Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is Cannabis diuretic to you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LaCurandera, Apr 21, 2010.

1. This is something that came to me through experience.
    I've been observing this certain quirk of mine, that only occurs when I smoke up.

It's almost obvious that Cannabis is somehow diuretic to me. Much like caffeine.
    In other words: I need to take a piss about every 10 minutes when I'm baked.

Any similar effects? Any explanations?

2. well for me, i dont piss too many times, but everytime i piss when im high, i always piss for a hella long time

3. It does act as an anti-inflammatory. I normally swell, but if I use mmj I don't. It could be that you're getting rid of retained water.

4. Makes sense, since the colour is always very dark after I've smoked up.

5. I don't notice it acting as a diuretic to me personally, but I'd think that it could be due to being more sensitive to having anything in your bladder when you're high, I know I'm more sensitive to certain things when I'm high and if I always noticed I felt like I had to piss just a bit when I was high I'd go all the time.

6. I get the same way as op. It seems like no matter how little I may have drunk up to that point as soon as I get high I have to piss

7. So it's apparently a common bodily reaction to cannabinoids.

8. massivly - ive been smoking for approx 15 yrs but these days as soon as i light up i need to pee. then its non stop all evening - like every ten mins! its getting to the point where i feel i cant be bothered smoking herbs any more which is not really what i want to do. ive ordered a iolite so lets see if that helps??

9. Thats so weird, I was thinking about making this very post today.

Me, my girlfreind and our friends always go for blunt drives and they always end up horrible for me because i have to piss uncontrollably.

10. I always have to pee after I smoke, even if I already did before. Im glad Im not the only one.

11. its annoying aint it!
    im hopeing i can find a solution to the problem

12. well for me

If i need to take a big shit, but i smoke before i shit. The shit goes away and i dont need to go anymore. Takes the pain and everything away. And instead of shitting i get hungry again. But once that high starts to go down, i need to shit again.

IDK, i think its just me :confused:

13. i have a hard time pissing when im high?

14. And whats worse, I finally pee and think "Thank god, now I can just enjoy my high, And then 10 minutes later I have to pee again.

15. yea same here!
    im gonna find a solution or start wearing nappies lol

16. I always have to pee anyways....but I don't really notice a difference when I smoke.

17. royksopp

one of my fave bands to listen to when mellow!

18. #18 p_snickers, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    cannabis has no effect on your body's secretion and uptake of the Anti-diuretic hormone so no, you shouldn't be getting any diuretic effects.

maybe you like drinking fluids?

personally, smoking cigs or weed often produces a laxative effect in me....gotta finish the bowl on the crapper. it's like one second feeling fine, take a puff, then BAM
    [​IMG]
    but from the other end

19. thats strange, ive just been reading a report that says the exactly the opposite to your comment, i get it more with sativas than indicas though. its not that i drink a lot either, nothing more than usual anyway mate.
    i know a few people who say the same re laxative effect from cigs though so your not the only one thats for sure.

thanks

20. Word, I think it's either your mouth being dry leading to more water being consumed, or it's all in your head.

Source: A huge jar of experience.