Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ISO Grinder Wash Hash Oil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DMX, Sep 16, 2010.

1. #1 DMX, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
    I am planning on washing my grinder and using the qwiso method to create hash oil. But I have a few questions.

My plan is this. Pour about a half a cup or less into a ziplock bag. Wash each piece of the grinder individually in the same bag using the same liquid. (not changing the iso in the bag). I will wash each piece for about 30 seconds each. When Im done, I will just pour the liquid onto a glass dish. Let it sit overnight or until I see yellow oil.

Will this method work? I dont plan on using a coffe filter since I am not rinsing weed. There should be no chunks of anything. I have a little keif saved from grinding about 2 grams of very dankity weed. I dont plan on having much of a hash yeild from this, just experimenting. But hopefully I will be able to have 1 or 2 hits atleast.

Also how long will it take for the mix to evaporate? Can I speed up the process at all with heat? Thanks all opinons are apreciated.
    ********************************* UPDATE!!

It all worked great. I got a good amount of hash out of it and im very happy.

Grinder piece in bag. I soaked and swished each piece around for about a minute or under.
    [​IMG]

The finish product. About the size of the end of a push pin.. (as seen in picture)
    [​IMG]

I did this as an experiment in making qwiso hash and to wash my grinder out. MY grinder is sparkiling clean... and I got a good amount of hash out of it. I didnt think it would produce any. All that was in the grinder was a little bit of keif, just enough to top a bowl. I suggest doing this to your grinder and see how much hash you can make.

2. i might even use less alcohol but it should work

3. I will be doing this tonight will post pics if i can of the process.

4. #4 Cloud9Oil_T.A/ES, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
    make sure the plate you use is heat resistant, then boil a pot of water about halfway full id say then remove it from the heat and set your plate ontop of it like a lid.
    now sit and watch your alcohol bubble away as your left with nothing but some sexyy shit
    get a razor when its all evaporated and start scraping the plate

enjoyyy!

5. Is this worth doing? Should I smoke the keif thats in there or just go ahed and mix it up in the iso mix. Im thinking if it doesnt work, ill be mad i wasted the keif.

6. Pics of the process will be up shortly. Just waiting for this stuff to evaporate and hopefully leave me with some nice sticky stuff. Will have pics of the hash tommorow if it all works.

7. haha ight,i was thinking about doing the same shit with my grinder too:D :p:D Hope it works out!:hello:

8. If you pour alcohol into the glass and then let it go on the plate it will evaporate leaving a powdery kief that you'd scrape up.

9. edit:

I am seeing progress with the blow dryer method its almost fully evaporated.

10. thanks for the rep. I jsut wish more people would see this thread because its a really great way to get hash and clean your grinder.

11. Bump...:wave:

12. Did it get you really high? Did u take a picture of it when it was fully dried? was it a sticky ball of gunk,or what?i wanna know :D

edit,i scrolled up and saw the picture XD!!!

13. Got me pretty high. More than what I expected. The high from that was like the high I get from maybe .3 of weed which is what i usually smoke to get high. It was a sticky ball of gunk lol but a little piece would rip like hell. I put maybe 0.25 in the gravity bong and it fillied it up.

14. haha,awesome,i'm going to do this after my next pick up has been all grinded up and smoked up :D

15. Definately man your going to be very happy if you do it.

16. Typically I'd save the kief, and use that to sprinkle on a bowl, or if I have enough, pack it, and then use for a bowl by itself in my bong or whatnot. After I cleaned it out of the kief, I knwo there's still leftover, inside the grinder. I have a 4 piece, titanium space case, size small. Gets mad amount of kief. Id do same thing, iso was hit, and then let it sit out and dry out. Then use that for oil and whatnot.

If you want true hash/weed/honey oil.. don't use the leftovers, get bud, and use it straight. Heres a link to a great thread that's ALL about how to make your own qwiso: http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesti...uides-homemade-hash-step-step-pictorials.html

17. This is called kwiso...been done before and a tutorial on it is posted somewhere here also.

18. ^^^ ... its Qwiso, and I posted the link in the post before this so all of you can take a look. It's a really great tutorial.