Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A little help please!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mysterx, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Ok so here's the story. I am a brand new smoker. Before I started, I did all the research I could on this site and various others. So yesterday I tried smoking my first dime bag. I saw the instructions on how to make a vaporizer out of light bulb. I thought I would improve on the design and tried an Erlenmeyer flask instead. It didn't really work out cause I was only using a lighter and needed a bigger heat source for such a large space. Anyway, then I tried smoking from a glass pipe. I am not sure if I am doing it right or not but it burned like hell(first time smoking anything) and I could only take three hits. Ended up coughing gagging and spitting all over the place. I tried the vaporizer again with no luck. I got so frustrated I through everything away:mad: Much to my chagrin cause now I want it back to try and do it right.:( So here's the dilemma, I want to get high but because of my position in the community I can't make any stoner friends to teach me. Hence the help from the anonymous internet. I wanted to know what if I should go with the vaporizer again? Or just suck it up and try again?

I also looked into cooking with marijuana. Basically I'm trying to get high with as least evidence and harm being done. Any suggestions?:confused:

2. take little hits at a time..

3. nods.. Waterfall Bong

4. Buy a bong, Of course it's gonna burn. shit everyone cough's from time to time.
    Just suck it up, Get high and drink some cool water. lol

5. Make a homemade bong, it's pretty easy. You won't be coughing and spitting up everywhere that way.

6. look up a tutorial on how to make a homemade bong and put ice in the water. that will make it a lot easier to hit

7. i couldnt make the lightbuld vape work myself, and i felt like a crack-head...i would vape take small hits with that glass piece...may i ask what your "position in the community"?

8. k, first off, fuck the vaporizer thing. just use that pipe you were talking about, cuz a joint might be two hard for u to roll. Just take small hits and keep at it.. Dont worry if u dont get high right away becasue not everyone does the first time.

9. If its your first time, just stay away from the lightbulb vape. Since you're new expect your throat will burn after blazing but you'll get used to it after a while. Make sure you're inhaling properly -- breath in your toke then breath in some fresh air while the smoke is still in your lungs to make sure all the smoke gets there, then exhale. Do you know how to use the pipe properly?

10. Got a wrench piece socket? [​IMG]

Got an empty pen? [​IMG]

What about plastic bottle? [​IMG]

Scissors? [​IMG]

Then you can do this! : [​IMG]

11. Double post.

12. i recommend finding water to smoke through to cool down and filter it. This will help immensely. a bong can be fashioned pretty easily from a bottle or anything else that you can put holes and water in (i did a coconut for fun last week). however, this is easiest when you have a piece with removable stems to employ. You're best option would be to buy some glass, its reasonably affordable and healthiest (since many homemade pieces use metal and plastic)Otherwise, I have used the light bulb method. which works. however it takes a little practice, there are alot of videos on youtube that are helpful. as far as design i recommend shelling your incandescent and using a plastic cap from a bottle or whatever will work to put your stem in a bic pen works but if you can, again, glass. a lighter will work for the light bulb, i recommend using a well lit area so u can see the vapor build up and keep an eye on the weed so i not to overcook it, this gets gross fast. use sparing amounts and when you clear it take a long slow pull because the light bulb will not clear very well since the carb is so close the mouth piece. (also, we had a little bit of rubber hose that we attached fort he mouthpiece of ours, i recommend it.

13. Search around the site
    there so many threads on learning how to make bongs etc
    roll a joint or blunt if using a piece is very harsh

14. Just pick up some zig-zags at a local gas station and maybe a cigarillo to practice rolling until you get it down. You can't go wrong with a nice joint, but it kind of wastes bud if you are by yourself. Maybe try a spliff.

15. Buy a mini bubbler! they are not even worth more than 30 bucks and they are awesome! Plus its small so its easy to hide!

16. Since you are going for stealth, I would suggest eating it. You only get the smell when you are cooking instead of every time you smoke.

Look around for some threads on making food to help guide you along the process.

17. u took 3 hits out of a spoon and didn't get high ur first time smoking???????? okay..

18. You shouldn't torch the bud, which means don't hold the lighter over it you give it a .6 second light and your good to go, I figured since new you might be lighting it like crazy (torching) haha atleast thats what we used to do.

19. Thanks for all the help guys I didn't expect so many great responses so quick but I'll try and reply to all. I've seen waterfall bongs and ice bongs a few places didn't think to try it but I will have to look it up. I doubt I'll try the vaporizer again and the real ones are way to expensive. Demoxy Clean my position is one as to where I would be labeled a hypocrite and possibly lose valuable time spent building relationships for it.

I am not sure I used the pipe properly. I saw videos but I think I'm going to get a regular pipe(without a carburetor). I doubt I was breathing properly. I was just inhaling the smoke and it burned so much I just coughed an gagged. Thanks for the bong instructions that'll probably be my next invention.

I don't think I got high. I read a thread somewhere else where another guy was having problems trying to smoke and not getting high and they repsonses were that you would KNOW if you got high. All I felt was a little light headed, when I was driving I was going a little slower, I was a bit more talkative but I don't think I was really feeling it.

I was torching it I would hold the flame over it and inhale at the same time. That probably was the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone good looking out:hello:!

20. smoking is way better than using a homemade vape