Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking/Eating Weed While Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Casper The Don, Apr 9, 2011.

1. What kind of harm can this cause to the child if any?

2. Ok this is from a reputable university survey

A total of 2,964 babies were drug-tested at birth to see if they were positive for drugs – cocaine, opioids or cannabis were studied. 44% of the infants tested positive for all varieties of drugs, including the 3 being studied. During the first two years of their lives, 44 babies from the original group died. Since statistics are a drag to slog through, I'll cut right to the chase – the deaths per thousand live births – the numbers tell the story.
    “No drugs at birth” deaths……. 15.7 deaths per 1000 live births
    “Cocaine positive” deaths…….17.7 deaths per 1000 live births
    “Opiate positive” deaths…….18.4 deaths per 1000 live births
    “Cannabis positive” deaths…. 8.9 deaths per 1000 live births [5]
    The cocaine and opiate babies have a higher death rate than the “No drugs” babies – that was to be expected. But look at the “cannabis” babies! Having extra cannabinoids in their bodies at birth (and likely later, from 2nd-hand exposure, or breast milk) seems to have some sort of a protective effect. The “cannabis” infants have a mortality rate almost half of what the “No drugs” infants have

and heres a link
    http://stash.norml.org/marijuana-consumption-by-pregnant-women-may-reduce-infant-mortality-more-study-needed

3. that's because the bud babies had the munchies ....

4. i know quite a few girls that have smoked to help with morning sickness (kids turned out fine), but i cant really endorse or condemn the action. i dont know enough about it

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9WorIM0RhA]YouTube - Marijuana Cannabis Use In Pregnancy Dr. Dreher[/ame]

6. i dont think its the greatest idea to smoke when pregnant. id try and switch to mainly edibles, and if u can afford it vaporizer. or at the least dont smoke to harsh, use a bong.

7. Good shit.:smoke:

8. no effects.. but completely not worth it, they find out, you get a cps case.

9. #9 DreamPCs, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Although I'm in love with the first reply, I think this is a valid point. What are the laws on this?

10. Not positive on this, but I think you get drugtested. Don't quote me on this because I'm not sure. :/

11. Depends, unfortunately, on the socio-economic status of the pregnant woman :(. They are more likey to test the child for (anything) is you are on some form of public assistance.

12. It's honestly the choice of the mother. Honestly, smoking anything has adversely bad effects on the body. I wouldn't doubt that smoking marijuana would have downward effects on the child, but as to vaporizing and edibles, they would most likely be fine.

13. Don't smoke to hard here hit this bong...WTF? As for the post about the death rate sounds a bit too good to be true...but eh I have no fucking idea.

14. Smoking pot,being pregnant,Does it cause behavioral,eating and sensitivity issues?I mainly ask because I know a family member,that admitted to me,she smoked pot while she was pregnant,To get rid nausea.Well he seems to have all these issues,he seems to be very smart though,Any thoughts on this.

15. would you get a baby high?

16. Not really any odder than the fact that kids need their formula supplemented with an extract of algae to help their brains develop and support vision.

Pregnant? Omega-3 Essential for Baby's Brain

Who would think kids would need pond scum juice:D to make them smarter?

17. My little sister smoked ganja during her first pregnancy and her son turned out just fine. He was an A student as a matter of fact.

18. Would you let your newborn baby smoke weed or eat weed?

Would you give your two-week old baby weed?

Would you smoke out your six-month old?

Whatever you put into your body, you are putting into your baby's body too.

That's exactly what you're doing.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, good or bad.

I'm just saying that's what you're doing.

19. #19 BuddhistBrian, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hey man there's a typo with the cannabis deaths... I checked the website

20. I looked to see, and I don't find a typo. Here's the bit with those numbers:
    "Within the first 2 years of life, 44 infants died: 26 were drug negative (15.7 deaths per 1000 live births) and 18 were drug positive (13.7 deaths per 1000 live births). The mortality rate among cocaine, opiate, or cannabinoid positive infants were 17.7, 18.4, and 8.9 per 1000 live births, respectively"

That's from here.

Cannabinoid positive infants:8.9 per 1000 live births