Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is white spirit the same as rubbing alcohol?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stoned342, May 8, 2011.

1. Hmm, I cant find any rubbing alcohol where I am, and all I have is a bottle of white spirit. Is this the same sort of thing? (The stuff you clean paint off your hands etc...)

Has anyone used this to clean their pieces with?

2. no it is not. As to whether you can use it on your bong, I wouldn't. Iso evaporates very quickly were as white spirit doesn't at all.

3. Thanks mate, it smells nasty and I didn't really trust it. Thought i'd get an opinion, I just can't find iso in the UK anywhere :(

4. I get mine of amazon, it's 99% volume and cheap.

5. Look on amazon but compare ebay, I found a pint on amazon for £7 with £6 p&p

But then I saw a litre on ebay, for about £3 with about £2 p&p

6. I used to use that when repainting my bike. I'd never use it on a piece.

7. #7 Storm Crow, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    No it isn't, and I wouldn't use it!

I use good vodka to clean my glass! If it's safe enough to drink, it's safe enough to use on my glass! And I know they have vodka even in England! lol

Granny