Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guys, would it bother you...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ahbly, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Lol dude I am sure they know to inhale.
    Just take HUGE tokes

2. I would just be honest and tell him that you need another bowl. just tell him to enjoy his high and let you catch up.

3. I wish my wife had my tolerance. She has more than many people do but I can outsmoke her every time. Then again we don't compete over it; it's just sometimes when she's quit I want someone to smoke with me :)

4. Even when I had a low tolerance, I never minded smoking more than what was necessary.

I mean sure, I'd get absolutely retarded, but by the end of it, EVERYBODY was retarded. :D

I never really had a problem with getting "too high", though.. so maybe this wouldn't be a solution to your boyfriend's problem. :eek:

5. I take it that you wear the pants in this relationship?

6. I don't think it would be a problem to tell him you were gonna smoke another bowl. He's your bf, just talk to him about it. Tolerance isn't a scandalous topic, so telling him you need to smoke more to be on his level is absolutely fine. If I were him, I would appreciate someone wanting to be on my level. Keep on tokin' :smoke:

7. I took like a 6 month t-break last year and when i started smoking again it was with my "girlfriend" at the time in israel(long story).
    Not only was my tolerance shit but she could rip the bong like a champ AND had the connections for bud and hash (hard to find in Israel)..I thought it was hot as hell that after i was baked i could relax and watch her blaze through a bowl like it was nothing.
    Then my tolerance went back up and we never had enough bud anymore.

8. What I think you should do, is after you've smoked your normal amount, and you're not quite feeling stoned yet--tell him that you're not that high yet, and load another bowl. If he has reached his limits, he just won't hit it. If he wants to smoke more, he will hit it.

You don't necessarily have to say "are you smoking or not?" just see if he does.

hope this helped... and this has NEVER been a problem with me and my girl;)

stay high, peace.

9. Well your tolerance goes to 0 after 30 days so that of course would happen

10. I think that's a bit of a shallow way to look at it...partnerships can be on level ground when one person earns more, it's just a matter of how productive either party is both in and out of work...sure, if there's zero jobs on one side for ages then it's a little unfair, but beyond that I wouldn't say anyone's wearing the pants necessarily?
    That and it certainly isn't because someone obtains more/better weed, I mean I can only go on myself there because that IS my situation (we buy together but I have the contacts etc) and I would certainly never use it to any advantage over my chick.

Agreed, although some people do feel the necessity to "keep up", even if it's ill advised, as she said sometimes if he has more he'll just end up going to sleep which kind of effects their time together in a negative way...if this was the case on the ongoing I do think something should be said on account of honesty and all, if it's a legitimate concern though and the person is coming from a place where they simply want to be high with someone, and not the comparative loneliness of being there while someone's asleep, I think for me it would seem to be a pretty positive and productive conversation.

OP as I said though as long as your tolerance isn't ever-growing (which is more a concern for you personally) then really it should be cool. If he has a negative reaction to what you say, then make sure you tell him again when he's not wasted.