Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief with Concentrate Plate

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ditch Weed, Feb 14, 2011.

1. As the title suggests.

I just bought something similar to this.
    [​IMG]

Don't have any concentrates at the moment, was wondering if I would be able to use kief instead?

2. make kief into hash, then use that to smoke it. look up on youtube how to make kief hash. really simple and quick. its better to use hash on it cuz the kief would just turn all to ashes and smoke up a little. hash is actually compressed so it burns alot slower and produces more smoke. thats why its meant for hash. so theres ur answer lol :smoke:

3. How much kief do you have, if enough you could qwiso just the kief with a small amount of iso, and let it evaporate, it will end up nice n goopy (it should alteast hehehe) and bam, you have your hash oil

4. Not much. My sharpstone grinder is full.

5. No you can't use kief doesn't work well IMO, i'd only use it for stuff that will melt to like nothing quickly

6. haha mines only like 1/3 full right now :devious:

Thats not a bad amount of kief man. You could just mix it up with some ISO alcohol, you wouldnt even really need to strain it through a coffee filter (yea it has plant material in it, but SO little its not worth it). Do this in a glass bowl with a flat shallow bottom, or a small ass baking dish made of pyrex.... cause it would all spread out a lot in a large dish and get harder to remove.... but yea...just whip it up with some iso, let all the iso evaporate, for a while... (only down side) then you could use it lol, ive never tried pressed kief on a skillet.... i dunno how it would work, but you could just press it and be our test dummy hehehehehe :D

7. Yeah, I didn't really want to make ISO because of the lack of well.. ISO. Haha

8. Hahahhaha well yea, that does create a HUGE issue in that theory..... you could use a heat press technique to press it into a malleable hash and try it that way, but like someone said i dunno what is gonna happen if it all doesnt burn off, may taste funky, but it will still get you super fuckin high

9. Pressed kief will not work well with the swing, it needs to be able to melt really fast pressed hash won't, you'll have like a bunch of nasty residue and it won't smoke well

10. You could do some hotknives under the bell tho, that always works if you dont want to taint the swing hahahaahahhahahahahaahahahaha

11. Yeah, It is starting to look like I am going to be doing that haha. Maybe I'll just pick up some budder and be done with it.

EDIT:I don't suppose 70% ISO will work? (Found some under my medicine cabinet)

12. 70% would work, but it will take longer to evaporate. If you wanna make it burn the best on the swing your gonna wanna use a coffee filter and run it through that after mixing it up to make sure any plant material is removed.... but then you will also have super dank oil.... so... its a win/win but its gonna take a while hahahaha

13. yes it will, but it might take about a 3rd longer to evaporate than 90 proof

14. unless ditch has a very low temp heating source hehe

15. Yeah, Guess I'll just have to wait a bit to try out my new toy. :(

-Thanks for the replies everyone.

16. I just emptied mine out of desperation a few nights ago....

Time to start saving! lol If i were to ISO my grinder.... I'd get like .5g That this is so sticky it doesnt even need the magnet!

17. Make the kief and whatever bud (if you have any) you have into BHO,

18. lol ive never cleaned my grinder in 3 years and ive never had an issue with it. Some day it will get cleaned here tho, just cause i want to, not because its necessary hahahaha

19. Well this is a new development for me. I haven't cleaned my grinder in at least a year. I guess I didn't realize that was something that people did. What's the process?

20. How is the screen not clogged :eek: