Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Transporting weed on Greyhound - from Vancouver to Toronto?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by vitalic, Apr 18, 2011.

1. #1 vitalic, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    Hello, i'm new to these forums so sorry if this topic has been posted a million times!

I'm taking a greyhound bus from Vancouver to Toronto in about a month, and my buddy in Toronto wants me to bring him half an oz of BC bud, as well as i'll probably be bringing a bit for personal use as well along the long trip. I checked out my bus itinerary and it says i'll be switching onto a new bus in Calgary, but there's obviously going to be a ton of stops throughout the whole trip.

Does anyone know what security is like with Canadian greyhound? My boyfriend took a greyhound from Calgary to Vancouver before and said they did a random bag check on everyone before he got on so he had to get rid of his weed. We've taken greyhound to Whistler several times before and there were never any checks (probably since the bus was empty, the distance is short, and it was early morning). So I don't really have a clear sense of greyhound security since it seems so random.

Does anyone know if bag checks are common? I also heard of sniffer dogs being at greyhound stations. And what would simply be the best/safest way to transport pot with greyhound?

Thanks!!

2. This thread reminds me of the time I was picking up my girl at the station, and her bus was delayed, so I'm sitting there watching this guy get his bag checked by security. The security guy finds his bud in a mason jar and starts hassling the kid, the kid gets all defensive, and basically had to dip since the cops were on the way. AND he got his ticket confiscated. Haha, fail.

I know they will check your carry-on when you board. As for the checked luggage, I wouldn't worry about it. They weigh it, and chuck it on board no questions asked.

3. The only time the Canadian boarder patrol search a grayhound bus is on a random check, or if you guys look suspicious.
    So just act friendly, like the Canadian way!

4. Don't risk it. If you were taking a train/bus in one providence(Canada has providences right? yeah) then it would be fine. But never risk border crossing. Nothing might happen, but why risk it? Besides, you're in Canada. Couldn't you find some bud extremelyyyy easily once you get off?

5. when i catch the greyhound they dont check whats inside of your bag

6. No borders will be crossed, it's just straight across Canada.
    I have no idea what to do, I heard of carry-on luggage being searched, and i've heard of checked-in luggage being searched... it all just seems so random to me. And it seems that US greyhound security seems a bit different than Canadian... I dunno!
    I'm almost considering just stuffing it into my pants or something but it'll look so awkward since i'm a girl, haha

7. #7 Slurms McKenzie, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Boobs FTW!!!!!!

8. Thanks for sharing this information!

9. just shove it up the greyhounds bum. what the police gonna do if the sniffer dog smells the weed? will just look like the snifferdog is a pervy bastard and is smelling your dogs bottom... haha

10. #10 BurnAFewDown, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    Doesn't look like anyone is really telling you what you can do, only what they might do.

Here's what your going to do. Get a jar of creamy peanut butter. Dig out a hole in the middle big enough to put the weed in (make sure the weed is in a small mason jar or something so it doesn't get covered in peanut butter). Then cover the hole. After that get a pot of boiling water. Put the peanut butter jar in the pot. The peanut butter will then basically 'melt' and create a smooth surface on the top again looking new.

If they search you, their not going to open your peanut butter and dig through it. If a bog comes through it should not be able to smell the weed through a jar, peanut butter, and another jar.

Make sure you clean off the mason jar before you put it in the peanut butter too if you wana be extra safe.

11. Ha, I don't know if this guys joking or he actually believe's the OP is trying to smuggle weed by the means of dog :hello:

12. put the mj in food.

Like inside a jar of peanut butter. simply open the pb...shove the bag (make sure its at least double bagged or you could get a jar of pb and weed) inside...close the jar...put it in a shopping back with a loaf of bread and some jelly...wont be sketch in my opinion...better to get even more items so it looks like you went grocery shopping while you were out.

this way if a dog alerts on your food the handler will believe its just a hungry dog...that only applies to if they use drug sniffing dogs...

However if there are no dogs and they just search bags then putting the mj in the jar will be genius as they are not going to open your food to look for mj.

13. put it in a deodorant stick, they wont think twice...unless there's dogs, then....idk.

14. They do not search your bags unless you are crossing a national border. Which you won't so bring it. Just give it a nice place in your bag to hide it. Of course. They definately do not check your carry on that's for certain.

15. I remember my friend came down to visit, and had a dufflebag dedicated to fireworks, booze and weed.

No Problem.