

Some people on this forum are so fucking annoying it's unbelievable.

8. I'm talking about the logical fallacy of your statement. Are you the OP's little brother? No? Then there's no guarantee that the millions of variables that lead to your failure are the same for the OP's little brother. You have no idea that what you did as a youth was exactly identical to what the OP's little brother is doing. lol That's impossible. Sure, it's a slight possibility that your outcomes will be the same for the little brother, but that by no means means that they WILL, which was what I was pointing out.

9. #10 The Mack, Sep 1, 2011
    Erm, you're CLEARLY by that paragraph are an inexperienced smoker and completely unaware of the consequences of lighting up this herb. And you also seem to be unable to apply simple logic to this situation, because there aren't THAT many variables, and the main one we're dealing with is a drug that we both smoked, and smoking this drug has similar effects on all of us. At 15, smoking renders you in a haze, lazy, hungry, and not wanting to do school work, trust me I know. At 15 don't try tell me you'd smoke a bowl and do your homework. Smoking 'sometimes after school and sometimes before bed', he's probably not even telling you truthfully how much or when he smokes. He may start smoking in school before school like I did.

All I tried to tell OP is to make sure he keeps an eye on his lil bro and make sure it doesn't go out of control, because I had nobody to do that for me.

Just the way you responded to my post like an arrogant piece of shit is what sets me off.

10. Let me put it this way....all the guys who used to smoke in my high/secondary school(16 and under) ended up either failing their exams, not getting into college/6th form or not getting into uni or getting a good job.

Im being serious though...every single one of them was a drop out. Not a single person that used to blaze at that school age has actually accomplished anything so far in their lives. I'm talking about around 10 people that I personally knew.

(btw I only started smoking at like 19)

So from personal experience I'd tell your brother to cut back a bit...

But then again....you're brother could be the 1 in 10 that's an exception...

11. Thank you....you're from the UK like me. I started at 13 smoking 3-5 spliffs a day, I got 5 A* 4 A and 1 B at GCSE (aged 16). Good results for a smoker right? College comes, I think I can smoke and do no work like usual, U, U, D, D. I'm back in college retaking but the smokings still happening, retook my first year of AS and got 4 B's :)

12. lmao .. I turned my little brother into a pot head. As long as he can handle his shit he should be just fine. I have been smoking since I was 12 and I'm now 22

13. Not everyone can balance school and weed everyday. I know I had a hard time with it. I would make sure hes keeping up with his responsibilities and if you notice a problem confront him about it. Some people can balance weed and school perfectly. Some people cant.

14. #15 sith, Sep 1, 2011
    lol, that's a big gap between the GCSE and AS level results. But congrats on your new results! :smoke:

EDIT

Lol, just remembered...OP...just make sure that your brother doesn't end up actually smoking during school time in the day...one m8 tried to smoke in the bathroom during class (really stupid idea)....he got caught by none other than the headmaster! Got expelled after. I feel bad for him...but still find it kind of funny (I know I shouldn't though, lol)

15. #16 doctrgreenthumb, Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks 4 the help everyone..i suggested to him he take a tbreak and just smoke every now and then until he gets a bit older. its no big deal tho, jst wasnt to sure if there were risks with evrryday smoking at 15.

16. #17 Verdurous, Sep 1, 2011
    The problem is, I do smoke bowls and then do my homework. Not everyone struggles in school when they smoke weed. I do quite well in school while smoking weed and it effects everyone differently, even depending in the strain. So, if that, the bold, is all you were saying, then I completely agree with you because that's really all I've been saying all along too.

That isn't true for me, though. Everyone in my small town smoked. There were only a few people who didn't and plenty of them failed as well compared to the people who smoked. I know several hard stoners that have gotten into good schools and are doing well in life. The only ones who dropped out were the ones who didn't do well in school before the weed anyway or the people who also started using other drugs. I'm not arguing against suggesting the the little brother cut back a bit, though. It just isn't a good idea to tell him to stop and that he shouldn't smoke.

^^^See, obviously not everyone experiences failure with weed. Otherwise, not as many people would be arguing for weed either.
    I completely agree with this.

Sounds great. :hello:

17. One of the funniest quotes I've heard in awhile hahahahha.

18. @ themack and sith just because u guys know people or did smoke weed everyday before school and during school and ended up failing exams and shit doesn't mean that this guys brother will, I smoke before school everyday and during and after and I'm the smartest person in all my classes and have the highest marks in my year. This just means that if you failed or know people that failed you or them were going to fail anyways. I've been smoking everyday since I was in grade 8 and my marks hove gone nowhere but up, this disproves that if you smoke everyday that smoking will nit be the cause for you to fail school

19. make sure the people who he is smoking with all the time arent bad people,

stay around positive people you know..? :D