Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheNicka, Mar 12, 2010.

1. hey, i had mold on one bud in my whole stash, but the rest looks okay. I threw out the nasty moldy bud. is it okay to smoke the rest of my stuff? i dont see any more but could some like invisible mold residue still be on anything else? i wanna smoke but i dont want to get sick:(
    what do you guys think?

2. Should be ok as long as the nug you chucked out wasn't a fluff ball of mold.

I would let the rest of your stash dry out some more. There is obviously a moisture problem somewhere.

3. I'm no expert, but the mold could've spread spores to the rest of your weed. do what mat369 said and let it dry out for a while and see if more mold pops up.

4. well i put the rest of it in a little box thing and put it on my desk. i saw it earlier today and separated it. if there is some mold on it will it show up by tomorrow?

5. Who knows man. I'm not sure what speed mold spores develop. Give it some air tho and be sure to let it dry completely.

If you want to get real fussy(like me) Get a good camera and put it on macro setting and take a shot. It should expose any mold which isn't visible to the eye.

I noticed i had some mold on one of my buds a few weeks back by taking a photo. I dried the rest and chucked the nug with mold on it. All is fine now.

Here is the picture of the infected bud.

[​IMG]

6. You should really search before just posting, there's already 1,000,000,000 moldy weed threads on GC.

Don't smoke it, it bad for your lungs. Toss it.

7. He's talking about contamination. He threw out the moldy bud, which was the correct thing to do. But if the rest of the stash is fine there is no reason to throw it all away. Especially if it's a substantial amount.

8. I'm thinking they should change the banner from 'the best counter-culture community' to 'grasscity.com
    NO, SMOKING WEED WITH MOLD ON IT IS NOT SMART'

9. I wouldn't risk it. Obviously the dealer wasn't taking good care of his shit in the first place to let some get moldy -- why risk it and smoke the rest? I'd dump the entire bag and just move on

10. Well i guess my argument would be that i had a mix of different strains from different people all in one jar. It was in there no more than a day when i discovered the*slight* mold development on one of the buds. Which is why i chucked it and dried it all out to be sure.

Now it's dried correctly and curring nicely. No sign of mold on any other buds and it's weeks later. No way i'm throwing it out.

11. ughh what to do...definitely don't want to get sick because my college courses aree done tomorrow then spring break..i do not have a camera to take any pictures...well if there are any mold spores that are on my separated(clean) jar, will they show up in a couple days? thanks for the help so far:smoke:

12. mold spores travel relatively fast. you should know within 2-3 days. If there is nothing there by the third day, i would say its good to smoke. good luck man, sorry to hear you have moldy buds...thats no good for anyone