Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Tincture?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by YourPerception, Aug 2, 2011.

1. #1 YourPerception, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    I just came across on the web about marijuana tincture. It's a solution of alcohol and marijuana. I smoke very often and haven't ever heard of this. Anyone care to explain and give a recipe, because I definitely want to try this.

I'm sorry if I've been behind on the loop with this, so let's try not to be assholes. :smoke:

Edit: Here's a video I just came across.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woypmHEwpcc[/ame]

2. It's alright. I personally think its a great additive to smoking a tiny bowl because it creates a strong, long lasting high, but by itself I just don't feel the "high" I expect. Thats only my experience though and it was only one dealers tincture :)

3. tastes horrible IMO, but you do get pretty stoned. i'd rather make brownies or something.

4. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woypmHEwpcc[/ame]

Is this an overexaggeration? This guy seems very fond of marijuana tinctures. I'm just really surprised I haven't heard more about this.

5. i was at a festival this weekend and a guy was selling drops of tincture. I didn't bother to stop and check it out though. seems pretty cool

6. This shit has been around for forever and is all over the edibles board.

...it's okay to visit boards other than the apprentice section...even if you are a true apprentice.

7. Uhm, I've made plenty of posts in different sections here. I have smoked for many years, and I have smoked many more years than you have said you have smoked for. According to your one and only thread http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/859419-cannamilk-abv.html, you haven't smoked for long at all. Don't be an asshole dude. And your one posted thread on here is about mixing milk and marijuana, yet you diss on me for asking about tincture. Smoke on my friend, but that is pretty shady how you're acting.

8. Yeah yourperception creep the edibles section they would definitely help you out and ignore the assholes haha they have nothing better to do light a bowl and ignore them :D

9. [Is this an overexaggeration? This guy seems very fond of marijuana tinctures. I'm just really surprised I haven't heard more about this.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say its an exaggeration, however he is clearly promoting tinture 100% and not allowing any room for other ways of smoking. Tincture's are deff worth a try though :)

10. Thank you :).

I'm going to take your advice.

11. I wouldn't say its an exaggeration, however he is clearly promoting tinture 100% and not allowing any room for other ways of smoking. Tincture's are deff worth a try though :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got that feeling when I watched it. Still though, I was hoping to get some comparison of the high compared to smoking, how much weed it takes to do it, how do correctly do it, etc.

12. Google green dragon tincture. A big enough dose is almost psychedelic, esp a sativa tincture. Be careful and start with small doses and work your way up. I've been making tinctures for 2 years with sugar leaves. Tincture can get you seriously stoned.

13. Yeah now that I've looked it up, I've heard marijuana tincture is referred to as green dragon sometimes. Could you give me any of your personal ways of making it and/or experiences? It's THC, I know it will get you stoned. I was hoping for more detail.

14. I use a 1/3 green 2/3 vapeweed mix, in Everclear. Its a great way to use up vapeweed.
    Its quite simple-Everclear to cover, keep in a cool dark place, shake it once a day and let sit for at least six weeks before straining.
    Enjoy!:)

15. Using some vaped weed, good idea! Damn though, it takes at least 6 weeks?

16. You can heat the weed in oven for 5 minutes before adding it to alcohol and it will be ready in less than an hour. Tharedhead is referring to the cold extraction, just as potent but takes a LOT longer before its ready.

17. I appreciate it, I am definitely going to be trying this out.