Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brotherly advice wanted!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dllenselink, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Hey blades. I have been smoking for a bit over a year now. I have a younger brother (1 year younger), and I really want to tell him I smoke and share this great part of my life with him. The problem is, he is very uneducated about not only the herb but weed culture as well. For example, he will sometimes make comments like, "oh so-and-so is such a stoner" during some of our conversations. Despite his anti weed bias, I have been trying to educate him about the harmlessness and benefits of weed.

Any advice, GC? I dont know how to introduce him to the fact that I smoke and that I want to smoke with him... He might take it really badly; maybe he will look at me in a different (bad) way... I don't know. Maybe someone can help who has been in a similar situation?

Oh, and he has NO idea I smoke, although I drop a hint or two here and there.

Thanks guys and girls! Peace:smoke:

2. I would bring it up casually sometime when he makes one of those comments by saying something like, "not everyone that smokes is necessarily a stoner." His response will probably be "what do you mean?" or something along those lines and that's a perfect way to tell him that you smoke on occasion and it's a recreational activity that's no different than having a couple beers in the evening.

3. Ask him why weed is bad if he brings it up, rebuttal everything he says with facts, feel free to show him a movie like The Union if he's a teenager, that'll teach him the basics and make him not think it's as bad.

4. Have him watch one of the many documentries that are available. I'd suggest The Union which can be found on netflix.

5. Thanks guys! I'll for sure check out that Union movie.

6. Bring it up casually and see if you two can have a mature discussion about it.

7. The Union is a GREAT movie and the PERFECT way to introduce a undereducated person into the world of MJ.

8. If hes a kid, definitely show him the Union.

9. Yep, he is 17 and I am 18.

10. Union all the way man. But nothing beats a conversation with him. So show him the union then ask him what he thought, and go from there.

Best of luck broskie :)

11. I was going to ask how old he was.

If you truly feel like introducing it to him, just casually bring it up. I wouldn't though. I'm definitely waiting for my brother to approach me.

12. i would just keep doing like you do and drop hints and lines that you semi-agree with the people that he calls stoners lifestyle and view on the herb. Try to feel work him into not having this bias opinion but either way it will eventually come to light and he will take it how he pleases. almost everyone is more tolerant of weed now

13. this:
    "hey bro, smoke this with me, its a plant. makes you smile"

lmao, if only life were so simple
    i'd still try it do

14. Yeah, since its a kid, the union might not be a bad way to go.

15. I went through this same situation with my younger brother. I enjoy smoking, and always wanted to smoke with my brother. Then I found out he was already smoking, and It has been great smoking with each other ever since. My brother and I are complete polar opposites. The only thing we have in common is that we enjoy a relaxing buzz once in awhile so, we have started hanging out more and have gotten closer because of weed.

As for your situation, I'd just inject talk about marijuana in everyday conversation with him and judge his responses. Maybe mention that someone you know was caught with weed, or a friend told on somebody about weed. You can probably get a good idea what his views on marijuana use from simple conversation. If he is sympathetic to marijuana users then maybe he smokes. If you think he does, then ask him. Maybe he doesn't but might want to, then smoke him out. If he is hostile towards smoking, then just put your weed aside when around him and just remember that he is your brother and it will be ok.

16. #18 Iowa Fresh, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
    you have to get him curious about what it's like to be high, then he'll be open minded about it.

edit: i remember the first time i smoked with my older bro, it was good times :smoke: maybe talk about the curiosity aspect, after showing him the union or something

17. Yea I wish I could've smoked with my brother cause I knew he did it like all the time. But he went through a list of bad drugs and he's been to rehab and everything and I dont think he approves of it for his younger brother.. I'll probably move out before he does and he's 21.. im 19

18. I caught my older brother smoking when I was in 8th grade. He had me take a hit so I couldn't tell my parents. (Both be positive on home drug test) I just smoked with him regularly after that. Once your little brother tries it, he'll prob like it, that's what happened to my many moons ago