Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dose any one else get lower back pain after smokeing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JokerObama, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Every time I smoke weed i get a lower back pain. Iv seen 2 other people talk about this online, but not in a pot forum. One of those people described it as a spasum. When it was really bad it did fell like a spasum but know that it dose not hurt so much, just fells uncomfortable, I dont think its a spasum. I stoped smokeing for a bit, and I still get the pain when i smoke. So any one have any advice on how to cure this? Please dont say pain killers. I dont want to have to take pain killers every time i smoke. I am active so i know its not cause im slouching.

2. Are you smoking blunts by any chance?

3. Never happened to me. Your lungs can extend pretty far down your back, they could be hurting from the smoke.

Try smoking out of different pieces or taking smaller hits?

4. its actually the opposite for me..when i smoke my back pains go away

• Like Like x 1
  5. i get lower back pain but thats from weight lifting. Smoking cures this haha

do you workout? Could be DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) or could jus Be LBP which is the most common problem in men =)

6. Have you tried applying heat? Thermacare wraps, heating pad?

7. I sometimes get the same problem. I just ride it out, find theres not much i can do when it happens. I also find it happens when I'm smoking indica dominant strains, so you might wanna try a sativa dominant strain and see if that helps

8. i get this when i smoke shitty weed but not with dank bud

9. yes!! i try and talk to every one about this and no one ever gets lower back pain except me!

when you get stoned do you stand up and walk around or do you sit?
    i am usually standing up and thats when i start to feel super stiff.
    but dont worry, i found a cure! dancing to led zeppelin! it really makes the back feel better and more loose
    :hello:

10. Oddly enough, once in a while my pains seem to radiate more after I smoke. I need to be completely comfortable to enjoy the high or else I'll be annoyed. The best advice I can give is to find a position to relax your back muscles and try to make it the last thing on your mind.

Peace.

11. If you get back pains from working out, that means your form isn't correct. Work on your form, because smoking will help temporarily; however, as you get older it will take its toll on you.

I only get those pains if I'm walking for a long time, sitting down relieves that.

12. I don't get this from weed, I get it from tobacco though, which apparently can cause lower back pain. Is there a family history of back pain? Do you have a sway back?

13. I have a herniated L4/L5 disc that causes extreme pain at times. I can normally counteract the pain with pelvis positioning and specific muscle contractions while I walk. When I smoke and then walk I find that I can no longer control my pelvis or lower back muscles in the same way. It's almost like I forget how to walk. So after only a short time walking I can almost feel the disc grinding because I'm not self-adjusting. This is where my lower back pain comes from, not the same thing as you but I can definately relate o back pain while high. Won't stop me though, I just sit down or take a pain killer.

14. It was like 4 years ago now i destroyed my lower back lol a friend recommended speed as a supplment, and as i was young a naive i did. Ended up nearly tearing my back to shreds cos i went over the top. Now im older and more eductaed haha

Now my backs paying for it lol but i would say my forms top notch haha ill be a qualified fitness instructor in 2 years as well =)

good to see people hekping out to.

15. I too experience extreme lower back pain when smoking or vaporizing marijuana. I have been smoking daily and many times everyday for over 20 years. I have a theory to why this is happening........One thing i know for sure is that when i smoke outdoor bud i have great highs and feel good get the munchies but most of all it takes all my pain away. Thats why i have smoked for so many years. I have been smoking indoor hydro bud for the last few years and this is when all my lower back pain has started. As a grower myself i know that there is nothing natural about indoor growing eg(artificial lights, chemical nutrients, tons of bug problems, insecticide sprays, mold, powdery mildew and fungus) and these are the things causing your pain im positive of this. No one uses organic nutrients in hydro systems because they are too expensive and the yeild is way less than chemical nutrients. So the high might be intense but its the chemicals that are causing muscle and nerve pain. So my advise if you want to keep smoking and feel good you need to find some outdoor, or grow your own indoors using soil and natural organic fertilizers so you know you are not putting all these chemicals in your body. If you do grow hydro you must learn how to flush, dry and cure your buds properly, thats another thing commercial growers like to cut corners to make profits and you feel the pain for it. Knowledge is power.

16. Hi I have also experienced those lower back pains after smoking grass. Did you manage to get help, if yes please help.

17. Oh yay another six-year-old thread resurrected :mellow:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I wonder if his back still hurts

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have been to the doctor and my kidneys and lungs are alright, i only get this feeling after smoking weed. What can it be cured?

20. The OP was a tard that didn't know how to spell smoking smh

• Like Like x 1