Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At Home Drug Tests

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bertbackerat, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Hi everybody, I wanted to first that everyone on this forum for some extremely helpful information they have provided me before my upcoming preemployment drug test.

I just wanted to know how reliable some at home drug tests are? I bought one from Rite-Aid, made by a company called Phamatech that are apprently FDA approved.

I took the test and got a visible line showing. If the line is showing, should I be good to go for my upcoming test? Should I even bother with diluting? I just dont want to have my test results vary so much that a positive test might show when it matters.

I guess I'm just looking for some peace at mind and hopefully I will be all good...

Anyones help is greatly appreciated...thank you again!

2. So you tested negative? They are pretty accurate just easier to fool by diluting and such. If you passed the at home test I wouldn't worry too much.

3. Depends on what brand it was/how much it costs. Cheaper at-home tests usually aren't as accurate as ones that cost more. You get what you pay for, lol.

4. It was like 16 bucks.

[​IMG]

I'll probably have a couple bottles of water the day of the test just so my urine is a little bit diluted just to help me out for the most part. But I'm hoping that I'm all set as it is.

I suppose I'm mostly just confused about how they check the test that I'll take. Like does a line showing basically mean that I'll pass the test?

5. $16 would probably be decently accurate, some place don't spend a whole lot of money on tests. I've heard that the mouth-swab tests are a whole lot less accurate than urine ones, do you know which type the place uses?

Also, when're you scheduled to take the test?

6. It's a urine test, and it will probably be on thursday or friday.

7. Alright, urine tests are almost ALWAYS more accurate than swab tests. When's the last time you've smoked?

8. I smoked thursday (3/11), about 3 or 4 hits, and the time before that was about 3 1/2 weeks.

9. That's kind of a hard call to make. My best suggestion would be to keep drinking water, exercise A LOT, and if you can, get your hands on some detox pills from a health food store.

10. The test is accurate...suprisingly. You should be good to go my friend

11. Why do you say surprisingly?

And All of this detox talk isnt really necessary in my case, is it?

12. do NOT exercise in the days leading up to the test, and detox drinks/pills definitely do not work. jesus im tired of all this misinformation.. you are fucking with peoples lives by saying shit that aint true.. so if you dont know what your talking about dont fuckin type it.

13. Yeah this is true. Home tests are actually about 99% accurate. They do have their flaws though.

This. So true. ^^

OP: Check the link in my signature.

14. Wow, thank you so much. I have taken a total of 2 drug tests, the first one i took about 2 days after i smoked and it came up as an extremeeely faint line, like you couldnt see it if you were 5 feet away. Then the 2nd one I took is the one from the pictures. I plan on taking 1 more the day before my test just to put my mind to rest again.

Overall it seems like I will be okay with just drinking alot of water for the next day or so and I'll be okay. Should I have a glass of water or two before the test just to dilute it a little bit? or should i have nothing to worry about?

15. Any advice from what I last said?

16. how did it go?