Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do i have to wait after getting my wisdom teeth pulled?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dr McAwesome, Jul 17, 2011.

1. So, i got my widom teeth taken out wednesday but breaking bad starts tomorrow and what better way to celebrate than smoking a few bowls and watching the season 4 premier with a few friends?

Anyway, is it safe to smoke sunday after i get my wisdom teeth out wednesday?

2. It shouldn't really matter

3. Wouldn't affect your teeth at all lol... Would probably help with the pain ;)

4. It'll probably be safe by then. Just try to take slow hits because too much negative pressure in your mouth can mess with the blood clot and cause a dry socket.

5. You've clearly never had a dry socket.

OP, I wouldn't risk it, I'd wait until your wounds are completely healed, because dry sockets are fucking awful. Maybe you could smoke a small amount, but I would be careful. You could vaporize without fear of getting dry sockets though, if you happen to have a vape.

6. i wanted to be an ahole and be
    " if you had to ask, just do it "

iv had teeth removed, mind you before i smoked.....point is dont risk it till at least 3 weeks, the mouth heals fast but your talking about a hole in your gums where a tooth used to be . any hard sucking can unclog also consider the smoking affecting your wound , if you are going to used a vap go ahead but i say after 3 weeks.

7. I did it 30 mins after i got my surgery

8. if you pack a bowl really losesly you should be ok, getting a dry socket takes about 3-4 weeks to heal, but your wisdom teeth only take about 5-6 days, so if you really want to take the chance, dont pack anything too hard, suck REALLY slowly.

9. I smoked a joint before I left the property of the dental office, and smoked a few more joints on my 2 1/2 hour drive home. and smoked more once I got home. and smoked more the next day and so forth. 

Ultimatly it depends who are. 

10. This thread is from 2011. Lol

11. Smoke through your nose :)

12. I waited a good 40 seconds upon getting home.

You won't get a dry socket  as long as you inhale gently and then RINSE your mouth out with mouthwash immediatly after smoking.

Btw i smoke cigs too and they didnt bother it either