Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in My apartment..Should I be Worried?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AnimalCollectEV, Nov 28, 2009.

1. #1 AnimalCollectEV, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
    Hi there. I like marijuana just as much as the next guy. I live in a small apartment, and have a neighbor upstairs and this guy pretty much never leaves his house. He's a 50 year old, miserable and lonely old man. I smoke in my bathroom with my girlfriend and friends with the window open and the fan blowing towards the bathroom and I always blow the smoke out. Most of the time I use my one hitter and occasionally I'll smoke blunts. My question is should I be worried? I bring over like maybe 1 or 2 people to smoke a week so its not that often, but I still get sketched about smoking because I'm worried it will smell, also I don't sell but I've bought so much bud I have like 100+ nick/dime bags from way back when before I bought weight, would you advise I get rid of these incase he called the police and the police wanted to search around? If the police came around my apartment complex to the back and smelled marijuana could they come into the house based off of the fact that they smell it? My bathroom window faces behind the apartment complex by the way. Everytime I smoke I leave the bathroom window open for like 10 minutes then spray some febreeze, just need some advice on whether I should be worried? One of my friends told me that smoking in my bathroom is " golden " because a lot of our friends ( Age Group based 17-22 ) smoke in the woods or in their cars because they are idiots and don't have their own places yet so they get caught that way. But he made it seem like I was pretty safe here so what do you guys think? I hope this made sense I'm pretty stoned ahah brb cleaning:hello:
    I also smoke everyday several times a day, Im not to loud but when friends are over it can get rowdy occasionally.

2. Yes, get rid of those little gram bags. Police will pin you with distribution if you get caught with them.

I think as long as you have a fan blowing outside you should be fine. You are able to lock your apartment, right? Lock the doors and blaze on your couch with the fan on. If you get a knock on the door, you have a few minutes to hide your stuff. Unless you're doing other illegal stuff that will merit a warrant, the police will not be able to get one and you don't even have to let them in your house (although things in plain sight can 'waive' your fourth amendment rights).

Check your lease because landlords often slip things in there, like an agreement so they can inspect the apartment whenever with little or no notice.

I think you're being overly paranoid (although paranoia is great prevention)

3. So do you think it'd be safer to blaze on the couch than in the bathroom with the window open? I smoke and my sister stops by often and she can't really know I smoke so I'd be concerned about the smell to be honest ahah

4. I live in a place where you still get you're ass handed to you if you get caught, but at the same time the old adage of "Keep it to yourself" still seems to hold up. A couple of years ago I was living in an apartment in a small building (one of those buildings that is carpeted and really quiet when you go into the hallway). When I smoked in my place you could definetly smell it outside in the hallway, but the cops showed up at whatever random neighbors I had across the hall twice the four years I lived there and never bothered with it even though there is no way they didn't smell it.

Guess it was dumb to let the smell seep out but after so long I just got comforatable. And if they did knock on the door I just wouldn't answer anyway, not likely they are going to get a warrant and bust in.

5. dude you have an apt, and you smoke in the bathrroom? smoke wherever you want, just have a window open w/ a fan blowing out the window, spray some febreeze and you're done. no worries.

6. i agree with sandwich smoke a blunt on your sofa. if he comes to ask about the smell tell em that you burned some shit in the oven. if he does come by then go back to smoking in the bathroom.

7. #8 420cannabis420, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
    Way back when my freshman year of high school, when I first started smoking, me and my friend always smoked in his apartment when his parents were gone, and man was it some good times. There were times where we literally hotboxed his apartment, and no one gave any shits. If your paranoid about it, open your balcony door, and let some air in, but if a cop comes by, I doubt they will go through the pain in the ass of getting a search warrent, and no one is going call the cops because they smell some mj in the hallway.

8. not true about no one callings the cops. my old neighbors called the cops on my roommate and i before.

