Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help trying to convince my parents

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WannaMarijuana, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Made an account just for this :)

I've been smoking the herb for about 2 years now and my parents have never found out until recently. My sister (only a bit older than me) somehow found out from one of my friends and told my parents. :( I have no valid reason to move out because the college I go to is very near where I live. Also if I say I'm gonna move out, they say that I'm just doing that so I can smoke weed more. Yeah they're kind of strict.

It's really hard, cause although it is legal to move out when youre 18, it doesn't usually happen where I live. Here families are very close-knitted and it is common for some/most to live with their parents through their early 20s (like 20-24 years old usually)

So now I need help convincing my parents that weed isn't as bad as they claim it is. :)

I've shown them a few sites showing the positive effects of marijuana. Unfortunately, they say that the positive effects are "justifying the reasons to use it". They also say that any altered state (being stoned, being drunk, etc.) is a way for the devil to tempt you to do things because youre "not in control", my mom says she read that from an Exorcism book. :confused:

They also say that the smoking will affect my health negatively, so i said I could switch to vapes or edibles, but then my mom went back to that devil tempting thing she read in an exorcism book. :mad:

Can anyone provide UNBIASED links, medical studies that show the long and short term effects of smoking weed. I would really appreciate the links! Thanks GC :wave:

2. #2 sourdank, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  3. Inb4 show them the union

4. Just sit them both down and say "mother, father, if it wasn't for the weed I'd have murdered you both in your beds months ago"

5. Whats so bad about the devil? :D

6. Man just tell them you're atheist or agnostic so to try and force their ideals on you is offensive.
    Just cook up some edibles and give them to your family make canabutter and just spread it in a sandwich even feed it to them and just be like, how good was that haha.
    Although a warning canabutter can be very strong.

7. lol my mum is EXACTLY the same.

8. Two words.

The. Union.

9. Tell her I can partake in a little MJ. OR I can Move out and in with a girl, have premarital sex every night, start smoking cigs, start drinking, start watching xxx rated movies online, start my own grow house and supply other people with it while making money, etc etc (anything else thats against your or your parents religion.) with the key phrase at the very end... "While still partaking in MJ."

haha no. Seriously. It will just be a how it happens is how it happens. Worst case you will be kicked out or they call the cops. Best case would be they approve of it and say nothing else (wish we all lived in that world huh?) But it will prolly fall somewhere in between like they disapprove and they will tell you they disapprove and bug the shit out of you about how much they disapprove. Just try to make them feel better by telling them you wont drive and smoke and stuff like that. Worst case is to just deal with it and do it at a friends house or while they arent home. etc etc.

Parents are going to be parents no matter what. Regardless of how old you are. I'm 20 and my parents are just realizing they have no control over me anymore. And I've been out on my own for over a year now. Even moved to FL. I still get calls at random times getting chewed out for something i did 3 years ago, or w/e. But You wont convince people that think its the devil any different. You cant disguise the "Devil" if they already know what he looks like. Just wait for it to be legalized.

And no, Weed is not the Devil. hence why its in quotes. A hot girl walks up and starts making out with you. The Devil is when your g/f finds out about this, and blames you for it even though you didnt start it, or do anything. lol your excuse can be to that "I can't help it that a totally hot stranger walked up and started making out with me. My sexiness doesn't have a knob to turn it down or off."

10. Just make her watch The Union and she will get the program :3 thats what I did

11. My parents believe ALL the anti-weed propaganda. I read everything they do, and site every wrong point. Which is everything. My parents would never change, so I moved 11 hours away. Now they can't stop me from doing anything. My dad has this EXTREME hatred of me being in my bedroom with my girlfriend, so now I fuck her in Arkansas instead of Texas. My parents think MJ is going to ruin my life, so I moved to Arkansas and kept on toking.

The funny thing is, my parents are strict Catholics, so they let me get TRASHED at home. lol. Apparently alcohol isn't the Devil! :p

12. do they drink?

if so, they are being complete hypocrites.

cannabis is just as acceptable, if not more so, than drinking a beer, scotch, wine, etc.

tell them this, i did at least, "mom, dad, i smoke cannabis. everyday." "get over it"

prepare your argument with solid facts, write them down if you have to.

it looks alot better than stumbling about why marijuana should be legalized..i hate that, i hate it when people try to come up with good reasons and they are either to high or to dumb to actually have sustainable reasons.

it gives the cannabis community such a negative connotation. i hate that. ^

hope it works out man,

-jfw

13. LOL :hello:

Fuck yeah, secretly put some weed in the family dinner, get everyone baked. THAT'LL HELP :rolleyes:

14. I made some tea once, and gave it to my mom and grandma. They were acting funny as fuck. To this day, I still haven't told them they were high xD

15. Dude, seriously, fuck that propaganda film the union. I cant stand it when kids say that movie will change your parents minds, all it does is make them resentful and uncomfortable.
    Send a private message to storm crow. Or just look in her signature, she has plenty of unbiased, scientific, and medical research papers and materials that will not only get your point across, but it will do so in an intelligent and respectful manner.
    Granny rocks like that.

Good luck op

16. Get them high with edibles/tea, like on grandma's boy. Then proceed to have a huge party where everyone gets ripped. Haha, but seriously, I would definitely show them the union. It may not make them allow you to smoke but it will atleast educate them about the herb, so they won't be so closed-minded. Good luck man :smoke:

17. #18 Storm Crow, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
    I expect you to read these before you give them to your parents.

First is from an EX-drug counselor! ;)

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (forum post/news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]http://forum.grasscity.com/general-marijuana-news-around-world/651462-when-your-kid-smokes-pot.html[/FONT]

These folks may give you some helpful ideas-
    Christians for Cannabis | ChristiansAgainstProhibition.org

Jesus Healed Using Cannabis (news - 2003) Entheology.org - Preserving Ancient Knowledge

CC11: Cannabis and the Christ: Jesus used Marijuana

Now see that first link in my sig? Click it to find more stuff like this!

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer. (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells. (full - 2007) Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells

Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer (news - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer[/FONT]

And WebMD is about as respectable as you can get! :rolleyes:

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain

Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation (news – 2007)
    Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation

Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis
    Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain (news – 2003) Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

"And the leaves of the tree were for the healing of nations." :smoke:

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave: