Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What would you do in this situation...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ashadeofgreen, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Tonight, me and 4 other people were packing a bowl in the parking lot of another friend's parking lot. We chose this place because of the dark location and how it was far back from the road. We had smoked here the night before without any issue, but we were in a different car this time around so we thought we were soild.
    Turns out, the friend who lives in the apartment complex of the parking lot we were in was actually being busted by the police for dealing the EXACT MOMENT WE ROLLED UP. So the cops saw us drive to a dark part of the parking lot and chill for a second. A cop walked up with a flash light and asked us what we were doing in the parking lot, I said we were waiting for a friend, Kyle. I mentioned nothing about drugs.
    That was when the told us there was a search warrant on the premises and there was a drug bust in process for the person's apartment that I had just mentioned. I had NO idea this was going on, I had NO idea they even dealt anymore... That part was just a terrible coincidence. The police asked if I had ever bought from them before (I hadn't, not from that apartment anyways). THey asked us if anyone had pot and three of us said we did.. All I had was 2 g on me and my pipe. They confiscated everything.
    They then asked the three of us that had pot on us to step out of the car where they explained to us what was going to happen: We would get tickets and court dates. It was at this point that the lady cop pulled me aside and told me that if I give her the name and house of someone who sells, I would get my charges dropped...
    That's where this gets tricky. I'm in my second semester of my freshman year of college and it's funded entirely by my parents. If I don't get the charges dropped, they will find out and subsequentially take me out of school and make me pay for it. I do not have a job at all as of now, as school is my only "job"... So despite "snitching", "karma" and "being a shitty person", I have to look out for myself. I would never rat out my friends obviously, but I do have options.

So I'm asking you please, look at this from your perspective... What would you do? I'm a 19 year old girl, cooperated VERY well with the cops, and have never had any other charges against me. This was my first police encounter ever.

2. As much as I hate this phrase, I believe it applies. You do the crime, you do the time. Someone else shouldn't take the fall for your irresponsibility. That's it.

3. Im confused, why in the hell would you say you had weed? Thats like drivin up to the station and giving them your stash! and personally i wouldnt snitch out on some one, just not my way of doing things.;)

4. Thats where you fucked up. you cooperated. you dont get a lesser charge if you cooperate or dont. IF i say i have no weed and they find some, i get a possession charge. if i walk into a police station and give them my pot, i get a possession charge.

As far as snitching goes, they are playing your ass. they wont.

Take some responsibility for Christ sake, it was YOUR weed. YOU bought it. YOU take the blame. Don't nark.it wont get you anywhere besides an escalating shit pile. trust me.

Good-luck.

5. You took the risk, you did something that was illegal so take the resposibllity, its your fualt you got caught. Do not send the cops to someone else, it wrong to do so.

A ticket wont be as bad as you think it is. If you talk to your parents about it they might understand, and give you a break. They know people make mistakes, so try that.

You handeled that situation terribly, you were doing nothing wrong. I dont understand why you addmited to anything, you should not have.

Also working your way through college is'nt that bad. Alot of people do it so can you.

6. I don't really know what to say that hasn't been said already. I would personally like to know why yall admitted in the first place about having weed on you. I'm not going to go into it because it's already done but know to handle it better next time. Most of the time cops will try and scare you into admitting something, it's a part of their job. As long as you arn't in the wrong they have no reason to search you, and driving up in a parking lot waiting for a friend isn't a reason to search.

Now about your parents I'm confused as to how they would find out. There are ways to keep your business YOUR business and not let it be known to people. Take the wrap and do what you have to do, it's a simple misdemeanor ticket. Don't snitch on other people to cover your own ass, as logical as you think it is. Put yourself in somebody else's shoes and think about getting busted because THEY fucked up. I say pay your fine and move on with your life, no big deal. Charge it to the game.

7. I was just trying to figure out what to do..
    We didn't admit to having weed until the cops said they were searching my friend's apartment at that same moment and had a search warrant for area. I was not even 20 feet from the building. It was inevitable they would have found the weed, we all had a pretty large amount on us combined. Since there was already a very intensive bust of someone I had JUST admitted to knowing not even 100 feet away from where we happened to be, I was NOT about to create a problem.

I guess I just have a lot to consider.

8. how bout next time you dont say shit to the cops. at that moment you had not violated one damn law, even if you admitted to knowing the person being searched.... they still cant decide to search you and everyone else in the car based soley off of that. Your car is a seperate entity from this dudes apartment or what not. To be honest you should have found a less sketch spot to park in the first place. Apartment complex parking lots are not even close to ideal. Please dont snitch. YOU admitted to having the weed in the first place, that was a big girl move. Now you have to continue being a big girl and face the charges that come with it. It sucks but its just life. You never get anywhere by taking the easy way out. Least thats just my 2 cents

9. Well first of all not snitching is the best thing you could do. However if someone ever screewed you royally and ripped you off during a deal in the past it might be worth it, especially if they straight up robbed you

10. I doubt your parents would take you out of school. I would never snitch, but thats not the thing. You need to have a lawyer make that deal. Cops lie all the time, as far as I am aware only the DA can make deals like that and that it has to be done when you have council. Also never ever give up the weed, they lie about going easier on you, they have no control of that.

11. I'm truly sorry to hear about your problem, and while I agree that you didn't handle the situation exactly well, I'm not about to judge your situation like I know it completely.

In the future, though, if you decide to continue smoking (which might not be a terrible thing to reconsider at this point in your life) be aware that you have rights. Know what they are, where they apply, and be prepared to use them.

And "snitching" never helps. regardless of what the police tell you. realize that you've now spread your problem into another persons life, who wasn't doing anything wrong more than you. If you haven't already given the seller whose name you gave a heads-up about what you did, it might be a good idea to do so. If you're worried about repercussions from them, find a way to do it anonomously.

I sincerely hope your situation rights itself and you can move on with your schooling, that's most important right now, not pot.

12. take the charges, your obv over 18 and the cops cant tell your parents your rents wont find out. Next time i know the dark spots in parking lots are the safest, but cops have brains and they know to check dark spots. IMO dont smoke in the cars, if anything park your car and walk some where dark.

13. Wow, I can't even believe you are on the fence about this. You say you've never been in trouble with the law, and you had a pipe and 2g of herb on you. You're in North Carolina, so that amounts to a misdemeanor, which will almost certainly result in no jail time and max a $200 fine. Unless your folks read the paper in the town you go to college, they will most likely never know.

Now lets look at the possible penalties if you were to turn in a dealer. They would be facing a felony charge, up to a year incarceration and a $5,000 fine. I'd be pretty pissed if I were the dealer you're thinking of turning in, that you would sell someone out for what amounts to little more than a parking ticket. Why on earth would you do this to someone, who probably trusted you and helped you out before? I'm just stunned.

You made the choice to smoke in cars and parking lots, you gave up all of your rights, you are responsible. Own up and do the right thing, this isn't like you're facing 10 years in prison, it's a damn fine.

14. QFT

it's just a fine. you should have dealt with the cops in a better fashion. if you're over 18, your parents won't find out about some misdemeanor like this unless you tell them. honestly, snitching is probably not going to lessen your small charges and in the long run just cause more problems. i wouldn't want to be on the bad side of a dealer. you don't want to know what some of the dudes are capable of or who they know.

15. Thank you for your opinions, they really helped a lot.. I never gave any names, just considered snitching as an option. I'm not looking to get the charges dropped because they're inconvenient, just because I know the hell that will ensue due to my parents wrath.
    I was also not aware that the misdemeanor could be kept from my parents.. Call me niaeve, but I guess I should have researched more. Good thing I put this in the apprentice tokers section!

How would I have handled the situation if I didn't give them the bud? Please help!

16. [​IMG]

"Pretty large amount" being what, a few grams each? In North Carolina, as others have said, possession of under a half ounce is a misdemeanor punishable by a MAXIMUM of 30 days in jail (which is almost always suspended for first offenders) and/or a $200 fine.

Your dealer, on the other hand, would likely face charges for cultivation, sale (both felonies), and probably a bunch of miscellaneous paraphernalia (misdemeanor), resulting in serious jail time, ridiculous fines and not to mention lawyer expenses.

17. http://forum.grasscity.com/apprenti...ide-dealing-police-no-snitching-involved.html

18. you fucked up in this situation, DENY, DENY, DENY
    you NEVER say shit to a cop, even if they have you completely busted, in that case, you tell them that you'll be getting a lawyer
    I would've told the cops, that we don't have anything in the car, and I would've facepalmed and said something along the lines of "I told him he was a dumbass for getting involved in that shit" that would've automatically made the cops lose some suspicion of you

also, I thought I was in the same situation with my parents, and I got busted twice (but I think they had sympathy because the second time I got hit by a car and broke my ankle)
    but your parent's won't bail on you unless they really don't love you, My parents are VERY strongly against drug use
    you'd be better off to take the fall yourself because when a cop says they'll let you off easy if you rat, they're usually full of shit, also, if you rat on the wrong person, you're may be putting your life in danger
    SO DON'T RAT

19. Ok wow you did that ALL wrong. no just no. look at the sticky see what you did wrong.

WHO TELLS THE COP'S THEY HAVE WEED!?

20. They had a search for the apt.... not the whole place right? In order for them to even be able to do that, they need to have yellow tape up, otherwise they're bullshitting (i mean about the WHOLE place). If they had a warrant for only the apt... they can't do anything to you. Ugh, why is it the younger ones always say "YES" to bad things, I never did that at all. Anyway, don't snitch, take the blame it was your own fault for saying yes to even having weed at all.