Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can you prevent stale pot? how??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by emac, Sep 21, 2009.

1. hi!!
    i am looking for a gift for my boyfriend. he is not a everyday smoker but constantly has some in the house. the problem is, the weed gets stale before his done smoking all of it. is there anything i can purchase him to help keep his weed fresher longer? i was thinking maybe a cigar humidifer box? or will thay cause it to mold? any help or information anyone could give me would be fantastic!! thankss!!

2. air tight container, masson jars. with air tight lids. Anything airtight is your best bet. Keeping it in a baggie will cause it to go stale. So keep it all in a stash jar, with air tight lid.
    [​IMG]

3. A cigar humidor will increase the chance of mold, cigars need more moisture than cured buds.

On the topic of cigars though, I've actually had really good luck with storing smaller amounts of bud in the glass tubes you get some kinds of cigars in. It's dry as hell where I live, but I can leave bud in those for months, and when I come back to it, it's just as perfect and sweet smelling as the day I put it in.

4. I use the save my stash packets they are great

5. personally, i use a tylenol bottle for small amounts.
    anything big amounts i use a mason jar. good luck :)

6. If you're going to keep it in a mason jar or some sort of jar, put an orange peel in there for a few days to add moisture to the bud. Take it out after a few days so that it doesnt get over saturated, this will decrease the chance of mold. Also stash it someplace dark and cold, if its a large amount you can throw it in a fridge or something like that.