Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Exhale into plastic bag?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EnhancedTheory, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hey guys, just curious.. Can you take a toke, and breath it into a plastic bag(large sandwich bag or whatever) and keep breathing it in and out? Does it work?

2. You can do that, but all you'll get out of it is stale THC depleted smoke.

3. #3 EnhancedTheory, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ah crap. It won't save weed in the long run?

4. You basically want to do respiratory exercises with weed smoke. You can go ahead and do it, but's not gonna get you any higher than if you just hold it in.

5. No point at all.

6. #6 EnhancedTheory, Jul 3, 2011
    All right stupid idea thanks guys.

7. when you exhale, you have already done 95% the thc in the smoke, so theres only 5% left for the next one, so its really just too much work for too little output

8. It might work but, if it does, you would probably barely notice. Not worth the trouble, in my opinion.

9. Youre not gonna get much out of it but Hey man every little bit counts I guess

10. #10 EnhancedTheory, Jul 3, 2011
    This is true.

11. i tried it using a balloon, works alot better.

12. i wouldn't do just because it looks bad people would think im using whip its which is just stupid

13. I have done an experiment regarding this, we determined that it does make a difference.

A friend and I started off 100% Sober, he took a hoot off of the bong, exhaled it into this device we made out of a plastic newspaper bag and a paper towel tube, and I proceeded to take that second-hand toke. We repeated this a few times, and I did get high by only inhaling pre-toked smoke. Now perhaps it was a placebo effect? The world may never know, but when we are low on cannabis we will utilize this device to attempt to stretch the cannabis as far as possible.

14. 95 percent? Geeze, I feel kinda dumb now. The first time I got high I was with my girlfriend and three friends. And my girlfriend convinced me that if she exhaled into my mouth then I'd get more stoned. So the whole time, I'm sitting there smoking a couple joints with my friends, and nearly making out with my girlfriend. It's only awkward now that I think back on it though.

15. not sure bout smoking it afterwards but exhaling into a bag is a great way to conceal smoke smell

16. #16 Verdurous, Jul 3, 2011
    Are there studies to this?

17. It was good thinking but I believe that when smoking you take in all the thc from the smoke the first 3 seconds it's in your lungs

18. As someone just said, all the THC is absorbed after holding it in your lungs for 3 seconds. So you can get high but only if you exhale immediately. I've had my gf exhale into my mouth and vice versa before and we've both gotten plenty high from it, but you can't hold it at all.

However, as for the baggie, it seems like a silly idea, as you're better off just holding it the full 3 seconds.

19. I've thought about experimenting like this:

Take a baloon, breathe in, take a hit into your mouth and blow it out into the baloon a few times...then half-tie the baloon and take it with you when you go out - untie and inhale as needed