9. I have the same problems sometimes op. My buddies come over maybe once a week and well blaze, when we do i sometimes get a bit worried about the smell, when i smoke alone i usually dont give a damn....as far as it being safe it depends on your neighbours i think. You seem like your taking good precautions with the febreeze. I usually dont worry if i dont got too much herb cuz by the time a cop would actually get to the weed it would all be gone. :)

10. Sounds exactally like me and my friends:smoking: But ya we've always been fine and he can't even smoke cigs inside or nething... your good!:wave:

11. Cant you just blaze on a room or something, how would the smell get to your neighboor if ur smoking in a room???:confused:

12. #13 Hilikus, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
    I live in an apartment, I have people over to smoke when my parents aren't home and they never figure it out. If my parents -- who live with me -- can't figure it out, your neighbors never will ;)

If you have frequent visitors (i.e., you neighbor always needs you to lend them some sugar... or something) obviously don't smoke in the room where the front door is. I'm assuming this is the living room. If you don't have frequent visitors, then there's no need to worry because no one in the hall or above, below, next to you are going to smell it. Noooo one. If someone does come to your door, it's perfectly acceptable to step outside of your apt and close the door behind you before you talk to them. Who the hell are they to question it?

If you're feeling really sketch about smoking in the apartment, make a bunch of sploofs to exhale through (dryer sheets stuffed in TP cardboard rolls, or paper towel rolls cut in half). I know it's awkward to be "that kid" asking everyone to 'PLEASE use the sploofs because otherwise the cops will come arrest us', but if they're using your apartment they really shouldn't question it. It also makes it less annoying if people have their own instead of having to pass it around... people inevitably forget.

If you start off at ease but as you get higher you feel more paranoid (happens to me sometimes), using sploofs even for just the second half of the session will help, because not only are you covering up the smell of your hits, but the fabric softener smoke (especially combined with some Febreeze) should mix with and cover the smell of the smoke that's already in the room.

If you or your friends smoke cigs, light one up every once in a while, even if you just let it sit burning in the ashtray (don't forget about it though... it can start fires!). That provides a good explanation for a smoky room, and further covers the smell. If no one smokes, or you can't smoke in the apartment, you should be fine with a box fan facing out the window. Within 10 minutes of the last hit taken, no one would ever be able to tell what just went down.

The bathroom IS a good place for superstealth smoking, it's a small area and smells don't typically linger, but unless you have very frequent visitors you should be OK just about anywhere in your apartment.

EDIT: Also, don't blast music and make sure people aren't really loud... that's the #1 way to get Mr. Grumpyass next door to come knocking. Make sure your neighbors like you, because if they genuinely like you and see you as a good student/all-around person, they'll choose to ignore your 'gatherings' even if they get a little loud occasionally.

13. Best way to start off a thread.

Don't worry too much about the guy upstairs. Use a fan, light an incense, and don't answer the door with a bong in your hand.

14. "put a wet towel under the doooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrr"
    duct tape the cracks of your door and stuff a towel in the bottom crack, no smoke will get outta there.

use a sploof if your doing poppers in a bong.

and yes, dont answer the door with a bong in your hand, thats a good point who ever said it lol

15. If you smoke heavily and often in a room the smell will accumulate and you will never notice it, but someone who doesn't smoke might. The bathroom is a good choice because there is less cloth for the smell to stick to. Get some of those plug in air freshener and plug them in in the bathroom and living room when the sister is coming over. Those things will drown out the smell of light pot smoke.

Also misdirection is good. People might smell "something" and if you give them something to think it is, they'll think it's that. I've done things like fry a skillet of onions or burn some toast in the toaster. Someone says, "what's that smell?" and you say "oh I just made dinner," or, "I just burnt some toast."

16. dude, it's your house. BLAZE and ftp.

17. Seriously guys? You can just smoke in the bathroom with the windows open and get some Febreez? Or just smoke a blunt on your porch. Seriously nobody will think shit for real holy shit.

18. My friend has an apartment, a small, 3 beadroom apartment, with his mom, and sister. We smoke the fuck out of that place. The other week, no lie, we had 7 people over there, sitting on his bed, with a hookha. And after the hookha we sent his mom out to get a bottle of soco and a pack of blunts. Smoked all the blunts, and after a couple of people left, got pretty wasted.

Smoke as much as you want dude, no one should give a fuck.

19. You could buy a vaporizer and just toke up anywhere in the house without any worries. I don't know why you wouldn't make this decision if you are worried about the smell already.