Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

green film on tongue ofter a toke???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jaycob533, Nov 20, 2009.

1. well i was watching cops the other night and they pulled over a guy and suspected of him being smoking bud. they did a few test and one witch i have never seen. the cops had him stick his tongue out and look for a green layer of film on his tongue that the cop said was a definite sign of smoking.

so of course i took 6 or so tokes from my piece and looked in the mirror to find the green film was on my tongue. i had never heard of this before in the past year and half i've been toking. the film doesn't come off your tongue easily either. i drank a capri sun, ate some ice cream, and the film was still there.

just something interesting i wanted to share if any of you didn't know:smoke:

2. i have seen it on cops to but have never noticed my tongue green ... ill check next time

3. you don't get anything "green" on your tongue. the cop was just saying some BS..

Seriously, how is smoke going to turn ur tongue green??.. its impossible

4. it puts a green film on the top of your tongue...it doesn't turn your tongue green.

My best friend and I smoked a few bowls and a j one day....we got to talking about that episode of cops and next thing you know he sticks his tongue out at me...it was FUCKNG GREEN lol

We both laughed out fucking asses off.

5. is it possible to pull this film off your tongue? ive never noticed this but im definitly gonna look the next time i smoke

6. i gotta call bs on this one. if your tongue turned green after a toke do it again and post a vid or something. not that i wanna look in your nasty mouth or anything LOL! ive been smokin for over 13 yrs. never seen it in my life. smoke turns your teeth brown, why would it turn your tongue green?? if it does, id like to see the science behind that. unless theres science behind it, it wont stand up in court. hell for all they know you like green candy!

i can see it now... "green tongue! busted! heres youre DUI. enjoy!"

:rolleyes: fat chance but you learn somethin new everyday so its just my opinoin that this is bs.

for the record id like to point out that not once have i ever seen a listed side effect of MJ smoking "developing a greenish flim on tounge". ever.

7. i'll definitely try and find a few things that might work. maybe mouthwash or something. but as far as know of most foods hardly even take any of the film off.

8. it doesn't permenetly put a green film on your tongue. it's only an after side effect for an hours or so after smoking. go and smoke a bowl of a pipe and look at your tongue in the mirror afterwards

9. there is a test they can do to see if you have smoked bud in like the last 8 hours or some shit like that i really havent heard to much about it though.

10. #10 Fishdude, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    if i had a bowl i would. but i dont, so why dont you do it for me or show me some links or studies.

i know it couldnt be perment or my tongue would be more green than kermit the frog. im SURE scientists wouldnt just overlook a side effect like that because any side effect is a possible danger until proven otherwise. there have been too many studies on MJ for all of them to just miss it as well. it would be listed as a side effect regaurdless of it being a danger or not.

you cant just post up something no ones ever heard of before (up to this point in the thread) and expect it to be taken as gospel just because you saw some filthy pigs doin goofy shit on tv.

until multiple people can confirm this with proof, i have to play the role of the doubting thomas here. nothing personal man. i just think that in 13 yrs of me smokin, i woulda noticed my tongue being green afterwards at some point. someone woulda said holy fuck your tongue is green! or why the fuck is my tongue green?! but no. never heard it from anyone. i know for a fact ive brushed my teeth (i brush my tongue as well) right after toke sessions and never noticed.

why wouldnt your teeth and gums discolor in that mannor as well? it just doesnt add up logically. though some things defy logic so im all for learning something new and being prepared!

again, nothing personal, but the proof is in the pudding. unless its green pudding.

EDIT: i do spit a lot durring some sessions so this could be why ive never noticed. surely someone here can solidify your claim though.

11. I have never heard of this, the only possible conclusion really is kief, from grinding bud, that gets sucked into your mouth when you take a hit and sticks to your tounge. But I doubt it, and in all my years of smoking, i've NEVER noticed this.

12. I've heard this too actually. I suppose I'll put down my food and pick up my bong... I'll post up again in a minute. Leme check my tongue first.

13. Personally, I find it fully plausible. When you wake up in the morning if you don't brush your teeth the night before, or if you just look at your tongue when you haven't brushed for a while, there is that white film that develops over your tongue. Hence tongue scrapers to remove it, because it causes bad breath.

Its not the green color of the weed that causes it, but I'd imagine its a build up of bacteria, resin, and smoke in general passing over your tongue and potentially sticking to that film thats already there. I can definitely see it causing it some sort of color. Keep in mind its probably not bright green or weed green, but its certainly possible that its got a green hue.

For example, this picture shows bacteria on the tongue which easily develops when you have bad brushing habits or eat a shit load of food without brushing. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HoEnmRtQOrw/SXoJkNGo6sI/AAAAAAAAARY/Lx30-v2W-jg/s400/108-2082-tongue.jpg

14. Gman, does your kief turn into some sort of hurtling THC meteorite that crashes into the foreign landscape of your tongue when you hit the pipe? You gotta remember, this shit gets burnt, there shouldn't be anything but smoke hitting your mouth....

Annnd back from my bowl. Tongue is the exact same.

15. yeah man i hear what youre saying and all but it was said to be lasting only an hour after toking. with that logic youd be cool with getting a DUI on your way to work because you forgot to brush your teeth? think about it. the cops on tv are saying they can look at your tongue and know youre under the influance. you and i both know that wouldnt hold up in court. hell i could defend myself with no lawyer on that one.

besides, i have been arrested for MJ possesion back in my teens and no, no lookin at my tongue. we all know all they do is shine the flashlight in your eyes to check your puplis and even that might not be enough for a DUI conviction.

16. Yeah man theres no way they could actually convict you on that, shits too weak. Lollipops do that to your tongue, and it can't be an actual valid test. I could see them using it in addition to the pupil test but thats it, and it shouldn't mean anything.

The coloration would definitely go away after too long though, swallowing spit naturally would take the color off, maybe some of the resin, but the bacteria on the tongue is naturally made to stick there and try to stay. So I could also see the color fading after too long. Regardless, I'd say it is impossible to submit that as evidence, just because its bull shit to assume weed is the ONLY THING that turns your tongue green.

In all honesty though, if you're going to court for weed, they're sure as hell not going to use the green tongue as evidence. You'll most likely get urinalysis haha.-

17. brush ur tounge when u brush ur teeth.
    gross.

18. LOL i knew that would come back like that.

are you saying you dont?? MORE GROSS! you should try a dentist and see what they think about it. ;)

brush teeth and gums. brush tongue. hold in mouthwash until burning sensation is gone or i cant take it anymore and my eyes go bloodshot.

result? fantasic breath my wife loves!

your old lady might as well make out with a dog! jk ;)

19. Woah, this is some crazy shit.

20. The kief in the bottom, middle, or w/e can be sucked through the screen into your mouth on the first hits, i've felt it before.

Btw, before you say the kief is always on top, I always cut my weed up with a knife, which causes kief to be everywhere in your bowl. (Yes, a knife causes some kief to fall off)