Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking hash without tobacco?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Flaringo, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Is it possible to smoke hash pure?

Thanks!

2. I NEVER sullen my marijuana with that 'other' plant.
    So yes, you can smoke it without tobacco...
    And in my opinion should always be done in that matter.

P.S.
    Marijuana = non-cancerous on its own, yet full of tar.
    Tobacco = Already known to be cancerous, it's hazardous effects are nearly doubled when coupled with the thick tar of marijuana smoke.

But hey, some people like to do it that way.
    Different strokes for different folks, some like to choke some like to smoke.

Peace.
    :bongin:

3. Yes it is, but why don't you just smoke it with weed if you don't want to smoke it by itself.

4. I was actually surprised to learn that people actually DID sometimes mix hash in tobacco to smoke it in a joint. Now I'm surprised again -- there's people out there that consider it the NORMAL way? :(

I guess there are different customs by region, but as far as I've ever known, hash needs no embellishment. If it ever did, though, it goes best when mixed liberally with its mother plant. :D

Tobacco would ruin it to anyone but a regular tobacco smoker, I think. :/

5. IronLung421: It's not that I don't want to smoke it by itself, it's just that I've read that it wouldn't burn very well without tobacco or weed.

So I can smoke it in a joint or a pipe without problems?

6. I have a hash pipe for smoking hash but I like mixing it with MJ as well..tobacco is out of the question...but I dont smoke ciggs..

7. Actually, studies have shown that marijuana smoking, while it can be damaging to the lung cells/tissue, actually helps protect them against cancer, even from tobacco smoke. So, if you smoke cigarettes, you are actually better off smoking weed as well, not the other way around as you suggest.

8. I wouldn't try to roll just hash into a joint, that probably wouldn't work too well.

A pipe would work if it has a screen, though you could pull it off without using a screen if you are careful.

To smoke hash by itself, if you have no weed to pack it on top of, look up hot knifing. Another method, which I prefer(mostly because I suck at hot knifing), is to get a pin or nail, and stick a ball of hash on the end of it(you may need to push the pin into a small piece of clay or cork so it doesn't fall over). Then light the hash ball so it has a nice flame going on it. Let it burn for 5-10 seconds, then blow out the flame. Immediately place a cup over it, and the smoke will billow up into the cup. Stick a straw under the cup, inhale, and enjoy!

9. Yes, you can pretty much smoke any hash out of a pipe or in a joint, but the way the hash burns all depends on the hash itself. Low quality hashes catch fire and don't burn well while better hashes either bubble or melt when burned.

I have a concentrate bowl and I use a wand to heat the hash.

10. hash goes on top of weed not tobacco :D

11. Outside of the US, in pretty much every other country, it's the normal to smoke spliffs, aka weed/tobacco mix joints, so using tobacco for hash is sort of obvious.

You can smoke it without tobacco though, as you can just replace the tobacco with weed. It's also possible to smoke a joint with hash alone, but it's pretty hard to break the hash up enough to roll a proper joint, and I don't know anyone that actually would want to take the time and effort to do that, when you can just use weed as a filler.

I personally use tobacco in hash joints, as I don't buy hash very often, and the tobacco adds to the more "narcotic" high that hash has, making it more pleasant. With weed tobacco ruins it for me, but with hash it makes it a lot better.

My question is, do you normally smoke hash, and if so, is it soapbar? Because I'm guessing you're from the UK, and over here most hash is soapbar unless you go to the right people. If it is, don't even smoke it, I'd rather shoot up than smoke soapbar, it's adulterated with things that could give you a heart attack or even kill you, and is part of the reason for Cannabis having such a bad name over here.

If however you have a legit hash hook-up, then I'm guessing you probably only buy hash once in a while, in this case, just use tobacco, or if you can afford it, weed, whichever you prefer, but you won't be doing yourself any damage by using tobacco every now and then.

As for in a pipe/bong, you can smoke it on it's own.

12. #12 Flaringo, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    GolgiApparatus: If only I could get weed where I live. :p

Anyways, thanks for all the answers, guys!

I'm really not sure if I should buy it now. Hot Knifing will be hard to do with the stove I have (there's also the fact I live at home with my parents, so smoking it outside or in my room at night would be preferable). The hash-ball-straw-thing sounds interesting, but I'd much rather smoke it in a joint or a pipe. :(

EDIT:

JesusGreen:
    I've only smoked hash once, and weed once. Smoked it out of a pipe mixed with some tobacco. The weed I smoked out of a bong and it was pretty shit. Also the bong completely destroyed me. As a person who's - other than the two occasions I mentioned - has only smoked rolled up paper when I was 10 to look cool (and also has bad lunges because of a history of asthma), that was just way too much smoke.

I don't know if it's soapbar, but since most of the hash around here (I live in a tiny little town in Norway) is pretty bad after what I've heard, I'm guessing it is.

Stupid Norway and its lack of good weed and hash. :(

13. Where do you live? If you're somewhere in the UK and you can't find weed then the likelihood is any hash is soap, and you shouldn't smoke it. There are however also loads of countries where weed is hard to get but hash is common.

14. a bong works great to smoke hash in, or a decent bowl.

15. Edited my post! :) Look above

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pretty easy to find out whether its soap bar. Does it come in a solid brick? Do you have to crumble it with a lighter? If yes, then soap bar is what you got and as jesusgreen said its some dirty shit.

17. yes you can smoke hash by it's self.And that's how it should be done.

18. #18 mirti, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    Where I live, we get pure Hash from Afghanistan and Kush but we don't have weed/marijuana over here so you have to smoke it in a joint with tobacco. But a small ball does the job and no more than a ball to be mixed with tobacco in a joint. However, you can have as many joints as you like to.

19. I would toast it slightly before you pipe it pure. it can have a tendency to close your lungs up if your not used to it so sprinkle it on a little foil, toast it ever so slightly and its ready for a pipe. Its what I have found anyway. Also, if you are smoking it pure, ensure you arent smoking rubbish. Temple ball, minali cream, a great Afghan or something should be good. Polm, good to pure.

20. And if it is "soap bar" the only bowl you want to be putting it in is the toilet bowl!!