Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't focus on anything while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thesutton7, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I've been smoking for about a year and a half now, and whenever I smoke I get really stupid and space out about everything. I know that this happens to a lot of people, but it's to the point where I am absolutely TERRIBLE at video games and I can't follow the plot of even the simplest movies because I'm always spacing out on minor details. It's not just when I smoke a lot too, it's every time. It isn't really that bad of a thing, but I wish that I could be one of those guys who kicks ass at Halo while high, or at least be able to watch some Beavis and Butthead and get what is going on. Does this happen to anyone and/or does anyone know something to help it?

2. smoke sativas...

3. You control your own mind, dude, just think what you want to think, be strong with your brain say brain i'm gonna pwn the shit outta my friends in halo and you can't stop me

4. Yea I can control my thoughts but I would agree; I absolutely suck at video games when I'm high. Once I played WoW when I was high though and I was wrecking shit

5. I watched my brother and his friend play FIFA 2010 while high and they both talk a whole lot of trash but ended up playing a 0-0 game because they literally would both run out of bounds every time.

6. I rape at halo, i boost and all that shit, but when im high im horrible.. but it could be that you cant concentrate even when your not high but it gets worse when you are..

7. I used to be this way. But then I found out I had concentration and focus issues while sober and dealt with those. Now when I smoke, I don't have a hard time focusing because I don't have trouble with it when I'm not high.

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I'm high and can't concentrate.

^^Just kidding.

8. Try a vaporizer!!!!

Seriously, in college I got sick of not being able to get any nice sativas for cheap that I could smoke throughout the day, so instead, I bought a vape and it is perfect.

vaping+gaming=pwnage

OP, also remember that when you are high, it tends to exaggerate certain things. Perhaps you are having focusing problems in your sober life?

9. i know what you mean about the movie part. but not video games. i reck kids in mw2 when im high. i can see every little movement across the map.

10. I think the answer is obvious. Dont smoke when you are planning to do things

11. Im the same! I cant even watch movies or anything, my concentration and focus is out of the window :mad:

12. You're probably a newbie toker. I used to be like that back in high school when I would smoke. It's all in your mind man

13. Can't focus on anything while sober, actually. ADD is a bitch.

14. I have this issue with fast paced video games. I can play something like Legend of Zelda fine while I'm high because it's more puzzle solving and simple combat, but I can't play something like an intense first person shooter like Halo anywhere as good as I can sober. My reflexes and precision are kinda off, and I just can't get "into the zone".

Don't have any issues with movies though. Although I know the feeling where you hear something or get an idea in your head and then you go off and ponder some minor detail about the movie and then snap to and realize that you've missed the last 5 minutes stuck on something unimportant