Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

IS this HomeMade Bong safe??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Relax2181, May 4, 2010.

1. im broke and can't afford a bong. i made a bong out of a plastic sobe bottle. a hard plastic downstem. and a socket bowl. i have smoked out of it twice.... and it does not look like it melted. do you think this is safe? as long the flame is not touch the plastic?
    Thanks-

2. Plastic bongs are barely acceptable in my book. If they have a plastic bowl, skip it and you'll thank yourself. Don't even think about scraping resin from plastic either. *Gack!* Highly toxic even in small amounts.

3. A plastic downstem is a huge no-no.

4. Use a rubber stem and it would be a lot safer. Some metals are okay too.

If you live near a headshop, you can buy stem & cone pieces for really cheap.

5. Don't use a plastic downstem. I can assure you, it WILL get hot enough to release vapours.

6. #6 the talan, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
    when I was 15 i made a bong out of a juice bottle with a downstem taken from a pen and a foil bowl i remember it tasted terrible doesnt a plastic bowl just taste really bad? Ive always had a if it tastes bad its prolly not healthy when it comes to smoking i have a pic of it some where. I used apple pipes until I got my hands on a real piece but its not a bong .......

7. yep, no plastic and fire yo.

8. I doubt your going to burn less than $15 of bud through whatever piece you have so just buy something even if it is cheep. There are plenty of pieces on here for like $10 and even with shipping thats really nothing. If you say you cant afford it then just dont smoke for like 1 day or week or whatever and spend that money on a piece. It will be worth it, trust me.

9. Take this man's advice. I made a plastic downstem with a FOIL bowl that went INTO the downstem...huge mistake. Extremely melted I just looked at it the other day....wow I must have damaged myself alot that night.

10. G bottles anyone? >.<

11. just make a fucking gravity bong

12. thread/
    edit once u hit it and u taste that plastic ull regret it. taste horrible and i couldnt stop thinking that i just coated my lungs in plastic, nvr again.