Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking about quitting weed to Lucid Dream

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zaza13, Aug 21, 2011.

1. #1 zaza13, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    so, ive been smoking for about a year and its been AWESOME. I recently stopped because I went on vacation with my family. While on the vacation I had the most realistic, vivid, lucid dreams I've ever had in my life. I love my dreams and I'm not sure what I like more. Dreaming or getting stoned. I'm getting to the point where I can sort of control my dreams which is awesome. idk, I might just stay clean for a month and record all my dreams and try to learn from them then go back to smoking. What do you guys think? What would you choose?
    oh, and does anyone know if you can smoke weed during the day and stay sober at night and lucid dream? I guess I might have to find out for myself but if anyone has any experience with this, do tell

oh and if you don't think marijuana affects dreaming read this article. Does marijuana affect dreaming? | Lucid Guide

2. Sounds like you should keep smoking in order to keep dreaming. It really helps. For me atleast. :bongin:

3. it might help you but when i smoked weed like 1-5 times a day I didn't dream. Now that I've been sober for a week I've been dreaming again. And I've been reading other articles that say that weed can 'block dreams'
    I guess I'll just have to experiment with it for myself. I'll try smoking during the day and see if i can dream at night.

4. When I smoke I never dream!
    I also can lucid dream..have done it about 4 times.
    I was flying over hawaii, chilled with optimus prime, banged mila kunis, and drove a lambo. It's pretty great :)

5. yeah, it is GREAT! I love it. I just hate that I have to choose one or the other :mad:

6. #6 bmpnok, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well maybe you can just limit smoking? I only smoke fridays and saturdays so I have no problem dreaming the other days.

7. yeah ill try that and see if I can still dream the days I don't smoke.

8. The dreams are because you havent been smoking, your body isn't use to it.

So if you stop all together, your body will get use to being sober and your dreams will be minimal again.

9. Weed does not prevent you from entering REM. I've smoked daily for 2 years and had a few near lucid dreams a few months ago which I haven't done in years.

The key is not mind control.... Maybe like mental discipline. The other hard part is recognizing a dream to initiate it to become lucid. My problem now is I get excited that I'm doing it and then it wakes me up.

Try reading a book on it, I'm sure once you implant it into your subconscious, it will start becoming practice for you. Another tip I've heard long ago is constantly ask yourself during the day "is this a dream?". The habit will follow you in your dreams.

10. I was thinking that this might be the case. Its like how when you first smoke weed you're all like WOAH and then after a year your like cool... I wonder if its the same with dreams. It very well might be because I vaguely remember that before I smoked weed I didn't have many vivid dreams.

11. yes, I've been reading up on lucid dreams lately and have been using those tips. So far I've had 7 lucid dreams out of 8 days. :hello: the problem for me is that when i smoke and when I go to bed I just see black and then I wake up. If I were to have a dream, I'm pretty good at spotting dream signs. I think the problem is the remembering part. Everyone dreams, but not everyone remembers their dreams. I read that keeping a dream journal can help you remember your dreams. I'm going to start tomorrow morning :)

12. There is a rumor based on a few old studies, that it does, but as much as they speculate we hardly know anything about how the mind works while sleeping, when you get down to it.
    I smoke more than most people I know, and I still lucid dream all the time, more than some non-smokers. I have very detailed, intense dreams.. I think almost everyone must enjoy dreaming, I know I do :) What you experienced was likely just due to the change in your chemical intake. It's different for everyone, but for the first few days after I stop smoking, AND after I start up again, I notice my dreams sometimes temporarily intensify or go a little wonky.

After that though, whether I'm smoking or not, they even back out and my 'canna' dreams become no different than my 'regular' dreams. It's just a change in sensation, eating something funny or too caffeinated before bed, (almost anything out of the norm, versus your usual schedule) can do the same thing, then, your body adjusts.

13. Yeah. Damn 7/8? That's sick! Also i read and tried it, If you wake up like 4 hours before you want to and go back to sleep, for some reason that sparks dreams. That's how I got my 2 recents. I drove 30 minutes to work at 4:45 in the morning to find out my car I was driving that day was down and had to drive back 30 minutes. By 5:45, I went back to sleep and it worked.

14. Most of my dreams are lucid and have been most of my life. Weed hasn't had a huge effect on that, though yes I find dreams come more easily and can sometimes be more vivid if I'm not smoking for awhile.

15. I always dream very vividly when i stop smoking as well. Usually this is when i go on vacation lol. if you value learning about your dreams more than getting high then go for it man

16. Vivid dreams are due to the withdrawal from weed. If you stop smoking all together, after you're over the withdrawal symptoms you won't have those crazy vivid dreams anymore.

17. Yeah I smoke everyday and I never can remember any dreams. But then if I do stop for like a few days, I can actually like dream and shit.

18. Can anyone explain what exactly a "lucid" dream is?

19. It is when you know you are dreaming during the dream. Most of the time you can also alter the dream.

20. ive found that smoking does affect my dreams, but in which way i havnt exactly found....i did stop smoking for a couple weeks and i could remember my dreams more clearly, but they were in no way more vivid or lucid.....now i have had some VERY vivid dreams while smoking, even realizing im in the dream while dreaming....cant ever seem to gain control of my dreams though =/ i always smoke before going to sleep, im pretty sure that it helps me achieve a deeper sleep state which may be why i cant remember them as much as when im not smoking....would i quit smoking just to master lucid dreams? probably not because im pretty sure i can lucid dream while still smoking if i try hard enough over time....