Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me on my English paper

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Juicy Fruit, Apr 20, 2011.

1. It's been a subject up for debate ever since it was abolished in 1937, should marijuana be legalized? Marijuana must be a terrible “drug” right? I mean it's been illegal for over 70 years! There has to be a good reason for this, it must be more dangerous than alcohol and tobacco combined. About 750,000 people are arrested each year for possession of marijuana; the government can't just make a harmless plant illegal. Can they?

The Controlled Substances Act of 1970 states that “marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug” on the basis that is has "a high potential for abuse." What does this mean? It basically means that people get hooked on marijuana, and become “potheads,” and it begins to dominate their lives. As seen on countless websites, nicotine, along with alcohol, and caffeine are well above marijuana in terms of being addictive. If the government is basing the illegality of marijuana upon its addictiveness, then nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine should also be illegal, right? Marijuana is also known to be a “gateway drug,” leading to hard drugs such as heroin or cocaine. If marijuana is legalized, then people would have no reason to go to a drug dealer, where they would be exposed to such illegal substances. So basing the illegality of marijuana upon the reason of being a “gateway drug,” wouldn't make much sense.

2. This is the beginning of the paper. What else should I add, and should I make any corrections?

3. #3 bmoney8806, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
    i like turtles

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y[/ame]

4. #4 Misc, Apr 20, 2011
    you need qualified sources and stop asking so many redundant questions

the point of an essay is to make a statement

5. It's not suppose to be "pro," just good enough to get an A or B, and if you want to call people fags, then go to YouTube or Xbox Live, Grasscity is a chill friendly environment. :smoke:

6. Yo asshead, GTFO
    Hes asking some questions, and needs some opinions, if youre just gonna be a dickhead about it i think you should get off grasscity.
    ANYWAY
    Watch "The Union: The business behind getting high", "in pot we trust", and Superhigh Me, you can find them...
    Top 11 Marijuana Documentaries (with videos) | I Love Weed

7. #7 apollochristian, Apr 20, 2011
    hey! I just finished writing most of my pro marijuana paper too :D. One guy i used in my paper was Jeffrey Miron, a harvard economics professor. google him + marijuana and you will find a lot of info, or you could also watch this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRMRuS-J-U]YouTube - Jeffrey Miron on CNN discussing Marijuana Legalization[/ame]

edit: you could talk about some research on cancer that I included in my paper also, heres the link
    Marijuana can prevent cancer, not cause it | United States | Cannabis News

Almost finished with my paper, just gotta add an intro...:rolleyes:

8. #8 BleachdAddy, Apr 20, 2011
    Be more to the point and your excessively using questions in your paper.

9. i agree. lay off the questions man.
    maybe 2 in the whole paper....

lol by "pro-drug" he meant like a paper that is arguing good for drugs
    not "pro, drug paper"

10. Try setting it up like this:

First paragraph:
    Hookish thing - maybe a quote about marijuana or a statistic
    Briefly mention the points you'll cover
    make a thesis statement, a bold statement saying marijuana should be legal because of blah blah blah

Body paragraphs: Try to dedicate a whole paragraph to a point, for instance: drug war wasting tax resources, health effects of marijuana compared to alcohol/tobacco, increase in incarcerations since the drug war started, bad political/economic reasons for prohibition in the first place, etc.

Then do a conclusion paragraph where you summarize all your main points and end it by rewording your thesis statement in the first paragraph in a more conclusive manner.

11. I'd watch out, dude. If they run an online scan of your paper for plagiarism, it might show them this site. That can't be a good thing.
    Not sure if your classes do that. Just saying, be careful.

12. I was mad high you sketched me out so I fixed it.

13. [​IMG]

14. don't forget that unless this is a persuasive or opinion essay, you should not include your opinion at all and even if it is a opinion essay, you have to bring up the other sides arguement (even if it isn't a valid one!)

15. Its cool dude, just chill.
    To the OP: You might want to find some articles/statistics/surveys to site. It would give your paper credibility, and it would provide examples that would help convey your thoughts better.